PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Transform my Transform into an Evo 3D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145903)

Palndrm12 07-21-2011 07:10 PM

Transform my Transform into an Evo 3D

Okay so I just upgraded my line July 1st from a TP2 to an Evo 3D and I kept the TP2 to sell myself since they were only offering up $23. My wife just upgraded her line February 1st to a Samsung Transform. She hates the Transform and loves my Evo 3D.

So my question is how can I get Sprint to give me upgrade pricing on my wifes line after 5 months? I already talked to Retentions for 45minutes and they would only give me a free Crackberry. I spoke to a few stores and they said they couldn't do anything either. I am Sprint Premiere but only Silver since the change.

So anyway to either get upgrade pricing or discounts or anything? Should I call retentions again? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Wasn't sure if this was the right thread but this is sort of a weird/impossible question.

gTen 07-21-2011 07:49 PM

Re: Transform my Transform into an Evo 3D

Transform == Intercept == Moment..aka an old phone rebranded..it may say 800mhz butthe processor is same around same as the TP2 one...(optimus s would have been better)

As for what you can do..its kinda hard..if you go over 1 year mark then they have an option to upgrade you to a 2 year upgrade...but before your year mark is up best you may be able to do is knock down the price in some places by giving in an old phone..now that $10 fee is on all phones I don't even think its worth much even on ebay :/

Best suggestion I can offer is to buy her an Evo/Epic on ebay...its not the Evo 3d but they should be a HUGE improvement over what she has...

Da Uniq 1 07-22-2011 03:58 PM

If she has proven major issues, you may want to try getting Retentions to upgrade you early and get an Evo at the $99 price. Best thing I can think of.

Palndrm12 07-26-2011 07:52 PM

Thanks for the suggestions I will check into the Evo vs 3D either way like you said it would be a huge improvement.

I still can't believe how crappy the phone is and that it still seemed like a good purchase when I got it. It still looks good on paper but the performance sucks!

Thanks again for the advice.

Sent from my Evo 3D using PPCGeeks for Android

gTen 07-26-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palndrm12 (Post 2132278)
Thanks for the suggestions I will check into the Evo vs 3D either way like you said it would be a huge improvement.

I still can't believe how crappy the phone is and that it still seemed like a good purchase when I got it. It still looks good on paper but the performance sucks!

Thanks again for the advice.

Sent from my Evo 3D using PPCGeeks for Android

Well as I said before..the transform is pretty much a moment..which is on par with an htc hero...

What tricks people into it is because it looks a lot like the Epic, so it makes people believe it is a smaller version...in reality its no where close...Even the LG Optimus S runs circles around it with a 600mhz processor because its a Cortex A8...

so it wouldn't be a stretch to say the optimus s is 5x more powerful then the Transform despite the lower clock speeds...