PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Find ESN After Sprint to Alltel Switch (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47385)

bond00 12-02-2008 11:59 AM

Find ESN After Sprint to Alltel Switch

This can't be hard...in fact I think its so easy most people have overlooked it assuming everyone knows how to do it. I've followed the instructions from several posts to unlock my Touch Diamond, obtain the MSL, replace with 000000s, and flash with stock Alltel ROM. I'm ready to activate the phone on Alltel's network...I think, but how do I know the ESN now that I've modified? I need the ESN to activate the phone, but the ESN behind the battery is the Sprint ESN, which of course is not acceptable by Alltel. How do I find the new ESN?

Also thank you to everyone on this forum. I was able to find everything up to this point. Thanks so much for your help!

bond00 12-02-2008 12:38 PM

Re: Find ESN After Sprint to Alltel Switch

So I found the ESN by entering ##000000 and then pressing Enter (middle button), but the Alltel website still won't take the ESN or MEID. When I enter the ESN, it says it is invalid and when I enter the MEID, it says it is used with another wireless carrier. Am I missing something? I know I reset the MSL to 000000...is there something else I need to do to change the ESN as well? Anyone?

tobeychris 12-02-2008 01:02 PM

Your ESN didn't change.... If it did, you shouldn't be talking about it here, but it probably didn't change.

bond00 12-02-2008 01:11 PM

OK...so what do I give the Alltel rep to activate my phone? I gave the Alltel rep the ESN from ##000000 and she said the ESN is active on another account. I'm kinda lost at this point.

Tenny 12-02-2008 05:42 PM

Well first off ESN swapping is illegal. Mods, if I say too much please let me know. I realize he's probably not trying to do this as an illegal method, just trying to get his phone working on alltel... still illegal but not as bad imo...

Where is the alltel ESN from? Did you use it from your own phone already on alltel? (If so then turn off the old one, and it should already work fine..) If it was randomly generated from whatever then you need to change it to a different one.

All in all, the best method is just to get Alltel to pick up the Sprint ESN. Sometimes it's hard to get them to do it, but if they have any independent retailer, those are typically those that will do it, sometimes for a $20-50 "activation" fee.

Mr. X 12-02-2008 05:59 PM

your ESN didnt change it was your MSL. and yes alltel requires it to be 000000 for OTA programing

dcperdue 12-03-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 555554)
your ESN didnt change it was your MSL. and yes alltel requires it to be 000000 for OTA programing

Just some advice if you use an esn off another alltell phone and clone it to your diamond they might be able to know that the radio id is not the correct one for the diamond.

allready went through this when trying to use a stolen diamond on cricket. I cloned the esn with a real cricket esn from a moto razor. And I still got cought. Now I was told by an attorney that if you own both phones that it is not illeagle. There is 20 pages dedicated on esn cloning under the digital mil copywrite act. You people should read it. BTW the guy is was steeling and doing fraud insurance claims is behind bars and im supposed to be getting the diamond returned to me. Of course it does no good as I allready bought one directly from best buy.

The point of this story is carriers are aware of people using esns off cheap pos phones they sell and using them on another carriers nice phones they allready have. They do look at radio id's now. So belive me and belive the defense attorney's expert witness from VERIZON! when he sayes they can spot the radio id of a diamond with a cloned esn from a razor as the razor has a completely radio id then that of a diamond. My attorney asked this question directly as proof of how they were able to track me down as the thought i was mixed up with this other guy and force me to be a cooperating witness **** all i did was buy a damn phone off craigs list. Of course in the end it came down to the laws and interpeting of the digital mil copywrite act pertaining to cell phone cloning that made them unable to do anything to me.

Oh and let me add they were going to try to nail me with receiving stolen property but because I was nice and gave them all the information on how the guy was posting the adds and then meeting people ect ect they dropped even that charge.

bencurry 12-03-2008 12:32 PM

I had a issue like this when I tried to activate my phone. They never told me that my ESN was stolen, just that it wasn't working I checked the Box for the phone and it had the long ESN#. It was A10000XXXXXX. I then called and read them off just the numbers after the zeros. They said it was active and there was no reason it wouldn't work. And of course it wouldn't work. I then called an Alltel Rep and she asked for the ESN, and I read off the whole ESN. She said she'd never heard of a ESN that had a "1" after the "A". She did that and it worked fine. I don't know if that will help or not.

bond00 12-04-2008 02:25 AM

Wow...interesting story. Thanks for the feedback guys....you were all right. No I didn't change my ESN and yes I gave the A1000000XXXXXXXX number to the Alltel rep and it worked. The first time it didn't work because the lady was a moron....the second time I talked to Customer Service and she acted a little funny about the ESN, but it worked after activation. So now I'm a happy Alltel Diamond user!!! Thanks for all the help!

dcperdue 12-04-2008 08:48 PM

Got my diamond back today so I figured with the hostory of it I would clone my esn from my working best buy diamond onto the one involved with fraud. Works just fine as long as both are not on at the same time. So I keep one in the car alwayes at full charge in case i forget my other one or its bat dies.

I even told cricket I was doing this and they dont care.

Cricket has come a long way fellas.

50 bucks a month gets you unlim calling, unlim text/picture mail, unlim 411 calls that are texted to you phone, unlim data with evdo and you can tether and you even get 300 roaming mins.

I dont know why you guys let sprint and verizon rape you every month.