PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

coreyharris2008 06-20-2009 02:46 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090618 (21815.5.0.50) [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTek (Post 984666)
I have this working rather well on a VZW TP.

Curiously, since flashing people I have texted keep telling me I am sending repeat texts for hours to them.

Could this be a flash issue, or is it just a VZW network issue that is a coincidence?

Good Rom Juicy, but can I ask for a change in the next rom?

Have it boot up with the pic that is currently your forum Avatar pic! :)

I have to second that for the pic juicy other than that great job

jskee35 06-20-2009 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatsleft4her (Post 985937)
whats the world clock fix in this rom? does it actually work without an issue or is it patched to another source?

actually works. Ive been trying to test it as much as I can and it p*****. I usually hated tf3d2 because of that but now im on it like white on rice lol

whatsleft4her 06-20-2009 03:42 AM

i downloaded i think ill flash this tomorrow and see how it goes.

MACE 06-20-2009 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevor_g (Post 985847)
Thanks for a quality ROM!

FYI to flashers: Just noticed that Juicy8's pagepool is set at '6' by default (might wanna change that manually if you're a non-Verizon user)...

You know, it helps to *at*very*least* read the change log if you are not going to trouble yourself with reading the authors comments:

"...
[#] True 16mb Pagepool *thanks DCD*
[#] Removed Pagepool changed *doesn't work*
..."

Now, this *does* make me very curious to know, does this mean that the pagepool changer has not actually been working for *any* of the 6.5 builds?
Or is this a new issue only with this sys build?
Only had my TP a few weeks, so I just trusted what pagepool changer told me when I had it read a rom.

If that change has had no effect on 6.5 builds, I have to say *WOW* to the 3 Juicy builds I have tried previous to this one that ran incredibly on the default pagepool. I even did a torture test once with the J7 Kitchen to prove a point to someone that was bragging how awesome their Palm Pre was cause it could have 8 apps loaded without lagging out, and said there was no way a WinMo device could do that, lol.

I was like, "Are you kidding? Not to diss the Pre or anything, its a really great device, but first of all, I honestly don't really think the Clock, Calendar, Textmsg and Phone really count as separate apps, I know for a fact that those are *all* running *all the time* in TF3D2, but that aside, I run a bunch of stuff with no slowdown all the time, here watch"
And I proceeded to load up every app I could think of that would take up as much memory as possible, starting with Youtube, Opera, and the full MS pocketoffice suite.
I hit 16 *reported* apps (some stuff doesn't show in task manager as an app, as it is run as a process, and in Juicy roms, this includes Opera! lol) when the autokill feature started shutting stuff down, even though I still had like 30mb ram left, lol, need to adjust that...
So then I started switching between them, using them, doing stuff, playing with TF3D, watching Youtube, ect.. ect.. all silky smooth..
Have to say, was a testament to the stability of Juiciness, and was a *great* example of why I was using it as my base :mrgreen:

Oh, forgot to mention, I had been tethering for something around 5-6 hours straight at this point, pretty near constant usage, and continued to do so throughout this demonstration with *no* ill effect. :toothy7:

So yeah, if Juicy 7 did that with only a 6mb pagepool, ...WOW...
ALL HAIL THE JUICY ROM!!

heh

MACE 06-20-2009 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kps (Post 985870)
ok. Love the battery life and speed on this phone. Ran some others and ditched the bloat for Juicy. One question (and you have to forgive me if its anywhere before page 525 because thats as far as I read back) but when calling a contact on my TF3D page I can not get the dialer "slide down for options" to work. The selection (work,cell,text,email etc) also stays active instead of dialer. Any hints here?

I tried to get this to happen, actually created a test contact using TF3D with like 6 numbers, and they all seemed to work properly, so sorry, idk about that part (the dialer not becoming active) but I replied to this mainly cause of what you said about the in call slider, cause I used to hate the thing, cause it seemed to be inconsistent, and unreliable, but I realized that its just got kinda way too high a threshold to get it to move. I found that if I start dragging it at the very top, and quickly swipe it all the way down, even through the active dialer buttons, and off the screen, it pretty much works all the time. It will work if you release before you get to the buttons, but its such a short distance, that it can be hard to do it fast enough for it to register.
I personally don't really like the thing, and think it really is just there to look cool, and get in the way.
I mean, it would be one thing to protect the in call buttons from accidental face presses, even though I don't really think its necessary, but the entire point is pretty much defeated when you have two *GIANORMOUS* active buttons completely unprotected by it, one of which will END THE CALL if only tapped lightly!
I am going to look for a way to just get rid of the thing myself.. :P

Sharkie405 06-20-2009 09:59 AM

Sorry to cloud the thread up with non-Juicy talk, but does anyone have an "background on all tabs" cab other than anything that's to do with Showaco? I know I saw one here somewhere, but I've searched and searched and can't seem to find it again. Thanks in advanced.

xenokira 06-20-2009 11:09 AM

Just wanted to say thanks again for all your hard work Juicy! The 090618H release it working pretty great so far :-)

kps 06-20-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACE (Post 986055)
I tried to get this to happen, actually created a test contact using TF3D with like 6 numbers, and they all seemed to work properly, so sorry, idk about that part (the dialer not becoming active) but I replied to this mainly cause of what you said about the in call slider, cause I used to hate the thing, cause it seemed to be inconsistent, and unreliable, but I realized that its just got kinda way too high a threshold to get it to move. I found that if I start dragging it at the very top, and quickly swipe it all the way down, even through the active dialer buttons, and off the screen, it pretty much works all the time. It will work if you release before you get to the buttons, but its such a short distance, that it can be hard to do it fast enough for it to register.
I personally don't really like the thing, and think it really is just there to look cool, and get in the way.
I mean, it would be one thing to protect the in call buttons from accidental face presses, even though I don't really think its necessary, but the entire point is pretty much defeated when you have two *GIANORMOUS* active buttons completely unprotected by it, one of which will END THE CALL if only tapped lightly!
I am going to look for a way to just get rid of the thing myself.. :P

Thanks for the reply. Im surprised you arent getting those icons "bleeding" through to the dialer while in call as I have not loaded anything since the flash. It seems as though its trying to do alot with a little real estate.

Thanks again.

pdappcgeek 06-20-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie405 (Post 986162)
Sorry to cloud the thread up with non-Juicy talk, but does anyone have an "background on all tabs" cab other than anything that's to do with Showaco? I know I saw one here somewhere, but I've searched and searched and can't seem to find it again. Thanks in advanced.

I use showaco's BBE theme 5.3 and it includes the background 4 all tabs. It does not remove my updates and events tab for facebook syncing.

latinsbest 06-20-2009 01:40 PM

I have also noticed this issue...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve (Post 985960)
Hey, question for those using the USCellular Radio...
Do you find that data, gps, and Wifi warm up the phone a bit more than in previous builds?
I'm mean, it's running great, but It seems to be working a bit harder on data.
I'm gonna try the Telus to see if their are any noticeable differences but just curious.