PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Sprint making price changes in shared plans (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149255)

Karl 02-23-2012 02:25 AM

Sprint making price changes in shared plans

Sprint, in their scumbag fashion is at it again. Under the radar, at the very bottom of your Sprint bill, you’ll see a, “Important information relating to your Sprint bill” link. In this, at the bottom left corner it states this:
Discount Policy Change: Share Plans
Effective your February bill cycle, Family and Business Share monthly plan charges will be billed differently. Line 2 will be billed at the applicable Add-a-Phone rate. Discounts will only apply to the primary line. For more information go to sprint.com/invoiceinfo.

Nerd Technics » Sprint making price changes in shared plans

Its kinda old but maybe everyone didnt know

eric12341 02-23-2012 07:41 AM

Re: Sprint making price changes in shared plans

yup sounds like they're trying to have their customers pay their debts to apple for the iPhone.

infinitemethod 02-23-2012 07:59 AM

Just so you guys know, it's not too late! I just did this twp days ago and honestly couldn't be happier. It was more of a pain in the ass than I wanted, but yesterday on the highway to work I did my last speed test with Sprint on their awful 3G network and got a laughable, yet said .39 down. On my way home after porting over to Verizon to a Galaxy Nexus, in the same area i got 26 mb down! I didn't even know that was possible!

I found out from a frkend that if you do not have a discount applied, then this change might nkt let you outof your contract. Its still worth a try, best of luck!

Karl 02-23-2012 02:07 PM

It's not late some just did it on xda and the change doesnt show till you get feburary statement

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

Hypnotic2010 02-23-2012 02:20 PM

Here is some more info for whos interested:
SPRINT Changing T&C again (Feb 2012) - Get out of Contract ETF free

SPRINT Changing T&C again (Feb 2012) - Get out of Contract ETF free - Slickdeals.net

EyeB 02-24-2012 12:40 AM

hm sounds easy enough to just apply the corporate discount to the second line too :S email them back with work email?

edit: it might not be so bad if you use sprint's example to compare with other companies...
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3104/compareh.jpg
Get the single line plan for $99+$10 for $110/month, start adding new lines at $40. no discounts total at $150/month, the same family plan costs $170/month...

Maybe sprint just wants to drop the family plans and get people to use the single plans then add on lines?

eric12341 02-24-2012 07:28 AM

@EyeB funny how they only compare to VZ and AT$T but not T-mobile (cheaper and they know it). $print is known for extra charges and fees so I'm not surprised.

EyeB 02-24-2012 08:18 AM

Unsupported Browser
t mobile's family plan is $160/month... still more than sprint's by $10... :S

can you look things up before talking bad about sprint/good about t mobile? :S not trying to sound bad but it irks me when people don't, i know i do that sometimes too but i try not too lol

eric12341 02-24-2012 01:28 PM

@EyeB Which one did u look at? The classic or value version? Even so but sprint still has surcharges and more taxes.

EyeB 02-24-2012 05:53 PM

i choose the cheapest one as comparison to tmobile since it seemed most comparable

i've not had any surcharges/taxes from sprint that other companies wouldn't charge :S unless it's prepaid...