PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How To: Kitchens (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37805)

tobeychris 11-30-2008 06:00 PM

Re: How To: Kitchens

I'm not sure this has to do with the ROMs...

nttdemented 11-30-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catchacold (Post 551110)
OEM 3
Kitchen 5
SYS 20931 v5a - 11.19.08

TMobile users still cannot call me - I cannot txt either send/receive. I tried to re-download all the above packages. Now I will try to go back to OEM2, Kitchen 3 and SYS 20931 v3b - 11.13.08

When my roomate trys to txt me he gets "No system for messages" error on his phone -

This is a weird one - I have my phone battery out of the phone and my roomates phone rang and it was my number?????????????????? HUH?

Tinu ninu tinu ninu... You have 7 DAYS!!! :twisted:

SOHKis 11-30-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 551068)
So, one of the minor problems with this kitchen is that there is no way that I've found to save my selections. Is there a text file created somewhere?
Every time I restart BuildOS, I start from scratch.
I did get a nicely working ROM- no more blank spaces and I used the older TF3D so I no longer have the KB issue that I was trying to rid myself of.

I know I added Advanced Config and some other Diamond config tools. Hearts. (Tried Kevtris, but couldn't get that to be included.) Blue Flip clock [unsuccessful]. psShutXP. Inbox Menu Extensibility. Not sure if there was anything else.

At the time, I didn't have anything in SecondToday as I knew I wasn't keeping the ROM.
Now, I have RescoToday plugin, PI8.5 and PhoneWeaver.

are you using calku's carrier config file? i think i had a similar problem w/that OEM, just use the carrier config from the kitchen and see if it works.

tobeychris 11-30-2008 06:51 PM

I really wish people would stop trying to mix and match kitchens. Calcu's Kitchen is based off of this, but the changes that are made to not coincide with ours. You cannot just take ROM essential elements out of that one and drop them into this one. If you do that and you have a problem, it's up to you to fix it, or use the one's I've posted.

wondabwoy 11-30-2008 07:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone seen the attachment pic from the touchpro landscape mode/keyboard mode enabled on the diamond? I was able to get it working once messing with this GhettoFreeryder modular kitchen by accident, and did not know how I did it. If anyone knows what oem, or app in sys folder turns this on, or simply just knows what enables this, please let me know. Thx! P.S., of course I had flip it also installed at the same time, so when I turn my diamond to landscape this attached pic show up. Thx!

catchacold 11-30-2008 07:24 PM

All my issues ended up being a TMobile issue - haha

Thanks for the Kitchens!

nttdemented 11-30-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondabwoy (Post 551232)
Has anyone seen the attachment pic from the touchpro landscape mode/keyboard mode enabled on the diamond? I was able to get it working once messing with this GhettoFreeryder modular kitchen by accident, and did not know how I did it. If anyone knows what oem, or app in sys folder turns this on, or simply just knows what enables this, please let me know. Thx! P.S., of course I had flip it also installed at the same time, so when I turn my diamond to landscape this attached pic show up. Thx!

Make sure you've got the new OEM with the updated manila files as well. You got those? The only other thing I'd say is take a look at your flipit options make sure its enabled for manila.

fr4nk1yn 11-30-2008 09:08 PM

I agree with tobeychris.
Some of these issues, including a few of mine, aren't related to the kitchen itself but the changes or programs we're installing.

It takes a lot of "playing" to get a mixed and matched OEM running. I have bits from Calcu & PPCKitchen in mine now.

The only question is where to post once we run into the "strange" problems.
Start a new thread? Or post in the Kitchens thread?

wondabwoy 11-30-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nttdemented (Post 551366)
Make sure you've got the new OEM with the updated manila files as well. You got those? The only other thing I'd say is take a look at your flipit options make sure its enabled for manila.

ok, cool, I am using Calcu's rom wondering if his kitchen/rom is updated with this new oem. Thx again!

nttdemented 11-30-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondabwoy (Post 551543)
ok, cool, I am using Calcu's rom wondering if his kitchen/rom is updated with this new oem. Thx again!

Yes remember this thread is about the components of THIS kitchen. ;) Feel free to d/l the new OEM and try out the Manila files in it. You'll need a clock a manila style and the base manila. And for the moment I think this has to be cooked in. Dunno if Juggalo or Conflipper or anyone else has updated the manila files in their ROMs, in that case you'd only need FlipIT