PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ROM] ROOTROM and Themed roms - Sense 2.5 - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - 05/26/2010 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100407)

fiyah 03-14-2010 12:57 PM

Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 11 2

Root bredrin... I know a lot of chefs hear this all the time: this ROM is the best I have ever flashed! etc. And most of the times people say that not necessarily because of the ROM itself but moreso because of the new developments in APPS and builds to be honest. But this is for sure the exception. Your SlimRoot is BY FAR the best ROM I have ever come across. And I am talking about purely the base ROM. It is iPhone smooth, but Windows customizable and functional. Amazing, amazing, raasclaat amazing ROM! You will be getting a dinner donation from me pretty soon. Thanks for the amazing work you put into each ROM and most of all the attention you give your flashers (not to be confused with "flashers" for the pervs).

rootlinux 03-14-2010 01:00 PM

Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 11 2

Thanks Fiyah

Flak 03-14-2010 02:28 PM

I have been using your roms for quite awhile now. Usually with great results. I have tried all the 03112010 sense 2.5 2012 roms, except slim so far (trying slim after this post). I am having constant lock up issues. Have to pull the battery then turn the phone back on. Once the phone is back on, one of two things happens:
1) customization runs again
2) sense no longer loads

I follow the flashing procedure stickied in this forum. When I have problems with a flash I flash back to an OEM sprint rom and make sure everything works then flash to the rom I was trying to use.

rootlinux 03-14-2010 04:14 PM

I have not had any lock ups on any of my roms.

jspenc3 03-14-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flak (Post 1629784)
I have been using your roms for quite awhile now. Usually with great results. I have tried all the 03112010 sense 2.5 2012 roms, except slim so far (trying slim after this post). I am having constant lock up issues. Have to pull the battery then turn the phone back on. Once the phone is back on, one of two things happens:
2) sense no longer loads

I follow the flashing procedure stickied in this forum. When I have problems with a flash I flash back to an OEM sprint rom and make sure everything works then flash to the rom I was trying to use.

I had the same thing happen when I tried both XXXRootRom (a build from several weeks ago) and XXXCarbonRoot (the first one) ROMs. Both seemed to work fine, then after a few days (maybe even hours with CarbonRoot) Touchflo would start crashing and eventually the OS wouldn't even finish booting. The only thing to do was a hard reset. Even that didn't always work (though it always booted fine for the first few reboots after they were first installed). I am now on the last official Sprint build and it has been running fine for a over a week (aside from the usual WM issues). I also tried flash dancing and it didn't help. I really liked the rom otherwise!

syntheticexctasy 03-14-2010 05:48 PM

I've been running the titanium variant for a couple weeks now. Very impressed with the interface and functionality, but annoyed with lockups and sluggish response. Tried reflashing, and a hard reset after reflash.

Edit: Don't mean to sound so crude, sorry lol. I think I may be a bit bias against 6.5.5 I guess. I haven't found a 6.5.5 rom I've liked yet if it makes you feel any better. If it mattered to begin with.

botnryan 03-14-2010 05:59 PM

Those are really odd problems you guys are having, ive never had that happen with ANY rom. Maybe a bad download? BTW root thanks for that link to the ext. battery :D gonna get me one soon, but for now i stopped being a lazyass long enough do the battery reset thing. Only reason i didnt want to do it is cause i didnt wanna hard reset and have to redo everything. I discovered Sprite tho and i would def recommend it. Worked flawlessly. Anyway...im gettin much better battery life now :D Rom is great!! heres a pic of the customizations i did, You'll notice its pretty much the same as the pic i put in the Today screens thread a few days ago except now its on your rom and its much smoother :D Running XXXRootRom btw.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32...k/Screen02.png

iknowsquat 03-14-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flak (Post 1629784)
2) sense no longer loads

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspenc3 (Post 1630013)
I had the same thing happen when I tried both XXXRootRom (a build from several weeks ago) and XXXCarbonRoot (the first one) ROMs. Both seemed to work fine, then after a few days (maybe even hours with CarbonRoot) Touchflo would start crashing and eventually the OS wouldn't even finish booting. The only thing to do was a hard reset. Even that didn't always work (though it always booted fine for the first few reboots after they were first installed). I am now on the last official Sprint build and it has been running fine for a over a week (aside from the usual WM issues). I also tried flash dancing and it didn't help. I really liked the rom otherwise!

Assuming it isnt a bad DL--For you fellers I'd recommend looking into SD card corruption. Random freezes with rootROM just ain't normal.
Yank your SD card and back it up. Reformat it. Put it back BLANK. Re-Dance. Run the ROM. How she do? If everything is good then add files back slowly to ensure you dont but a bad file back on. Time consuming? A bit...but that's the way to ensure you have a clean card.

Quote:

Originally Posted by syntheticexctasy (Post 1630075)
I've been running the titanium variant for a couple weeks now. Very impressed with the interface and functionality, but annoyed with lockups and sluggish response. Tried reflashing, and a hard reset after reflash.

Edit: Don't mean to sound so crude, sorry lol. I think I may be a bit bias against 6.5.5 I guess. I haven't found a 6.5.5 rom I've liked yet if it makes you feel any better. If it mattered to begin with.

You said you've reflashed but have you gone to Stock and back? If not try that. If you have then I'd suggest the SD card option from above.

Good luck.

rootlinux 03-14-2010 06:40 PM

Working on Gsen issue right now.
Won't have time today to update all roms but I wanted to update Silver again so if Gsen fix works I will be updating it first.

iknowsquat 03-14-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 1630145)
Working on Gsen issue right now.
Won't have time today to update all roms but I wanted to update Silver again so if Gsen fix works I will be updating it first.

Tsk, tsk [-X

You've spoiled us Bro. We now expect you will update ALL ROM's ALL the time and even throw a new variant up with the updates so cancel your plans and strap that Chef's apron back on!

:grin: