PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

creamr_CA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/27/08] Juicy ROM 2.2 [CE OS 5.2.20755 | 16MB PP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghebbns View Post
I had this problem. Did a soft reset and then everything was fine.
I am having this problem but its not resolving itself, please help!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Lurker

creamr_CA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamr_CA View Post
I am having this problem but its not resolving itself, please help!
PS, I also did a hard reset...
Old 09-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Lurker

creamr_CA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxcivic4life View Post
Hey guys I really need some help!

I just installed Juicy's 2.2 Sprint ROM. I can not connect to ActiveSync. When I plug in my phone I get en error on my phone saying "Can not open connection '57600 Default' the connection is no longer valid or does not exist"

I am using Vista and WMDC

Can anyone help me?

Thx
Sorry, I'm a newbie.. this thread is the one i'd like to reply to.... I installed 2.2 and experienced the same problem. According to some posts that followed, a hard reset seemed to fix the problem. Not for me ...
Old 09-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Lurker

creamr_CA is a n00b

I realized the problem only seems to exhist when i disable the checkbox for "enable enhanced network functionality". However, I need to disable it for my phone to connect to WMDC (Vista 64). I have had no problem with the telus rom in connecting by disabling this check box.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Lurker

just2bad is a n00b

Hi, is there a reason why when I check to display RSS FEED on today's screen, when I leave and goes back to the today's screen the RSS FEDD is unchecked, everything I check get unchecked as asoon as I exit the today's screen setting screen
Old 09-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by just2bad View Post
Hi, is there a reason why when I check to display RSS FEED on today's screen, when I leave and goes back to the today's screen the RSS FEDD is unchecked, everything I check get unchecked as asoon as I exit the today's screen setting screen
you cannot use any other today plugins with the TF3D plugin running.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

I'm gonna hold off on the Juicy Sprint ROM until someone can confirm better (or at least comparable) battery life. It really is frustrating to not be able to make it through a day. Imo, it was never acceptable for a phone to REQUIRE a charge every night. I learned to accept it and it became routine to charge my phone over night.

But at this point, I have to charge it when I'm at my desk and in the car JUST to make it through the day. I'm honestly pretty disappointed in the Diamond. Imo, a huge deal breaker. It's amazing because they knew of the problem with the GSM version and they even added a bigger battery and it's STILL a problem.

I might return mine and just get a Touch. They are at least a little better at this point as far as making it through the day.

Grrrr.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
I'm gonna hold off on the Juicy Sprint ROM until someone can confirm better (or at least comparable) battery life. It really is frustrating to not be able to make it through a day. Imo, it was never acceptable for a phone to REQUIRE a charge every night. I learned to accept it and it became routine to charge my phone over night.

But at this point, I have to charge it when I'm at my desk and in the car JUST to make it through the day. I'm honestly pretty disappointed in the Diamond. Imo, a huge deal breaker. It's amazing because they knew of the problem with the GSM version and they even added a bigger battery and it's STILL a problem.

I might return mine and just get a Touch. They are at least a little better at this point as far as making it through the day.

Grrrr.
1) the battery issue may be due to sprints radio rom. Telus users are seeing better battery life now.

2) I charge my cell regardless if it needs it or not every day as i would like to start a day off with a full battery. for most users this is common practice. I can easily get about 12-16h out of my diamond using it as i usually would. this is not great but its about as good as it appears to get at this time.

3) Yes they did add a bigger battery, but again this is going back to the radio. its where the radio is connecting EVDO data connection, it eats the battery right up, and take into consideration that 1350mAh is still a rather small battery, in comparison to my treo at least which i could get about 1.5-2 days out of if needed.

4) understand there is only so far tweaking an os can go for better battery. its very much dependant on the device its power usage and the radio. the gsm users were lucky enough to get a radio rom that is amazing on battery. lucky them...

5) according to HTC's faq the telus diamond has comparable battery life to the touch. right from the horses mouth.

Last edited by Mr. X; 09-30-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

dpiantino is a n00b

I can confirm that the battery is much better, but there are things that you can do to help preserve battery life. If you have linked to rss feeds you should only update when you are connected to a power supply. I changed from having my email checked every 5 min to every hour. With normal texting, a few phone calls, email every hour, and an occasional 5 min on internet I can get close to 20 hrs. The less you connect to data, the better off you will be. data chews up the battery quick
Old 09-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiantino View Post
I can confirm that the battery is much better, but there are things that you can do to help preserve battery life. If you have linked to rss feeds you should only update when you are connected to a power supply. I changed from having my email checked every 5 min to every hour. With normal texting, a few phone calls, email every hour, and an occasional 5 min on internet I can get close to 20 hrs. The less you connect to data, the better off you will be. data chews up the battery quick
i couldn't agree more.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development