PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock
Carrier: Sprint

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
this is what I think is going down. one last 6.1, 6.5 released simultaneously. pure speculation but what the heck!
Yeah, that's just what Mike needs!! He has enough trouble keeping us ROM-suckers happy with one release. Can you imagine how much fun he would have with us if he dropped two different releases simulateously?!?! LOL If he did that, then he would certainly earn his "Mighty" title!!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
Yeah, that's just what Mike needs!! He has enough trouble keeping us ROM-suckers happy with one release. Can you imagine how much fun he would have with us if he dropped two different releases simulateously?!?! LOL If he did that, then he would certainly earn his "Mighty" title!!
so true my friend, problem is he he a tpro release coming as well so 3 is company!!! maybe 4.9 will get the axe, truthfully, Mike could just rename 4.8... i wouldn't know the difference cause it's running just fine
Old 04-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

I've been playing around with 6.5 roms & Rhodium Roms for the past few weeks....nothing compares to this ROM. That's a fact.

I keep DIAMIMG.nbh (mighty 4.8 of course) in my internal storage, so after I'm done playing with a buggy rom, I can whip my phone back to it's mighty status.

I really like 6.5, and I'm sure we're only seeing the beginning of its capabilities (I HOPE!!)....

Good work, Mike......

Can't wait for the next installment!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

ehbob is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearoid View Post
So...I am in the same boat....my battery is about dead after 6 hours. Surely there is an easy explanation. I too have opera9.exe running automatically. Do you with good battery life also have this running?

I flashed back to Sprint stock ROM and all that jazz.

Can someone give a breakdown of what NEEDS to be running automatically, what might be but doesn't need to be.....and how to disable them permanently if they aren't in the \windows\startup folder?

Is there some other reason for those of us who have short battery life?

I did a hard reset yesterday and have installed nothing "custom" other than Lil Rico's blue pack....so I don't quite understand how my battery life could be so staggeringly different than others with 4.8

Like I said, I just went into Programs > Task Manager and closed opera9.exe. Since that was off, my battery life was tons better. Its been 9 hours and I'm at 60%, thats with email/15-20 texts/and 20-30 minutes of calls.

I've opened opera several times during the 9 hours and it closes when I 'x' out (meaning it doesn't stay on in task manager). Opera9.exe seems to run in the background when you boot up, so just close it/kill it and see if your results are similar...
Old 04-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehbob View Post
Like I said, I just went into Programs > Task Manager and closed opera9.exe. Since that was off, my battery life was tons better. Its been 9 hours and I'm at 60%, thats with email/15-20 texts/and 20-30 minutes of calls.

I've opened opera several times during the 9 hours and it closes when I 'x' out (meaning it doesn't stay on in task manager). Opera9.exe seems to run in the background when you boot up, so just close it/kill it and see if your results are similar...
that's strange. I just opened Opera, then opened the task manager and Opera9.exe was running. then I ran a through a couple websites, closed opera, then looked again in the task manager and opera9.exe is not there. This leads me to believe that Mike is using the opera real exit registry edits already. plus you can tell by the memory going down to previous levels that its closing properly.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her

the new opera mini works great on this rom it even is able to rotate to landscape with no issues at all like the older build and also to update 3 days no ringer problem after making them a wav. even changed ringers today to a new one and still no problem. idk if its really fixed but i havent had a problem and cant wait for the new build it looks awesome.

ps hey mike can we get a screenshot of the new tf3d if it changed at all? i know your rom is gonna be crazy fast and i love the 6.5 but i dont know if i like the touchflo set up more or not.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51180
get it here first post...
Old 04-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

ehbob is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
that's strange. I just opened Opera, then opened the task manager and Opera9.exe was running. then I ran a through a couple websites, closed opera, then looked again in the task manager and opera9.exe is not there. This leads me to believe that Mike is using the opera real exit registry edits already. plus you can tell by the memory going down to previous levels that its closing properly.
I just checked, opera9.exe starts up automatically when I boot in task manager. It will close only if I start up opera mobile then close out of it (or go to task manager after boot and kill the app). But if I never open opera mobile after I boot up the phone, then opera9.exe stays on perpetually as indicated in my task manager. While I do believe that Mike is using the real exit registry, opera seems to auto boot after a restart. And I think thats what was draining my battery. Does your opera9.exe not autostart when you boot?
Old 04-07-2009, 11:12 PM
randyist

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

ok. I had the first serious problem with 4.8 today.Phone started to lock up ..When I scrolled to the Programs Tab on TF3d, the shortcuts that normaly work are now WINDOWS Flag icons..like the blank ones..because they no longer point to a working program.

Shortly after I scrolled to the Programs Tab...The Phone HARD RESET....THis was posted a month ago...the same problem on a former Mighty Rom.. but It's probably the SYS.. it's gotta be.

Not a complaint. just a heads up. Mighty's ROMS are still, BY FAR, the best out there and nothing compares to the speed and stability.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Spearoid is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehbob View Post

Even with my skepticism about opera9.exe, it doesnt answer my actual questions that I posted. Mostly, how do I keep it from running automatically? Also, why would you and I have this issue with opera9.exe running on its own and all of these others not have it? It defies logic.

Surely the answer is out there.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond since juicy 2.5
Carrier: telus

czyzoman is a n00b
Talking Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

no ringer issues here ever but maybe thats because no one calls me, lmao just jokes
request for 4.9 d3d drivers please

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development