PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Asurion - Verizon - Does not have a replacement phone, now what ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143817)

DavidinCT 05-20-2011 01:02 PM

Asurion - Verizon - Does not have a replacement phone, now what ?

Hey all,

This has been going on from January now. I have a Touch Pro 2 with a cracked display. I have the insurance through Asurion and have had it for over 5 years now, this will be the first time I am filing a claim.

They do not have a comparable phone to the Touch Pro 2, nothing even close and NO I do not want an android phone. They have offered other WM models but, they just wont fit to replace the TP2. I have too much invested in Windows Mobile to just dump it to go to another phone right now.

I'm not willing to get a new *sign a 2 year contract* phone (no WP7 yet nor upcoming not a great model) but, I have paid for insurance for years and expect to be able to use it.

Note: I am NOT trying to get something for free, I would be happy with another Touch Pro 2 but, this is not a option through Asurion OR Verizon (I think they were trying to get me one, this has been going on for a while).

Has anyone run into this case ? What are my options ? Will they give me a refund to get another phone if I put up a stink ?

I just want to get a phone that works and I'm fine with another TP2 for now...

Any idea ?

austin420 05-20-2011 01:14 PM

Re: Asurion - Verizon - Does not have a replacement phone, now what ?

noone has gotten a tp2 from asurion or vzw in a loooonnnggg time. theyve been giving imagios as long as i can remember. i think your only options are a "comparable" model or switch providers.
besides other winmo models, what android have they offered you? i know you say you dont want it, im just wonderin'.

DavidinCT 05-20-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2104218)
noone has gotten a tp2 from asurion or vzw in a loooonnnggg time. theyve been giving imagios as long as i can remember. i think your only options are a "comparable" model or switch providers.
besides other winmo models, what android have they offered you? i know you say you dont want it, im just wonderin'.

I forget the models but, I know they were lower end models, all going on ebay for less than $150 used. All the models they offered were nothing special and with outdated (not even 2.2) verisons of Android.

I have seen cases where people have gotten a check from Asurion, any idea on how that is done ?

lafester 05-21-2011 08:38 PM

can't you get a tp2 for 150?

DavidinCT 05-22-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lafester (Post 2104787)
can't you get a tp2 for 150?

Yea, but, Asurion will not give a refund to get another phone.

DavidinCT 05-26-2011 06:16 PM

This battle SHOULD be over. I called them up today and asked them if they would give me a HTC Trophy (Verizon's Windows Phone 7) and they said Yes !!!! They are just currently backorderd and said they will have them in 3-7 days.

So I get a HTC Trophy Windows Phone 7 from them...for $50 with no contract (still grandfathered in, as i have not signed a contract in years). I just dont get the free 360 game :(

I guess it's a deal for them, a new TP2 is $599-649, a Trophy is $429.99, I guess we are both happy.

AZTECHKA 05-26-2011 07:41 PM

Great move bro... I always ask... There are only two logical answers... Yes and no.
That's almost like a 50 / 50 chance. LOL
Congrats.
p.