PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mts Rom

Me and conflipper are working on it, im time crunched today, but I am sure he can get it done
Old 12-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

ill be looking into it too. the dump may be damaged. as con cannot get it to build correctly.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 12-15-2008, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynopeg View Post
Being new to this custom rom stuff,I still am not sure of a few things, try and bare with me.
What I wanted was a stock MTS rom so I could flash back to stock, just in case. I'm wondering now if I screwed that up since I used the Diamond Unlocker before I dumped rom. Was that a mistake? If it was, will the Relocker put it back to the way it was?
These are probably dumb questions to the to the knowledgable people on the forum, but I'm learning!
Another question, is bootloader the same as slp or hardslp, I'm not quite sure on that.What I think I understand is that every carrier specific rom has its own slp, and hardslp allows you to flash any rom and stays on device. Slp's and hardslp's stored or part of bootloader?
As you can see, I don't fully understand how it all really works. I have read through many threads, but none seem to bring the whole thing togeather for me. Eager to learn though.

Thanks for all help...............Dyno
I'm in the same situation. I have not done anything to my ROM yet so if needed I can dump mine. I want to make sure I understand this stuff before I start.

When did this get so different, computers always came easy to me but I guess phone's are a different story.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dynopeg is a n00b

Was just reading over the tutorial on unlocking relocking and flashing. I ran the unlocker on my Diamond a week or so ago. I thought I would check to see what my bootloader screen said, I got this. what the heck is that?

Dyno
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4350.JPG (131.8 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dynopeg is a n00b

Quote:
Was just reading over the tutorial on unlocking relocking and flashing. I ran the unlocker on my Diamond a week or so ago. I thought I would check to see what my bootloader screen said, I got this. what the heck is that?

Dyno
Can anyone with a locked untouched MTS Diamond post a shot of their bootloader screen, just to see what it says.
Trying to muddle my way through this stuff to understand whats going on and trying to get a stock rom we can flash back to.
Any MTS Diamond users out there?

Cheers.......Dyno
Old 12-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:

Dyno
that appears to be a locked SPL

thats the same version as the Bell SPL, its newer then the unlocked spl and not as new as the Telus diamonds new SPL (.62)

If its unlcokedi t should say 0.57 CMONEX
Old 12-16-2008, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
that appears to be a locked SPL

thats the same version as the Bell SPL, its newer then the unlocked spl and not as new as the Telus diamonds new SPL (.62)

If its unlcokedi t should say 0.57 CMONEX
K, what does that mean?
Old 12-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dynopeg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarns View Post
K, what does that mean?
I guess that means that I had not unlocked my phone as I thought and that it is still in an untouched state?
One more piece of the puzzle on quest for stock ROM

Dyno
Old 12-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dynopeg is a n00b

Well, looks like for now, getting a original MTS rom to flash back to in case we have to take in for warranty is not going to happen.
Will keep watching in hopes one appears or someone has some more ideas.Would like to try some custom roms , but too chicken to try unless I have backup to flash back to.
Thanks to all who tried and made suggestions!..............Dyno
Old 12-17-2008, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

littlerichie29 is just getting started

Well i get a new diamond today, because mine overheated last night. literally was hot to the touch. So when i get it, i will do a clean rom dump, and post here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development