PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Alltel Touch Pro on Verizon? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53973)

rebelmuddlite 01-20-2009 05:02 AM

Alltel Touch Pro on Verizon?

i have 2 alltel touch pros
1 is currently activated
the other is not
i have a verizon line that isn't in use, i broke a moto maxx ve i had and never replaced the phone but still have the line and monthly bill so i would love to make use of the line that im already paying for by using the alltel touch pro on it, my problem here is i suspended the line when i broke the phone and i was wondering if i would have to put a verizon phone on the account to unsuspend it so that i can change all the settings and activate the touch pro or would me putting the phone number that is suspended into the phone and dialing *228 and activating it ota do the trick?

i would really like to make use of the line and i dont have another 500 dollars to shell out on a phone, this would really help if i can still put the touch pro on my line without having to buy another phone and activating it first just to get my line from being suspended.. too bad verizon doesn't have the online feature of changing ur phones using the esn like alltel, that'd be sweet

anyway, any help on this would be greatly appreciated

- if any mods feel this thread is in the wrong area, please move it to appropriate area -

helix139 01-20-2009 11:44 AM

Re: Alltel Touch Pro on Verizon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelmuddlite (Post 653258)
i have 2 alltel touch pros
1 is currently activated
the other is not
i have a verizon line that isn't in use, i broke a moto maxx ve i had and never replaced the phone but still have the line and monthly bill so i would love to make use of the line that im already paying for by using the alltel touch pro on it, my problem here is i suspended the line when i broke the phone and i was wondering if i would have to put a verizon phone on the account to unsuspend it so that i can change all the settings and activate the touch pro or would me putting the phone number that is suspended into the phone and dialing *228 and activating it ota do the trick?

i would really like to make use of the line and i dont have another 500 dollars to shell out on a phone, this would really help if i can still put the touch pro on my line without having to buy another phone and activating it first just to get my line from being suspended.. too bad verizon doesn't have the online feature of changing ur phones using the esn like alltel, that'd be sweet

anyway, any help on this would be greatly appreciated

- if any mods feel this thread is in the wrong area, please move it to appropriate area -

Get a really cheap phone on ebay. You won't have to shell out $500.

Oh, and Verizon does let you change ESNs online, it just won't work with phones not in their database.

AstainHellbring 01-20-2009 12:04 PM

I would guess you can easily unsuspend the line at any time and then if you follow the basic sprint touch pro to verizon guide on here you can get that alltel one all setup

rebelmuddlite 01-21-2009 01:33 AM

i would just easily unsuspend the line, but the problem is, to unsuspend a line, you have to have a phone to put on the line. or at least this is what a rep told me but of course you can't always believe what a local rep says, they were probably just trying to make a phone sale. so do i really need to have a phone or was that just somethin they said to make a sale or to get me to shut up?