PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

woody88 04-20-2009 06:51 PM

Re: JUICY 7 - Build 090418H (21501.5.0.7) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabru2001 (Post 861331)
pocketwit working fine for me.

I do wanna say that in RSS Hub, TF is not working, I have to use the slider bars. I miss looking at my comics and just sliding the screen.

under UI settings, the default is 50. If I even as to raise it to 75, it would not work at all, and crahsed out with memory exception error. Do you happen to have the default value of 50 set there? and now as I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, the setting of 50 doesn't work either. I guess it's rather hit and miss with everyone's phones.

gabmurillo 04-20-2009 07:19 PM

I have my first and only problem. My Windows Live connection disconnects constantly so I can't keep my e-mail push going which I need. I just noticed this today and haven't had this problem with any 6.1 ROM so don't know if this is a 6.5 issue or something with this version.

Other than that, great ROM, fast and battery lasts forever!!

ShadowDrake 04-20-2009 07:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
That nuebattery .exe installer creates too many issues for me to use it. I don't need the fastcharge that badly.

If you want a 1% battery meter without the issues that come with the .exe installer, try this one. It's an old version and isn't available on no2chem's site any more. The version he has there is double the size (???). This old version DOES NOT have fastcharge. Installing a fastcharge driver over this will bring you back to 10% battery increments. This version also doesn't cause any weird issues in changing .dll's it's not supposed to and changing the theme.

Also, the second cab seems to be an updated version of devicelock, at least it has more options and seems to work just dandy. Luckily, I still had it around. Enjoy.

Did more searching, it came from this post.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2217

Edit: My messaging app still seems to hang and be pretty slow, there's ~2000 texts in it right now. I guess I'll delete all of them and start fresh and see how it goes. I saw another post a while ago that was a complaint about the 6.5 messaging app choking on too many texts. Will come back with results.

Edit 2: Short review of this version of devicelock...

It actually locks the device when it's powered off when you choose "Lock on power off." If you put the phone into standby, wait about 10 seconds, then turn it back on -- the screen is already locked, no delay. No clue what Easy Unlock does, and vibrate on unlock does not seem to work. This version seems faster than 1.1 and doesn't have the double-unlock bug.

gmfeny 04-20-2009 07:33 PM

Is the time fixed in this rom.

SledWrecker 04-20-2009 07:34 PM

This is great work Juicy, I switched from copper for this and am very very pleased. I was skinning my own dialer and comm manager and it was causing me a few problems (with copper.) Now I don't have to worry about it. I perfer the black dialer but the white is fine, much better then the stock one.

Question?

How can I disable the commection setup popup that occurs after every soft reset? You get the connection "operator is not in database" popup, then when I click "HIDE" it opens the "Connections" settings. That's it.! Thanks man, and keep up the great work! I'll send some $ ur way u earned it!

ShadowDrake 04-20-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmfeny (Post 863311)
Is the time fixed in this rom.

The time bug isn't a rom-related bug, it's TF3D related. So, no, it isn't.

pastert33 04-20-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowDrake (Post 863299)
That nuebattery .exe installer creates too many issues for me to use it. I don't need the fastcharge that badly.

If you want a 1% battery meter without the issues that come with the .exe installer, try this one. It's an old version and isn't available on no2chem's site any more. The version he has there is double the size (???). This old version DOES NOT have fastcharge. Installing a fastcharge driver over this will bring you back to 10% battery increments. This version also doesn't cause any weird issues in changing .dll's it's not supposed to and changing the theme.

Also, the second cab seems to be an updated version of devicelock, at least it has more options and seems to work just dandy. Luckily, I still had it around. Enjoy.

Did more searching, it came from this post.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2217

Edit: My messaging app still seems to hang and be pretty slow, there's ~2000 texts in it right now. I guess I'll delete all of them and start fresh and see how it goes. I saw another post a while ago that was a complaint about the 6.5 messaging app choking on too many texts. Will come back with results.

So this Device lock CAB will let you lock the screen when you press the power button? Do we need this CAB in order to do that?

ShadowDrake 04-20-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastert33 (Post 863332)
So this Device lock CAB will let you lock the screen when you press the power button? Do we need this CAB in order to do that?

Yes, I added a short note about it to the last post in an edit.

Install that cab, go to...

Start -> Settings -> System -> Device Lock

Check "Lock on power off" and tap OK.

Wait about 30 seconds (for registry change to be committed), or if you're daring, just soft reset immediately. Now, it's active and will automatically lock when the phone is powered off.

bladed2 04-20-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowDrake (Post 863348)
Yes, I added a short note about it to the last post in an edit.

Install that cab, go to...

Start -> Settings -> System -> Device Lock

Check "Lock on power off" and tap OK.

Wait about 30 seconds (for registry change to be committed), or if you're daring, just soft reset immediately. Now, it's active and will automatically lock when the phone is powered off.

Isn't this already cooked into the rom? I mean i have it. and i've used it. working perfect. y do we need the cab?

LoWw 04-20-2009 07:52 PM

Does this rom have the issue with the Phone>View and it cover 3/4 the screen of your call history??