PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [3-9-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52307)

brokenlink 02-28-2009 02:21 PM

Re: [2-24-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.7 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC]

Since I upgraded to 1.7 my phone comes on by itself more often. In prior versions it stayed off when I had it powered off. This was a problem I had with the Mogul and was happy to see that wasn't the case with the TP. Along with spontaneous powering up, battery life has gown way down. In prior versions, I could leave my phone off for hours and the battery wouldn't deplete noticeably. Yesterday is was nearly completely drained within a day of non-use, which is atypical.

And again, I can't seem to get threaded messages implemented. Don't know what is unique with my set up.

gabbythe1 02-28-2009 05:40 PM

Re: [2-24-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.7 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC]

Hi KevanK,
First off, I have to confess that your ROM is terrific and I like it a lot cause it is loaded. However, I must say that some of the software are duplicated. For instance, the latest version 1.7 has two calculators, two IM software (BeeJive and OZ IM) and many of the games are trial version. I thought that I could bring this to your attention since I think you are a guy who desires to improve your ROM.
Please look into it because I think this could free up some memories. Thanks

GoodGets 02-28-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenlink (Post 744575)
Since I upgraded to 1.7 my phone comes on by itself more often. In prior versions it stayed off when I had it powered off. This was a problem I had with the Mogul and was happy to see that wasn't the case with the TP. Along with spontaneous powering up, battery life has gown way down. In prior versions, I could leave my phone off for hours and the battery wouldn't deplete noticeably. Yesterday is was nearly completely drained within a day of non-use, which is atypical.

And again, I can't seem to get threaded messages implemented. Don't know what is unique with my set up.

As many problems you've had with your phone, I might try to return it. Hopefully you have insurance. If not, have you done a couple hard resets? Two usually does the trick after a flash, but in your case I'd say 9 is a safe number. j/p, but you really might wanna hard reset it like 3 times.

Also have you tried s2u2? Really great program. Has a couple battery management features. Like it can automatically turn off the screen, which will save battery if your screen keeps coming on. Might wanna look into it.

(thanks housinit)

digitalonellc 02-28-2009 08:47 PM

KK,

I first tried your rom at 1.5, thought it was bloated and trashed it, now I let it load completely, and TF3d is very responsive, and all the stuff loaded in is awesome, you have ALL the tweaks associated with a good TP rom, keep up the great work, but not too much work, we all seen what happens when you take on too much, aka SSK 1.5

Nice even pace brother.

GoodGets 02-28-2009 11:09 PM

Kev, not that it matters since your rom is running so smooth (my favorite version so far btw), but I think that you have might have a wasted 5mb at start up. I do have s2u2 installed, so it could be coming from that.

I found it using a new memory reclaimer made specifically for the our device. It's called cleanRAM v1.0.1. Don't know if you want to include it in future builds or not since the TP really never runs out of ram, but it's a really good little program.

brokenlink 03-01-2009 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodGets (Post 744879)
As many problems you've had with your phone, I might try to return it. Hopefully you have insurance. If not, have you done a couple hard resets? Two usually does the trick after a flash, but in your case I'd say 9 is a safe number. j/p, but you really might wanna hard reset it like 3 times.

Also have you tried s2u2? Really great program. Has a couple battery management features. Like it can automatically turn off the screen, which will save battery if your screen keeps coming on. Might wanna look into it.

Thanks for the feedback. I wouldn't say I've had a lot of issues. Until this last upgrade battery life was the typical 1 day that most get. By not means am I complaining about the ROM. I think it's terrific. I've noticed on first load it seems a bit slow responsiveness wise, but it improves significantly with use.

I'm thinking the phone turning on itself might have to do with Active Sync always wanting to run on the phone. Also, my coverage area isn't the best so I suspect the phone is always trying to phone home. It was much worse with the Mogul.

I'd say that the threaded SMS is the one thing that baffles me. In the stock ROM I got interlaced messages. In this one I can't seem to. And yes, I'd done a couple of hard resets.

cjmedina 03-01-2009 01:23 AM

can some one tell me what programs are in the media folder. im looking for the stream audio one, its like last fm. but it has some type of skin that show the artist thanks

brokenlink 03-01-2009 01:27 AM

Anyone tried to use MobileMonger? When I run it, it loads and then when I select scan device I get a pop-up error messages that states "Problem scanning path \ : Exception Occured scanning Directory Windows : Exception Occured scanning directories"

When I scan the storage card I get no error, it just tells me how much free space is on the card.

Glitch4583 03-01-2009 01:54 PM

Maybe it's just me being unlucky but this ROM does not seem to like me. I've flashed the ROM twice, hard rebooted at LEAST half a dozen times in just one day, and still I'm getting errors from not only installed programs (oz messenger) but it has issues with programs that no other ROM has (my .cab for agile messenger is seen as an invalid file) and also won't run my installed version of iGo.
I think this ROM is fantastic, I love the selection of games and if anybody could clue me in on why I'm having such a headache, please, let me know.

- Glitch

Deval 03-01-2009 08:22 PM

I haven't had any issues with this ROM just yet, but I'm trying to get the theme back to the stock manilla with white clock, etc. and am unable to find the files. I was never a big fan of the Sprint neon icons.

Any suggestions?