PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   [ROM]AospEvoSense-Sense 1.2 with JIT by tjohnsonjr (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126883)

MrDSL 06-27-2010 07:34 PM

[ROM]AospEvoSense-Sense 1.2 with JIT by tjohnsonjr

This isn't my ROM its a by tjohnsonjr over at XDA. I looked and it doesn't appear he is registered here. He is doing some amazing work with 2.1 and I wanted to share it and give my opinion on it.

Its really the best I have seen so far with 2.1 and some of you will be glad to know you can choose between using the htc conatcts/dialer/messaging or the aosp style and obviously sense ui. This is really where it stands out. I don't have any force closes and I try and turn off as much sense and use as much aosp stuff as I can.

You can even enable JIT with sense and the sense lockbar. Everything as far as I can tell works out of the box. That includes the camera. Now if you would like to run the hack to fix the 30fps that also works fine with this build and I find it pretty smooth and stable so far(note that will break the camera).

You'll want to NAND backup then wiper everything and flash. I would suggest when first booting skipping over all the beginning stuff with syncing gamil etc. Just skip through it all first round and set that stuff up later.

AospEvoSense-Sense 1.2 with JIT by tjohnsonjr Thread/Download/Support

If you want to try the 30fps fix then go here (this will break camera)

you don't need to enable JIT or the 30fps hack to enjoy this ROM. Check it out..

AND REMEMBER DO NOT SETUP YOUR ACCOUNTS DURING THE SETUP PROCESS. JUST NEXT THROUGH IT.

Riley 06-27-2010 08:07 PM

Re: [ROM]AospEvoSense-Sense with JIT by tjohnsonjr

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDSL (Post 1840461)
This isn't my ROM its a by tjohnsonjr over at XDA. I looked and it doesn't appear he is registered here. He is doing some amazing work with 2.1 and I wanted to share it and give my opinion on it.

Its really the best I have seen so far with 2.1 and some of you will be glad to know you can choose between using the htc conatcts/dialer/messaging or the aosp style and obviously sense ui. This is really where it stands out. I don't have any force closes and I try and turn off as much sense and use as much aosp stuff as I can.

You can even enable JIT with sense and the sense lockbar. Everything as far as I can tell works out of the box. That includes the camera. Now if you would like to run the hack to fix the 30fps that also works fine with this build and I find it pretty smooth and stable so far(note that will break the camera).

You'll want to NAND backup then wiper everything and flash. I would suggest when first booting skipping over all the beginning stuff with syncing gamil etc. Just skip through it all first round and set that stuff up later.

AospEvoSense-Sense with JIT by tjohnsonjr Thread/Download/Support

you don't need to enable JIT or the 30fps hack to enjoy this ROM. Check it out..

AND REMEMBER DO NOT SETUP YOUR ACCOUNTS DURING THE SETUP PROCESS. JUST NEXT THROUGH IT.

Thanks for the info MrDSL. I was just looking at that rom over at xda. May try that tonight! How do you enable aosp or JIT? secondly what the heck is that stuff. LOL edit: sorry just read about how to enable, just unclear what these things are. thanks.

arcadia2uk 06-27-2010 10:12 PM

AOSP - Android Open Source Project
JIT - a way of compiling the data on the go (bytecode into native machine code), allowing it to pass 3 times faster giving speed, richer graphics and better battery life.

Riley 06-27-2010 10:42 PM

nice rom. very clean to start out which is nice if you want to start from scratch. I set up work email but it only syncs the contacts and email, not the calendar. Not sure if there is another step but wanted to throw that out there.

tjohnsonjr 06-29-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDSL (Post 1840461)

AospEvoSense-Sense with JIT by tjohnsonjr Thread/Download/Support

Thank you very much Mr DSL!!! Thank you for sharing this

tjohnsonjr 06-29-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileyd5 (Post 1840740)
nice rom. very clean to start out which is nice if you want to start from scratch. I set up work email but it only syncs the contacts and email, not the calendar. Not sure if there is another step but wanted to throw that out there.

I have the CorpCal.apk that you can use to to sync your calendar. Ill PM me at XDA and ill send it you.

MrDSL 07-03-2010 09:03 AM

ROM updated to 1.2 and now has a flashable JIT enabler! Check it out :)

jpucillo74 07-03-2010 09:50 AM

Re: [ROM]AospEvoSense-Sense 1.2 with JIT by tjohnsonjr

I flashed this ROM (not the updated) last night and I really liked the speed with jit enabled. I also liked the ASOP messaging program and the stock/bare bones look to it. I eventually had to uninstall it because I was experiencing a FC on Sense every 5 minutes. I wiped the phone twice before installation and actually reflashed it twice and experienced the same thing and yes I did wipe the Dalvik cache. Anyone else experiencing this? Do you guys know if the update addressed this issue (if anyone else was having it)? Thanks

MrDSL 07-03-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpucillo74 (Post 1850086)
I flashed this ROM (not the updated) last night and I really liked the speed with jit enabled. I also liked the ASOP messaging program and the stock/bare bones look to it. I eventually had to uninstall it because I was experiencing a FC on Sense every 5 minutes. I wiped the phone twice before installation and actually reflashed it twice and experienced the same thing and yes I did wipe the Dalvik cache. Anyone else experiencing this? Do you guys know if the update addressed this issue (if anyone else was having it)? Thanks

What exactly was force closing? What program? Do you like sense that much? I always drop sense for launcher pro..have you tried that? its rather amazing..

mark.wayne 07-03-2010 12:45 PM

I've really been wanting to try this out, but for some reason 4shared just does not cooperate with my work computer- even tried downloading it straight from my phone's browser without luck. Did he ever get around to setting up a mirror or something that I can try to use to snag this?