PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   [ ROM ] EViO Series v1.02 [ 379MB Free l FPS Unlocked l OC l 270 l Sense Removable ] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129741)

Calkulin 07-27-2010 10:01 AM

Re: [ ROM ] EViO Series v1.0 [ 379MB Free l FPS Unlocked l OC l 270 l Sense Removable

Quote:

Originally Posted by reigndropz (Post 1885098)
I have also experienced a dramatic increase in battery usage. When you say you went back to the C kernel, were you referring to the stock kernel?

Besides overclocking and the phone running faster than ever, are there any other great advantages to adding a new kernel?

He was referring to the 3.7.3c kernel but look at Netarchy's thread for the change log to get a idea of what he changed

reigndropz 07-27-2010 10:04 AM

Re: [ ROM ] EViO Series v1.0 [ 379MB Free l FPS Unlocked l OC l 270 l Sense Removable

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calkulin (Post 1885146)
He was referring to the 3.7.3c kernel but look at Netarchy's thread for the change log to get a idea of what he changed

Ok great thanks Calk. This is all uncharted territory for me, so I'm learning little by little. Definitely looking forward to it though

Also, has anyone noticed a more than normal lag when trying to open a page through the browser? Mine is really going slow and I think it has something to do with the network settings.

mshnayde 07-27-2010 10:41 AM

Does anyone have the stock .apk for the keyboard I still like that one the most.
Thanks.

rose1 07-27-2010 11:14 AM

Does anyone know if Draft N is enabled by default on this rom with the new 3.7.3 kernel? My phone seems to lock up when I run "calkulins enable draftN.zip"

lnchbx13 07-27-2010 11:52 AM

Hey Calkulin,

Any idea where I can find com.htc.resources.apk so I can delete sym_gpsone_3_sprint.png ? I read here that is what I need to do so I can get rid of the GPS off icon that shows up. I do like the one you put up there better than the stock one, but I would rather it not show up unless I am actively using the GPS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: Would it be a different procedure on your rom since you have upgraded to better notification icons? I just thought of that and maybe that's why I can't find the com.htc.resources.apk file (not that I would exactly know how to delete the picture from it anyways...haha).

rose1 07-27-2010 03:30 PM

My facebook contacts pictures are not syncing. Also, what happened to HTC News and the News widget? It's not in the removed apps folder.

jfelhofer 07-27-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose1 (Post 1885659)
My facebook contacts pictures are not syncing. Also, what happened to HTC News and the News widget? It's not in the removed apps folder.

I think the facebook not syncing is their servers and the htc news reader is in the removed folder i dont know about the widget

Brock1909 07-27-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnchbx13 (Post 1885308)
Hey Calkulin,

Any idea where I can find com.htc.resources.apk so I can delete sym_gpsone_3_sprint.png ? I read here that is what I need to do so I can get rid of the GPS off icon that shows up. I do like the one you put up there better than the stock one, but I would rather it not show up unless I am actively using the GPS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: Would it be a different procedure on your rom since you have upgraded to better notification icons? I just thought of that and maybe that's why I can't find the com.htc.resources.apk file (not that I would exactly know how to delete the picture from it anyways...haha).

its in the framework folder i would assume.

Calkulin 07-27-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnchbx13 (Post 1885308)
Hey Calkulin,

Thanks.

I actually forgot to do that include that mod in the original release of the ROM, so I was going to include it on the next update but if you want it now, here it is

Remove GPS icon

lnchbx13 07-27-2010 04:16 PM

Thanks for the fix, this rom is fast and smooth!