PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/12/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by reekotubbs View Post
Since you are the OP of this topic, If I do this OMJ 1st Rom will I have the PRI Version 1.40_003?
I'm not OMJ but since he's offline atm I can tell you that I flashed ROM 1 and my PRI is 1.34_003 (same as rileyd5 said earlier)

@OMJ-Tried v1.7 deodex'd Bro and it was a no go.
File size is 147MB (148 on the device) so I assume it fully downloaded but I'll re DL and try again.

I just installed without wiping (it felt so wrong) and the ROM loaded just fine but whenever I touched a text input panel I got the SIP FC (process com.htc.android.htcime)

So I wiped and reloaded but stuck in a bootloop.
I then wiped again, and got stuck in the bootloop, again.

I'm going to re download and give her another go.

@ALL-just thought I would mention that apparently deodex'd ROMs can have a longer boot time so if it seems long dont worry it should load. That's what happened on my first attempt that ended with the SIP FC's.
My second and third attempts were actual boot loops.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-15-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: metropcs

reekotubbs is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I'm not OMJ but since he's offline atm I can tell you that I flashed ROM 1 and my PRI is 1.34_003 (same as rileyd5 said earlier)
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was referring to the OP, that's why I quoted him.

But thanks for letting me know that you have PRI 1.34_003. Do you know if there is a way to get back to PRI 1.40_003.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JonnyOctagon is just getting started
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/15/10*

I'm trying to flash ROM 1... I have copied to it the SD card and reboot into bootloader. It scans the PC36IMG.zip file... Then says checking PC36IMG.zip for a bit.... Then nothing happens... It just goes back to the bootloader main screen.

The same thing happens when I try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715915

Please help!!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was referring to the OP, that's why I quoted him.

But thanks for letting me know that you have PRI 1.34_003. Do you know if there is a way to get back to PRI 1.40_003.
No confusion (which is why I said I'm not OMJ )
I was posting anyway and thought you may find it helpful if I confirmed what rileyd5 told you earlier. I'm sure OMJ will weigh in on the PRI. But sinced you asked...
No, I dont know how to change your PRI. I have seen postings from devs that it is not something to mess with (sorry not more specific) I also know that messing with the PRI in WinMo (Sprint TP) broke a lot of users phones and they needed to go to Sprint to reset their profiles.
I saw your post on XDA. What ROM/radio are you on? Have you tried running a Stock RUU to get back to the .1 software? I have experience in this and from what I can tell once you are on the OTA 1.47 software going back to older software is at least difficult if not impossile.
To fix your 3G issues have you updated your PRL and your profile?

@ OMJ-sorry to say Bro my second DL of the 1.7 deodex'd ended in boot loops as well
After the last one I restored my Nand of ROM1. Then wiped and flashed the 2nd DL of the deodex'd ROM. Boot Loop City
I'm chillin with my restored Nand of ROM1 awaiting your guidance Sir.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyOctagon View Post
I'm trying to flash ROM 1... I have copied to it the SD card and reboot into bootloader. It scans the PC36IMG.zip file... Then says checking PC36IMG.zip for a bit.... Then nothing happens... It just goes back to the bootloader main screen.

The same thing happens when I try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715915

Please help!!
I'll bet my lunch money you're not nand unlocked. Boot into boot loader and tell us your verison # .79 means you are only partially rooted and need to do Toast Part II to unlock your nand.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:55 PM
N00b

Yes... 0.79.0000... Will do toast part II now and see if it works... Thanks
Old 07-15-2010, 10:13 PM
N00b

In this step:

- go into shell on ur pc and do:
Code:
adb shell
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img

How do I "go into shell"? Is that referring to the windows command shell?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:13 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Since you are the OP of this topic, If I do this OMJ 1st Rom will I have the PRI Version 1.40_003?
most likely no....it seems to be the consensus that custom roms will result in a 1.34_003 PRI...not sure why

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
@ OMJ-sorry to say Bro my second DL of the 1.7 deodex'd ended in boot loops as well
After the last one I restored my Nand of ROM1. Then wiped and flashed the 2nd DL of the deodex'd ROM. Boot Loop City
I'm chillin with my restored Nand of ROM1 awaiting your guidance Sir.
hmm, guess I didnt test long enough....there is an updated kitchen w/ a fix for deodexing....I'll cook another & upload in the am
Old 07-15-2010, 10:16 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyOctagon View Post
In this step:

- go into shell on ur pc and do:
Code:
adb shell
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img

How do I "go into shell"? Is that referring to the windows command shell?
yes, adb shell from windows command shell

see my post #2 for steps to use adb

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...06&postcount=2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: sprint

gottabajs is a n00b

sorry for asking...but i've tried loading the PC36img.zip file... it goes through the reading and everything... but i dont get the part where it ask me to update (my pressing up on the volume) and idea of whats going on...? sorry im new to all this

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development