PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

pdappcgeek 06-28-2009 11:03 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by scuccia (Post 1003027)
S2U2 2.02 is working fine. Been using it since I flashed J8 090627.

I have also been getting the freezes as well. Seems to happen when I'm scrolling in TF3D or Resco Explorer.

Do you have a lot of txt messages? I had around 5000 and I was getting the freezes.. (would last up to 30-45 seconds) then I reduced the saved texts (sent, inbox, etc) to about 1200 total and no more freezes....

codydavis22 06-28-2009 11:17 PM

I haven't seen this issue mentioned but I may have missed it. I am running the latest version and had this problem with the previous also. In The messaging tab of tflo3d when i type and send an sms it doesn't show up in the threaded sms. I think that it sends but it is kind of frustrating. Is anybody else having this issue?

NinjaDuck 06-28-2009 11:21 PM

My gift to this thread:

Here is a solution for setting your email signature using UC that I just posted:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73147

klone9d6r 06-28-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codydavis22 (Post 1003058)
I haven't seen this issue mentioned but I may have missed it. I am running the latest version and had this problem with the previous also. In The messaging tab of tflo3d when i type and send an sms it doesn't show up in the threaded sms. I think that it sends but it is kind of frustrating. Is anybody else having this issue?

nope, not having this issue.. iv read 4pages back and it seems s2u2 is a problem.has anyone fixd the issue or is it still a problem, bcuz the last juicy8rom was great the only reason for using this new build was for the new dialer.

trevor_g 06-28-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowDrake (Post 1002569)
I'm now having problems with wifi turning itself on. It won't turn off (Comm manager will switch off, but it'll still be consuming power), and it seems to turn itself on randomly, more often when the battery is low. When it turns itself on, it doesn't respond so I can't even use it to connect to a network. A soft reset doesn't fix the problem most of the time. Sometimes it'll show as on in comm manager but I won't have an icon for it, and again, it won't connect.

Absolutely - I have this problem too. Tried hard resetting / reflashing just in case, but no luck.

Like yours, my wifi seems to turn itself on when the battery gets to around 50% - but it CAN turn itself on whenever the heck it wants to. I've made it habit to check every hour or so, just to make sure wifi is off...

Definitely an issue. My battery drains ridiculously fast when wifi is on. :(

Sucks...

saflang 06-28-2009 11:55 PM

I'm having a problem with the weather app. After a while it comes up with a connection error, although I have no problem with Opera. After a soft reset it works again for a while. This to me is a new bug I haven't seen in previous releases.

fiyah 06-29-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codydavis22 (Post 1003058)

I do have this problem. it only happens if i initiate the message first. if i am responding it sends fine with the usual tf3d delay. if i initiated the send however, it doesnt send unless i open the 6.5 text window.

codydavis22 06-29-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdappcgeek (Post 1003005)
1. There are 3 ways I know of: a. UC (user customization), b. Sashimi, c. mortscript
A. Juicy's rom is UC compliant (notice the [UC] in the title of the thread] UC is the process that runs when you hard reset and you see your carrier installing all it's stock programs. I haven't used UC.... BUT.. I'm pretty sure UC compliant roms calls upon the sdconfig file whicih is a normal txt file indicating which cabs to install. I don't know the specifics but I think you have to install the sdconfig in a specific directory (I believe on the storage card root) (do a search for sdconfig or maybe someone here can tell u)
B. Sashimi. (download here: http://www.winmo-experts.com/ ) This is what I use. U install this program to your storage card. Roms can be SD compliant (sashimi compliant) I do not believe Juicy's is. It doesn't have to be though. With Sashimi u put all your cabs into a certain directory on your storage card and start up sashimi. It zips through them. I like Sashimi becuase it also will let you install registry changes. U put REG key backups in a folder called REG and it zips through those too. U can automatically set your email & password, owner information, all the serials to your softwares, weather preferences, etc... everthing.
C. Mort script is a little more complicated.. pretty much does a lot more.. i'm just getting into this

2. I don't know where the internet settings are BUT... Here's how u can figure it out (it lets you figure the settings for any program out:
use CeRegistryEditor. (attached) create an image of your registry with the program with stock internet settings. Then adjust your internet settings the way you want them. Use the program to compare your new registry to your image that you saved. Save the changes to a REG file. Put the reg file in your Sashimi REG folder. DONE!

I know this is off topic but could you tell me how you set your owner information in sashimi? I've been using it for a long while but don't have it do this or weather.

pdappcgeek 06-29-2009 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codydavis22 (Post 1003200)
I know this is off topic but could you tell me how you set your owner information in sashimi? I've been using it for a long while but don't have it do this or weather.

Setting the owner information was a pain in the rear end.. but so important because programs like memmaid call on the owner information for registration purposes.

the owner information was not as easy as looking for the registry changes... it involved transforming hex into... something else as the value in the key of the registry. I researched it a lot.. but I'm at a loss now on how to explain it.. sorry. Maybe someone else can pipe in...

The weather info is easy.. use the method i described in noticing which reg keys are changed

psyki 06-29-2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdappcgeek (Post 1003261)
Setting the owner information was a pain in the rear end.. but so important because programs like memmaid call on the owner information for registration purposes.

the owner information was not as easy as looking for the registry changes... it involved transforming hex into... something else as the value in the key of the registry. I researched it a lot.. but I'm at a loss now on how to explain it.. sorry. Maybe someone else can pipe in...

The weather info is easy.. use the method i described in noticing which reg keys are changed

It involves changing the owner information into base64. All I can say is that you should look into RapiConfig to pull the data from your registry automatically for easy sashimi/UC input. XDA and ppcg has a lot of information on how to do this.