PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

Wonderboy 04-01-2009 02:52 PM

Re: JUICY 6 - Build 090328H (21042) [UC] *RHODIUM MANILA*

I dont know if anyone has posted this, (286 pages @_@) but for some reason when i send out a text, people will get recieve it three times in a row for each text randomly. i just installed juicy 6 rhodium manila last night and that's just what people have been telling me when i text them. i dont think its sprint because everyone who text me seems to be fine.

or maybe there some sort of conflict with this rom and some of my programs..

aaron130 04-01-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsperez (Post 815965)
I am one of those lucky guys that has had zero problems with 6. Not even time problems. No hangs, lockups, weird resets. No issues with ring tones.

But... there's always a but... last night I installed both cabs from JMZ for clock and theme. The Sprint theme is awesome but it reverts the start menu back to the old style and adds a program tab with 4 across. That is actually not a bad thing (for some people). All else is normal and working as always. This morning I noticed that the new Juicy 6 touch keyboard totally changed to a 10 keypad plus the letters P and W. I've switched to qwerty keyboard for now.

Any thoughts on this? Like is that clock (JMZ Taylor) and Sprint theme ok to install on this ROM?

tsp

I am sooo one of those guys too! This ROM is immaculate!! I absolutely love it!!!! The ONLY things are the bluetooth issue and the battery drains but theyre both no big deal and I heard theres a fix for the bluetooth just havent looked into it. Im actually afraid to try anything else or flash another rom thats how good this is running. Hopefully those talented people start making some more themes for this manilla!! Im gonna keep this rom on my storage card at all times in case I flash Juicys upgrade and have problems Ill always have this to go back to!!

flipper2008 04-01-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate.spangler (Post 814978)
1 goto settings tab
2 communications
3 settings
4 wireless lan
5 menu
6 wi-fi
7 network adapters
8 bluetooth pan driver
9 change to " use server assigned ip address

all fixed!

Im doing this, but its just not working for me, internet wrks for a few minutes then I go to check weather and the freaking thing gives me the DNS error .. ALL Adapters are set to the top one(use server assigned IP's) All of a suddent this started happening today, reset several times, but no joy.:disgust:

aaron130 04-01-2009 04:04 PM

Heres a few screenshots of my ROM byhttp://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...Screen01-8.png http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...Screen02-4.pngJuicy. Im using that Black Manilla theme from XDA. Its REAL clean looking, and Im using Icons Ive had that I used from an HD Theme.

bruceo 04-01-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron130 (Post 816393)
I am sooo one of those guys too! This ROM is immaculate!! I absolutely love it!!!! The ONLY things are the bluetooth issue and the battery drains but theyre both no big deal and I heard theres a fix for the bluetooth just havent looked into it. Im actually afraid to try anything else or flash another rom thats how good this is running. Hopefully those talented people start making some more themes for this manilla!! Im gonna keep this rom on my storage card at all times in case I flash Juicys upgrade and have problems Ill always have this to go back to!!

Yeah I agree I have been hodling on to this ROM so far even with the minor bugs, even the ringtone has been holding up so far since yesterday the only really bad thing is the battery life is just terrible, but theres a lot to say about a ROM that I would hold on to it with terrible battery life because bad battery life is ususally the first reason to get rid of a ROM.

XmemphistoX 04-01-2009 05:00 PM

I'm not sure if its just me, but does anyone notice that the v6 rom seems a bit choppier. Especially when you're flipping the photos around. It looked silky smooth on my old v5 rom but after I upgraded to 6 it looks like its frameskipping. The email envelope animation looks choppy too.

aaron130 04-01-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XmemphistoX (Post 816601)
I'm not sure if its just me, but does anyone notice that the v6 rom seems a bit choppier. Especially when you're flipping the photos around. It looked silky smooth on my old v5 rom but after I upgraded to 6 it looks like its frameskipping. The email envelope animation looks choppy too.

I dont notice this at all. Its VERY smooth on my end.

kevinb13 04-01-2009 05:31 PM

Sorry if this has been addressed but has the issue with the phone dial pad only putting out numbers been fixed?

davenukem 04-01-2009 05:57 PM

Third time i get to ask this question in this thread, is it just me who is experiencing the cut off in the new TF3D2 texting interface. If you type a message that is large in it will just cut off what it displays past a certain point? Is anybody else having this problem? Also, if you did have this problem how did you go about making the text message shown larger (as in showing more characters and not cutting it off).

aaron130 04-01-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenukem (Post 816766)
Third time i get to ask this question in this thread, is it just me who is experiencing the cut off in the new TF3D2 texting interface. If you type a message that is large in it will just cut off what it displays past a certain point? Is anybody else having this problem? Also, if you did have this problem how did you go about making the text message shown larger (as in showing more characters and not cutting it off).

Ya I think this is a problem with the manolla, im sure everyone has this issue.