PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

mlin 05-08-2009 07:15 PM

Re: [ROM] [Apr 29] JUICY 7 - Build 090429H (21501.5.0.70) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

Quote:

Originally Posted by shayandaman (Post 904206)
Anyone else experiencing the phone getting REALLY hot and the battery draining really quickly?

What radio are you using? You may want to try flashing a different radio. I noticed that since I switched to the Verizon radion my phone does not get as hot and my battery last longer.

Lat 05-08-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 904066)
It's very good. Mike has released with it but I know which build he is using, he got it from Ghetto, who got it from me who got it from someone else. It is an incomplete build and I am awaiting a true SYS.

Nevertheless I am using the incomplete build for daily use now.

Can't wait!

shayandaman 05-08-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 904209)
What radio are you using? You may want to try flashing a different radio. I noticed that since I switched to the Verizon radion my phone does not get as hot and my battery last longer.

I'm using 1.11.00F

I can't seem to flash other radios.

Juicy47 05-08-2009 08:03 PM

Code:

[ ] New Custom Kitchen
[+] Facebook (1.0.0.7)
[+] AutoRun (4.31.6.2)
[+] Updated Touch Drivers
[#] UPX Compression (executables & drivers)
[#] CFC Compression (manila executables & drivers)
[#] Further Optimized Touch Sensitivity
[#] SprintTV Support
[#] Updated ZLibCE Library

bladed2 05-08-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 904292)
Code:

[ ] New Custom Kitchen
[+] Facebook (1.0.0.7)
[+] AutoRun (4.31.6.2)
[+] Updated Touch Drivers
[#] UPX Compression (executables & drivers)
[#] CFC Compression (manila executables & drivers)
[#] Further Optimized Touch Sensitivity
[#] SprintTV Support
[#] Updated ZLibCE Library

i can hardly understand the new changes. care to explain the effect of some of these changes juicy? e.g. UPX compression.

Juicy47 05-08-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladed2 (Post 904298)
i can hardly understand the new changes. care to explain the effect of some of these changes juicy? e.g. UPX compression.

UPX compression is a technique used for decreasing size, and increasing speed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UPX

CFC is Chainfire's Compression technique from XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470798

bladed2 05-08-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 904310)
UPX compression is a technique used for decreasing size, and increasing speed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UPX

CFC is Chainfire's Compression technique from XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470798

Niiice. i haven't flashed in a while. only thing thats bothered me on the last rom is the texting lag with the hardware keyboard. same lag doesn't appear on everything else such as opera. Anyone else have this issue? or should i go get my touch pro replaced for a new keyboard.

Besides that i'll be patiently waiting for the next Juicy release.

Mega-Japan 05-08-2009 08:37 PM

Alright. Up to now I've tried the most popular roms out there and so far, this is the one I like the best. However, I still have a few problems.

-When trying to use the voice command utility, I get the following error:
"The file 'VoiceCmd' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."
(fixed after re-installing Voice Command and setting up the buttons)

-In the "People" tab, when I tap on the person on my favorites, nothing happens. Nothing happens when I click on the phone icon either.

-In the contacts list, when I get into anyone's profile and try to call them by pressing the call button, nothing happens. This however, works from selecting contacts in the Start menu.

I tried using google and searching this thread to see if I can find the fixes to these errors, no success yet. I did notice the contact problem is common.

Sprint HTC Touch Pro, hard reset after flashing.

On another note, in the WM6.5 start menu, is there a way to have a background for landscape and another for portrait so that the portrait background doesn't duplicate horizontally when landscape? If not, I'll try some tweaking myself.

drewmerl 05-08-2009 08:40 PM

JUICY 7 - Battery, excessive heat, loss of power, draining

Quote:

Originally Posted by shayandaman (Post 904206)
Anyone else experiencing the phone getting REALLY hot and the battery draining really quickly?

Yes, off and on, I point to my 3G turning on at random times and, similar to the OEM ROM, ends up just 'burning' through the battery.

After some thread browsing I did come across a post that mentions that there is a setting under:
*Internet > Menu > Data Settings > Push Internet

I realized that is why my connection kept activating. I turned it off and I have not had any further issues. I know it wasn't my push email as I just flashed and have no email accounts set up.

On a side note, the battery life of the current Juicy 7 seems comparable to that of the previous build I was using (Juicy 6 090328H - probably roll back to that one as it worked best for me).

drewmerl 05-08-2009 09:19 PM

JUICY 7 - Looking to create from an older build

Greetings,

After a quick infusion of Thai food and Star Trek the movie (it took a bit of effort to quit thinking of Spock as Siler), I am ready to enhance my previous experience utilizing Juicy's fine ROMs.

I have a Juicy 6 that I am thinking of going back to (call me old fashion, but it worked without a hitch), but I would like to get the last build in that group: 090406H.

The only other enhancements I would like to walk away with are:
  • Something similar to the WinMo 6.5 lock - simple, easy to use, and works better than the 6.1 with the sliding keyboard/stylus issue
  • A working version of the 'link profile' (updates and events) tab in the contacts section
  • The proper cab that links the world clock to G-alarm or any program
  • The cab that adds the programs tab with three rows and the plus to the TF3D

I found the little link that shows all the cabs that can be found in this thread, but there are so many that I am not sure which to use. It would be nice if there was a small description and install instructions that came with them, but as it stands I do not even know what post to associate them with.

I'm probably not making sense and being too high maintenance for a Friday night, but I have all this time to burn during my recovery from my surgery so please bear with me. You see how many post I've done today? ](*,)

At a minimum, can someone point me to the link to Juicy build 090406H?

Thank you for your time and patience. More irrelevant post to come. :drunken: