PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Test Only Not For Sale (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56080)

Henri Blanche 02-03-2009 01:41 AM

Test Only Not For Sale

Greetings All!

Apparently during my flashing of ROM's I've added the message "Test Only Not For Sale" in a fancy red scripted font while booting up my Diamond. They show up at the same time as the words "HTC Diamond" appear on the screen.

I Googled around and have tried a couple of odds and ends but I haven't found much of anything that is Diamond-specific. A couple of the suggestions have scared me.

What's my easiest and/or best solution to remove this message? Just flashing new ROM's doesn't help.

Cheers, Henri

mixxy 02-03-2009 01:44 AM

Re: Test Only Not For Sale

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri Blanche (Post 685880)
Greetings All!

Apparently during my flashing of ROM's I've added the message "Test Only Not For Sale" in a fancy red scripted font while booting up my Diamond. They show up at the same time as the words "HTC Diamond" appear on the screen.

I Googled around and have tried a couple of odds and ends but I haven't found much of anything that is Diamond-specific. A couple of the suggestions have scared me.

What's my easiest and/or best solution to remove this message? Just flashing new ROM's doesn't help.

Cheers, Henri

hey henri, you must change your "boot screen" or "splash", try searching for those terms and do a little bit of reading, and you'll b absoloutely fine and will have the knowledge on how to get it out. Let me know how it works out. Goodluck

rstoyguy 02-03-2009 01:45 AM

1. Visit this thread...
*Leaked* Sprint Diamond ROM v2.00.651.1 CE OS 5.2.20764

2. Download the link in the first post after...
Here is the original stock Bootsplash's to flash to get rid of "test"...

3. Extract and flash the small nbh file.

4. Pound old_man_jenkins Thanks button to show you appreciate his work!!!

stevedog1 02-03-2009 01:58 AM

Flashing the new boot image will hard reset your phone as well. So backup your info.

Henri Blanche 02-03-2009 02:20 AM

Thanks everyone!

This was not the first time that my failure to search for an answer was due to my lack of knowing what words or terms to look for.

That said, I only found the actual words (see title) in only one unhelpful thread in all of PPCGeeks. Even the OMJ post only refers to the issue as "test". I did find a lot more at our friends over at xda-developers but they were usually talking about phones other than the Diamond.

Fortunately I was paranoid and backed up everything hours ago because I didn't read the post warning me about the hard reset until after-the-fact.

Everything seems cool now.

Cheers, Henri

ratman24 02-03-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri Blanche (Post 685880)
Greetings All!

Cheers, Henri

flash to the original stock rom and it will be removed:-({|=

watzone69 02-03-2009 09:06 AM

There are at least 2 more boot screen options that I know of, other than flashing to stock.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

Scroll down until you see "Upgrade your splash:"

There's a really cool boot screen made by CMONEX and also a very nice minimalistic one by Tobeychris.

Personally, I kind of like the "test" screen!

rstoyguy 02-03-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratman24 (Post 685941)
flash to the original stock rom and it will be removed:-({|=

But then you will lose the new radio... :thumbleft:

Trident 02-03-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 686131)
But then you will lose the new radio... :thumbleft:

But the new radio can be flashed at any time- no Hard reset required.
:laughing3:

Or maybe you were just kidding???

stevedog1 02-03-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 686255)
But the new radio can be flashed at any time- no Hard reset required.
:laughing3:

Or maybe you were just kidding???

True. But no point in flashing the radio again if you don't have to. Just flash to the new boot screen, and your done! :thumbleft: