PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

da1stprince is keeping up the good workda1stprince is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
did it work? Hope so! I'm running Vista too and what I suggested worked for me.

i finally got to the bottom of this issue!!!! it seems that when building your kitchen using the vista os,there are two paths involved in this process..the 1st one is the (c:/program files/ppckitchen.org/buildos/user_oem) the specific folder is the one created by oemizer labeled-(zzzzzOptional_Personal). when you create your personal oem, your settings are saved in this folder.if you have an issue with the oem you created or just want to start fresh without it showing up in your kitchen, you should delete that zzzzzOptional_Personal folder in 2 locations. the first location pathway is mentioned above and second location is located in a hidden location (c:/users/(username,in my case-da1stprince)/appdata/local/virtualstore/program files/ppckitchen.org/buildos/user_oem and delete the 2nd (zzzzzOptional_Personal) folder.** to unhide this folder go to tools -options-under file and folder settings and select-"show hidden files and folders" and that 2nd pathway will be visible. The deletion should be done in that order because, the 2nd pathway is created when you actually create and initialize that personal oem(zzzzzOptional_Personal) in the kitchen. if only created using oemizer,it will not be seen in the 2nd location. i should also mention that you can edit some of your personal oems if you just want to delete some and not all your personal settings saved. Open (zzzzzOptional_Personal) in both locations and make necessary changes,just make sure you do them in both locations. hope this helps you all out like it did for me..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Because you screwed up your project creation. Probably from clicking on a QVGA library.
You are correct. I did. Thanks.
Quote:
Did it not work before? It's always worked for me.
It wont let a build even complete for the herman device. You have to NOT select it if you want the build to get to the end. So no, it doesnt work. Others have noticed this too.
Quote:
It should. Let us know if it doesn't. I haven't checked in a long, long time.
I dont know. I still cant get a finished build. Even when I unselect VOIP, the build finishes to 100% but hangs at the Touch Pro screen. Others have posted this problem as well, but there doesnt seem to be an answer. Could this be a pagepool setting issue? You commented that it shouldnt be the problem before, but I dont even know if I want to try another build until I can figure out why I am not getting a good build.
Quote:
It should be similar, not way different, even on Apache. Try it, and let us know.
I would like to try, but not getting past the initial splash screen. I am attaching my selections file... maybe you could shed some light.
Attached Files
File Type: txt TP20755.txt (4.5 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

i even tried another build with default pagepool. still no go. i will watch for more comments on the stability of this thing... or perhaps try a different kitchen.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
It wont let a build even complete for the herman device. You have to NOT select it if you want the build to get to the end. So no, it doesnt work. Others have noticed this too.
What's it do, if it doesn't complete?

Quote:
Could this be a pagepool setting issue?
No.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
Quote:
What's it do, if it doesn't complete?
File create error on "dnsapi.dll".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VOIP Error.jpg (10.9 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Kolano; 12-29-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

last post is correct. that dns file error. but that is the least of my concerns. as i said, if I uncheck the VOIP option, the build completes, the device goes all the way to 100%... but the device boot never gets past the splash screen. I have tried 3 different builds. Nothing has worked. You have my selections file, so if you can figure out what is wrong, that would be great.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:16 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

When cooking the kitchen I keep getting this error

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files....\Upgrade\Raphael_RUU\RUU_signed.nbh
Old 12-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
When cooking the kitchen I keep getting this error

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files....\Upgrade\Raphael_RUU\RUU_signed.nbh

Here is what worked for me;

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=180

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 11:59 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Yeah I just completely reinstalled BuilderOS

Now i'm having a problem with syncing. Well...it won't sync to my computer nemore. Using 20931

I tried reinstalling MS sync center, but it just won't detect it
Old 12-30-2008, 02:51 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

make sure advanced network functionality is unchecked

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development