PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 06:00 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

@Vancer sorry to hear about your data trouble, I haven't seen any of those issues but it looks like u have it narrowed down to that particular app.

@sprintevo & @PropagandaX the netflix issue is w/ GB ROMs running Sense... apparently it's working on aosp but not Sense...in time there should be a fix

@dottat & @billyapd21 I just tested the 3.0 lockscreen & sure enough it didn't stick on reboot.....I'll have to do some testing....I installed the apk as I had instructed, but I'll test using adb & root explorer
Old 05-25-2011, 06:30 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

to all u flashaholics out there.....there are several Evo Shift ports out there now....Misfits, amaikam, Leoisright, Tmartin

if any of u test any of these roms, let me know your results (if different than mine).

I'm still looking for a working odex version of 3.0 lockscreen...
Old 05-25-2011, 06:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

sprintevo is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hi ,
I am running OMJ's EVO 2.3.3 GingerBread w/ Sense 2.1 v1.3. I am having trouble with google calender sync to my phone. I never had this problem with any other ROM including OMJ previous ROMs( even OMJ EVO 2.3.3 pre 5.0 ROM). Does anyone have the same issue.?I dont even see my google calender listed under the calenders options for me to add and sync. Please help.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

Ryno_666 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Great Rom as always but the messages icon is not centered it seems to high?
Old 05-25-2011, 11:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Exclamation Problem with Voice Search

Anyone having an issue with Voice Search?

It might be common to roms based on the leaked rom. It happens with this rom as well as with fresh.

When using Voice Search the mic hardly picks up my voice, when it does, it's result always starts with "cg"..

Anyone else confirm?

-CC
Old 05-25-2011, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

dottat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
to all u flashaholics out there.....there are several Evo Shift ports out there now....Misfits, amaikam, Leoisright, Tmartin

if any of u test any of these roms, let me know your results (if different than mine).

I'm still looking for a working odex version of 3.0 lockscreen...
I used misfits rc1. I was able to use their updated sense zip to flash the lockscreen. I tried with this and it bootlooped
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

ockavano is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/26/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
It won't work. Says, "Your account does not include Mobile Hotspot service. Please contact Sprint to enroll in a plan for this service. You can still use the Hotspot app to create a local network."

The green wireless tether app works flawlessly.
Yep, I can't get either of them working either. Thanks, I will uninstall and put the green one back on mine. But mine is old, does the newer versions make it faster? Netflix is hit or miss on the blurry-ness. Is it the service (Sprint) or the phone?
Old 05-25-2011, 02:35 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintevo View Post
Hi ,
I am running OMJ's EVO 2.3.3 GingerBread w/ Sense 2.1 v1.3. I am having trouble with google calender sync to my phone. I never had this problem with any other ROM including OMJ previous ROMs( even OMJ EVO 2.3.3 pre 5.0 ROM). Does anyone have the same issue.?I dont even see my google calender listed under the calenders options for me to add and sync. Please help.
I use the HTC calender, but I checked Google Calender, all my appointments in google are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno_666 View Post
Great Rom as always but the messages icon is not centered it seems to high?
I usually restore my saved HTC home fairly quickly, so I don't recall the messages icon looking off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Anyone having an issue with Voice Search?

It might be common to roms based on the leaked rom. It happens with this rom as well as with fresh.

When using Voice Search the mic hardly picks up my voice, when it does, it's result always starts with "cg"..

Anyone else confirm?

-CC
I just tested, seemed to work fine, though I had to move to a quieter area, my desk has alot of background noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
I used misfits rc1. I was able to use their updated sense zip to flash the lockscreen. I tried with this and it bootlooped
thx...I see he has a v1.0 now.....maybe I'll check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ockavano View Post
Yep, I can't get either of them working either. Thanks, I will uninstall and put the green one back on mine. But mine is old, does the newer versions make it faster? Netflix is hit or miss on the blurry-ness. Is it the service (Sprint) or the phone?
I typically dont see much difference in the different version of wifi tether

I haven't tested netflix, but most ppl say it's not working on a GB Sense rom
Old 05-25-2011, 02:52 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

I'm getting the "Low on space" error.
I've read all I have to do is partition my SD card. I guess I need to know if any of your ROMs supports EXT4 ?
And if the steps on post 2 here [Script][A2SD]Darktremor 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 [HeroCDMA] (01/29/2011) - xda-developers are still accurate. Has everyone else already done this and/or is this recommended? Should I make any adjustments to those steps or that looks good to go?
Old 05-25-2011, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

EvoZone Misfit

I have been home for a couple weeks out of work and have flashed about 6 ROMS in the last couple weeks to see what was out there. I was on OMJ 4.5 for the longest time and needed to see some GB. EvoZone Misfit was the most stable I ran across. Too many had stability issues and didnt like the hiccups. I was on EvoZone until u released yours. Other than the lockscreen disappearing when I reboot, all is well.

One issue I did have while reflashing back to 2.3.3 GB (OMJ)was a force close on Setup. I did a Culkin format all and it didnt correct it, so I had to go in Am Ra to wipe everything separably. Couple times I also ran into a FC of the market and had to reflash again (2.3.3 OMJ). Handcent wont flash an indicator, but I have fouond that to be true for all the GB ROMS. Text alerts come through on stock, but not HC.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development