PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   restoring diamond theme help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59533)

gangmobb 02-28-2009 08:33 PM

restoring diamond theme help

hey guys i am running mightys 4.5 rom and i had a zip file of probex's theme and i installed it. to install it i had to install resco file explorer and then copy the files inside the zip and then pasted them into the windows file, i was asked to overwrite manila filesand i kept sayn yes and DONE i got the new probex theme but now i would lik to know how to get mightys default theme, lik da all black one without havin to reflash his ROM... if anyone can help thanks! if anyone wants the theme its so sick jus tell me how to attach it nd ill gladly do it. ;)

Konfuzion 02-28-2009 08:41 PM

Re: restoring diamond theme help

Unless you backed up the files before you over wrote them you are probably SOL unless you do a hard reset, but good news Mighty should be releasing 4.6 any day now and that will be reason enough to hard reset :D

gangmobb 02-28-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konfuzion (Post 745139)
Unless you backed up the files before you over wrote them you are probably SOL unless you do a hard reset, but good news Mighty should be releasing 4.6 any day now and that will be reason enough to hard reset :D

to back it up could i use PIM Backup or does that only work for lik contact, messages, email, nd things lik that? if thats true wat kind of backup program can i use?

Unknownforce 02-28-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gangmobb (Post 745162)
to back it up could i use PIM Backup or does that only work for lik contact, messages, email, nd things lik that? if thats true wat kind of backup program can i use?

PIM backup only does contacts, emails, call logs, messages, appointments, calendar entries, etc.

To back it up, simply copy it to a backup folder before you replace it.

gangmobb 02-28-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownforce (Post 745183)
PIM backup only does contacts, emails, call logs, messages, appointments, calendar entries, etc.

To back it up, simply copy it to a backup folder before you replace it.

but lik wat would i copy?.. da whole windows folder?! WHY AM I SUCH A NOOB](*,) LOL thanks for da help

Konfuzion 02-28-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gangmobb (Post 745199)
but lik wat would i copy?.. da whole windows folder?! WHY AM I SUCH A NOOB](*,) LOL thanks for da help

You look at the files in the zip folder your going to copy over and you find those files on your phone and make a backup of them.

infection0 02-28-2009 09:38 PM

PIM is only for personal information, not actual files. Most full backup suites (SPB, Sprite) are not free. You can ask someone with Mighty 4.5 to zip up their .manila files for you so you can copy them back over. Sorry I am not that guy.

gangmobb 02-28-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infection0 (Post 745234)
PIM is only for personal information, not actual files. Most full backup suites (SPB, Sprite) are not free. You can ask someone with Mighty 4.5 to zip up their .manila files for you so you can copy them back over. Sorry I am not that guy.

ha ha yu meanie lol but its cool cuz da theme is sick but am debatin wether to flash to juicys rom or wait for mightys new release..

gangmobb 02-28-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konfuzion (Post 745208)
You look at the files in the zip folder your going to copy over and you find those files on your phone and make a backup of them.

but yu dont kno which its goin to be writen over till yu paste nd it says overwrite blahblah file nd yea lol nd all da files are named lik manilla.######## nd yea

Konfuzion 02-28-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gangmobb (Post 745245)
but yu dont kno which its goin to be writen over till yu paste nd it says overwrite blahblah file nd yea lol nd all da files are named lik manilla.######## nd yea

You can unzip the files on your computer and from there you can see all the manila files. Then using a program like Total Commander you could back all the manila files up and then copy the new ones over.