PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [3-9-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52307)

vladtepes86 02-21-2009 07:53 PM

Re: [2-21-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.6 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by housinit (Post 728212)
READ people. The FIRST post in this thread says: LANDSCAPE TF3D DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE IT IS FROM THE TOUCH HD.

There is actually a problem if you open a text message in normal mode then slide the keyboard out at certain points, it ends up staying normal orientation instead of switching to landscape even though the keyboard is out and you can type on it. While you can just open and close it again I don't think everyone should be all up in those that mention problems about landscape as their are some problems here that are not because of purely TOUCH HD

xs2k 02-21-2009 08:57 PM

Re: [2-21-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.6 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by housinit (Post 728347)
Its actually quite annoying to have the same question asked like 10 times. This "issue" has been brought up in this thread like 30 times, and its plainly posted in the first post that it does not work with TF3D Touch HD. Used caps because its in caps on the first post and in bright red, AND this has been answered many times in this thread, SO CAPS ARE FULLY WARRANTED in the post.

Remember, the Search feature built into these forums is your friend. I'm too lazy to cook ROMs myself, so I at least put some effort in figuring things out on my own so I don't have to put more load on the cooks, as they put enough of their personal time into helping all of us out.

Not trying to flame anyone, just being matter of fact.

--housinit

YES, I UNDERSTAND HOW FRUSTRATING THIS CAN BE FOR YOU. I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO IGNORE A POST. YOU KNOW, YOU JUST GOTTA READ EVERYTHING EVERYONE POST IN THIS FORUM.

FOR A PERSON WHO JUST BOUGHT THE TP, HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT FEATURE IS CALLED "LANDSCAPE???"

----------------------------------------------------

Kevin, sorry to thread crap. Keep up the good work, I love your roms! Cheers

housinit 02-21-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xs2k (Post 728704)
FOR A PERSON WHO JUST BOUGHT THE TP, HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT FEATURE IS CALLED "LANDSCAPE???"

](*,)
It's called taking the time to read and do your own research.

And maybe you should follow your own advice and not use all caps, as this is a public forum and you're not just talking to me.

And fortunately, for you, people like me who read every post in the thread are the ones that answer your questions. So maybe you should appreciate that.:disgust:

--housinit

Sometimes I just can't help myself, I am demon.:twisted:

housinit 02-21-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vladtepes86 (Post 728532)
There is actually a problem if you open a text message in normal mode then slide the keyboard out at certain points, it ends up staying normal orientation instead of switching to landscape even though the keyboard is out and you can type on it. While you can just open and close it again I don't think everyone should be all up in those that mention problems about landscape as their are some problems here that are not because of purely TOUCH HD

This problem actually comes all the way from the stock rom and is an issue in Windows Mobile. Remember on the stock rom if you selected a text message with the keyboard closed and opened it up to quickly it would just close the text message and throw you back to tf33d landscape? Well this is just the same thing happening, but since there is no landscape to throw you back to it throws you back to a portrait oriented screen. Which if you close the keyboard and open it back up fixes it. So again, it really doesn't have anything to do with TF3d HD or KKs rom, it has to do with the lag issue that WM6 has. I really don't think that Kevan can do anything about this, because no one has been able to fix the issue with standard manilla tf3d.

--housinit

lse4 02-21-2009 11:49 PM

Re: [2-21-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.6 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]

a lil help i installed this v1.5 and sumtimes when i wake up my phone is frozen and it says like tile or sumthing like that on the screen then i have to reset the phone anyone else have this problem/

housinit 02-22-2009 12:27 AM

Re: [2-21-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.6 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by lse4 (Post 729047)
a lil help i installed this v1.5 and sumtimes when i wake up my phone is frozen and it says like tile or sumthing like that on the screen then i have to reset the phone anyone else have this problem/

Ummm.....what is the exact error message, might be able to help if you could let me know what the whole error message is. Whatever it may be, it sounds like something is trying to update while the phone is asleep and it launches on its own, but fails.

Have you installed anything on the phone that auto updates? The only thing that comes to mind that has "tiles" is Zumobi. Do you have that installed?

--housinit

Eclipsi01 02-22-2009 02:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I'm having an odd problem, and this is the 2nd time I've flashed with KK's v1.5.

The pretty icons at the top: volume, signal, etc... the original icons are cool. However, after a few days, they go back to basic 2D-looking boring icons. Any ideas why? Please see attached screenshot.

housinit 02-22-2009 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipsi01 (Post 729435)
Ok, I'm having an odd problem, and this is the 2nd time I've flashed with KK's v1.5.

The pretty icons at the top: volume, signal, etc... the original icons are cool. However, after a few days, they go back to basic 2D-looking boring icons. Any ideas why? Please see attached screenshot.

Thats a strange one. Have you installed anything? How about downloading 1.6 and flashing to that, maybe that might resolve the issue. Thats just really, really strange.

You could try to find the cab that installs the custom icons and see if that makes them stay. But that is not a solution to what is causing it to happen. Did you actually flash the rom again or did you just hard reset? Have you tried downloading the ROM again from the internet, just to make sure the one you downloaded originally is not corrupt? Have you tried to flash from your SD card?

--housinit

Eclipsi01 02-22-2009 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by housinit (Post 729707)
Thats a strange one. Have you installed anything? How about downloading 1.6 and flashing to that, maybe that might resolve the issue. Thats just really, really strange.

You could try to find the cab that installs the custom icons and see if that makes them stay. But that is not a solution to what is causing it to happen. Did you actually flash the rom again or did you just hard reset? Have you tried downloading the ROM again from the internet, just to make sure the one you downloaded originally is not corrupt? Have you tried to flash from your SD card?

--housinit

Re-downloaded and installed the ROM twice. I'm no noob to flashing.

housinit 02-22-2009 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipsi01 (Post 729708)
Re-downloaded and installed the ROM twice. I'm no noob to flashing.

Thats great. But did you install anything? Have you tried flashing from SD card to eliminate your computer from causing a problem? Doesn't make sense that they would just revert back, considering the files actually have to be overwritten in order for them to change. Maybe your flash ram is going bad or something like that.

Do you have UC setup on your device? Is it somehow auto running and installing something without your knowing?

Just throwing out different ideas. Have you tried flashing to KK's 1.6 with the different sys that he released lastnight?

--housinit