PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

Tipharet 06-04-2009 01:41 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090530 (21725.5.0.2) [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 954517)
what do you mean they dont get along???......there are tons of us using this kitchen/rom.....try a re-flash is all I can tell you since you gave no specifics as to what issues you are having....

Sorry about that. Ive reflashed multiple times, even flashed back to stock, hard reset and flashed to this ROM and then hard reset again.

This is all stock, no installed programs or tweaks.

Im having general issues:

*Overall performance with 6.5
*When going from portrait to landscape to type text the text bar is extended left outside of its normal input area.
*2-4 second lag when moving from landscape back to portait
*Touch sensitivity, missed swipes, presses or maybe just lag?
*Unable to connect to facebook through contacts.
*Keyboard lag when typing
*Lag when enabling Soft-Keyboard, sometimes takes multiple "presses" before it even pops up.
*More camera lag on the screen than other ROMS

In general its been my experience that my device has issues with 6.5, Id love this ROM with 6.1!

dethcom4 06-04-2009 01:54 PM

I'm experimenting with kitchens. If I want to take an updated SYS from Calkulin (21728), and put it in Juicy's kitchen, so I get Juicy's tweaks/roms with the update sys, how do I do that?

Calkulins 21728 SYS comes with 2 files, SYS and ROM. If i copy both over to Juicy's kitchen, I get an error during the build that a file already exists. Do I just copy the SYS instead of the SYS and ROM from Calkulins file?

Matrix 06-04-2009 02:01 PM

I see someone else has this problem, but I can't find any solution.

Opera randomly "crashes" or closes, or whatever...it just disappears while viewing pages like pocketnow.com or pretty much anything. I found by unchecking javascript in settings it works more reliably. I've always had this problem with this rom, dating back months. Before it though Opera was 100% stable.

Anyone know what's wrong? I get the feeling it's Flash related...

austerville 06-04-2009 03:07 PM

Is anyone running SEVEN for push email using this ROM? I just installed it and when I try to run it I get the message "Identifying device" and then after a few minutes I can get an error that "an unhandled exception has occurred"

Nygel 06-04-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tipharet (Post 954596)
Sorry about that. Ive reflashed multiple times, even flashed back to stock, hard reset and flashed to this ROM and then hard reset again.

*When going from portrait to landscape to type text the text bar is extended left outside of its normal input area.
*Lag when enabling Soft-Keyboard, sometimes takes multiple "presses" before it even pops up.

In general its been my experience that my device has issues with 6.5, Id love this ROM with 6.1!

just to bring you up too speed all the items you mention rides on top of you OS, so there will be some sort of lag because there is hardware communicating with software like the keyboard, it will not be perfect you can flash back to stock and all the same issues will be there even slower, custom ROMs are a huge step forward from stock. But also you need to get information and read some threads that will have some bits of information due some software that might be install that does not work well with certain items. Also just a little fyi look at registry tweaks to get your device just how you want it and then/only then will it be perfect.
hope this helps.

pmoreau 06-04-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tipharet (Post 954596)

I am running 090530H on my Sprint and I was having issues with mainly the 1 hour shift of the clock and the dialer. I have stopped using TF and started using SpbMobileShell 3. I have occasionally seen the issue of the text window hidden under the onscreen keyboard but closing the keyboard and re-opening fixes that. The other issues with performance I don't see.
Overall I am quite pleased with this ROM's performance.

When I first installed 090530 from 090418, Sprint TV still did not work (7004) server error and there was horrible lag with the keyboard. I went back to 090418 and ran for a couple days.

I then desided, what the he11, I'll give 090530 another shot. I reinstalled without Sprint TV and the keyboard lag and general performance issues were gone. I still don't use Tflo since those issues remain. The soft keyboard is very snappy now, much better than 090418 (I did all this performing the Hard Reset after loading). After running 090530 for a couple days I decided to give SprintTV another go and loaded it. Wow, It works now!

I am a happy camper.

Tipharet 06-04-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nygel (Post 954801)
just to bring you up too speed all th eitems you mention rides on top of you OS, so there will be some sort of lag because there is hardware communicating with software like the keyboard, it will not be perfect you can flash back to stock and all the same issues will be there even slower, custom ROMs are a huge step forward from stock. But also you need to get information and read some threads that will have some bits of information due some software that might be install that does not work well with certain items. Also just a little fyi look at registry tweaks to get your device just how you want it and then/only then will it be perfect.
hope this helps.

Yes, I have read much and tried various registry tweaks. I havent spent too much time tweaking the registry because if it does not run well out of the "box" then Im not sure if its fruitful for me to spend time tweaking it out. I understand custom ROMS are much better than stock. In terms of KB this issue is non-existent with other ROMS I have flashed.

Again I have not installed any software, these are issues with a base flash.

Would someone be willing to cab up the theme used for this ROM and or attached that hella-nice green and black abstract background found in the camera album?

fakeguy 06-04-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfujiyama (Post 953780)
Ok another weird thing i've noticed.

I can no longer call from the SMS screen. So if i'm reading a text from someone, i cant just hit the call button to call them. It doesn't register or something.

Is this normal?

Did anyone figure this out. Actually none of my on screen call areas are working. In sms or in contacts it doesnt do anything.

Nygel 06-04-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fakeguy (Post 954943)
Did anyone figure this out. Actually none of my on screen call areas are working. In sms or in contacts it doesnt do anything.

might be time for a HARD RESET

jit 06-04-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyki (Post 953921)
I made these custom themes, let me know if they work for you and hit thanks if they do :D

Hey thanks for your help. I tried those out and then only changed things in the TF not in the File Explorer or main windows stuff.

Also, are push pages automatically refreshing for yall?