PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Corporate calls me about my FFC Complaint...

if the at&t-mobile thing goes thru, there won't be a sprint....
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

It is sad that the littler companies are being gobbled up by the big ones. A little competition goes a long way...

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D + Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

leylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Sprint's a business and if they dont start changing the way they run their business (like adding that $10 fee) there won't be a Sprint anymore. I feel Sprint has every right to add the $10 fee and you as a consumer has every right to go else where.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

afolayan702 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by leylomo View Post
Sprint's a business and if they dont start changing the way they run their business (like adding that $10 fee) there won't be a Sprint anymore. I feel Sprint has every right to add the $10 fee and you as a consumer has every right to go else where.
If the reasoning for adding the premium data fee is that is hard on the servers, by all means upgrade them with haste please. But if the phones they put out since 4/1/2011 are just 3G capable, I see no reason why those customers should pay $240 over the lifespan of the 2 year contract for data speeds they will never see. If the spec sheets tell us that the 3G phones use more data at a higher rate then it is justified (I do not know the exact facts).
Having a business is one thing, but the important task is sharing the vision of the business- to provide a better service to people interested in their services, and customer base that can see it why it is superior to its competetors in value: price points, usablitiy in different areas of work, school, social life.
Not just say tough luck, kick rocks. That language is more suited for AT&T, it would remind people of the generalized feelings in the earlier days of Sprint before Hesse- bad customer service etc.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
It is sad that the littler companies are being gobbled up by the big ones. A little competition goes a long way...
tmobile is not being gobbled up... this is what they wanted.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: apache
Carrier: sprint

disco_y2k is a n00b

hello all,
saying that t-mobile and at&t merging would affect sprint is ridiculous! they are years away from being able to provide the bandwidth that sprint and verizon do at the present, and then they would also still have to expand the area they cover on top of that. example, i was in charge of the air-ops, helo-recon for the bp oil spill, i could keep high speed data service in a helo 15 miles offshore and at&t phones could not even make voice calls reliably from the beach. even if a person was siting on top of an at&t tower wearing your proverbial tin foil hat, you can not reliably receive high speed data service from t-mobile or at&t. businesses if nothing else, will keep the true cdma/pcs providers around for a long time, especially now, thanks to olipro, with a TP2 i can just about use any network there is in the US with a sprint account. all a sprint customer has to do is simply swap PRL's and/or put in a sim, if desperate, and we have access to almost all towers.

as for the $10 fee, when i got my first htc phone the guy told me about that, yada yada yada, well i went to grad school for cdma networking and on top of that when i was in college my roommate worked for sprint. so i started explaining to him howto activate my phone without having to "switch" to a different data plan that would require the $10 fee. after a couple of minutes he broke down and said ENOUGH, i know you dont have to change the actual plan/data service, but they make US!!! meaning sprint employees add the $10 on to your plan if THEY!!! activate the phone.

I have had the same sprint plan since 1998. for years when they quit letting you do online esn swaps i simply bought new phones and changed the esn's and never told sprint. but after they started allowing online esn swaps again, i simply login and add whatever phone i want to my account and still pay 1998 prices

all total for 3 smart phones (three lines) with all unlimited, after tax title license fees i pay $173 every 2 MONTHS! so about $85ish a month.

you just need to know how to work the sprint system

main point is, a rep flat out told me that the $10 is for nothing, just a rate change they try to force out of customers. so go online and swap phones and no need to be a victim of sprint

racketeering!

cheers,
disco
Old 04-26-2011, 03:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

3tconcepts is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco_y2k View Post
hello all,
saying that t-mobile and at&t merging would affect sprint is ridiculous! they are years away from being able to provide the bandwidth that sprint and verizon do at the present, and then they would also still have to expand the area they cover on top of that. example, i was in charge of the air-ops, helo-recon for the bp oil spill, i could keep high speed data service in a helo 15 miles offshore and at&t phones could not even make voice calls reliably from the beach. even if a person was siting on top of an at&t tower wearing your proverbial tin foil hat, you can not reliably receive high speed data service from t-mobile or at&t. businesses if nothing else, will keep the true cdma/pcs providers around for a long time, especially now, thanks to olipro, with a TP2 i can just about use any network there is in the US with a sprint account. all a sprint customer has to do is simply swap PRL's and/or put in a sim, if desperate, and we have access to almost all towers.

as for the $10 fee, when i got my first htc phone the guy told me about that, yada yada yada, well i went to grad school for cdma networking and on top of that when i was in college my roommate worked for sprint. so i started explaining to him howto activate my phone without having to "switch" to a different data plan that would require the $10 fee. after a couple of minutes he broke down and said ENOUGH, i know you dont have to change the actual plan/data service, but they make US!!! meaning sprint employees add the $10 on to your plan if THEY!!! activate the phone.

I have had the same sprint plan since 1998. for years when they quit letting you do online esn swaps i simply bought new phones and changed the esn's and never told sprint. but after they started allowing online esn swaps again, i simply login and add whatever phone i want to my account and still pay 1998 prices

all total for 3 smart phones (three lines) with all unlimited, after tax title license fees i pay $173 every 2 MONTHS! so about $85ish a month.

you just need to know how to work the sprint system

main point is, a rep flat out told me that the $10 is for nothing, just a rate change they try to force out of customers. so go online and swap phones and no need to be a victim of sprint

racketeering!

cheers,
disco
Will this work with the $10 4G fee too.. I have thought about the online swap but didn't want to take take a chance of increasing my monthly bill from $30 to a $50 monthly fee
Old 04-26-2011, 05:49 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tconcepts View Post
Will this work with the $10 4G fee too.. I have thought about the online swap but didn't want to take take a chance of increasing my monthly bill from $30 to a $50 monthly fee

The Online Swap, NO! They will tack on the $10 fee once the 4G phone is on your account. And you will have to switch to SERO Premium at $40/month before you can online activate a post Touch Pro 2 smartphone, the system will just deny it.

If you'll notice, the poster you quoted has an Apache, he won't be able to do this with Any newer smartphone.

As for the other method mentioned, followed by and then
Old 05-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w

sleepydoll is a n00b

I have 4 lines with Sprint as well. We all have either a windows mobile or Android phone. We activated one of the android phones I believe the end of February although it was purchased sometime in January.. Well as I went to activate the rep indicated there would be an additional $10 premium data fee.. I informed her I was not told about added monthly $10 fee on 3g phones she went on and on about when the change took place. She explained " the premium data charge is for the use of a faster connection.. faster email.. and just over all premium data".. I told her "data is data.. there are different tiers of speed but you aren't offering a higher speed so where is this "premium" data coming in @? " She insisted the cahrge was not for the 4G I requested a supervisor who decdided since I purchased the phone prior to Jan 31 2010 that they would not add the $10 premium data cahrge and they haven't..

Now on my main line I have a Treo Pro, which has been having ongoing issues. It got to the point I couldn't get it to charge so I turned on my old Instinct.. The supervisor informed me any esn swap to a smart phone would incur that $10 premium data.. So I asked "If i want to reactivate my OLD Treo pro.. that has already been active on my account will that $10 still be added? " she replied "yes".. Now I got her.. I asked " how is sprint going to justify a $10 premium data charge on an old phone that data connection is the same it's still going to get the same slow email there's NOTHING premium about this phone.. So please explain that...: Again she opted to not charge the $10 "premium data" fee
Old 06-13-2015, 04:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: apache
Carrier: sprint

disco_y2k is a n00b
DIGGIN' UP BONES :) Re: Sprint Corporate calls me about my FFC Complaint...

howdy everyone, i randomly came across this thread that i had posted MANY years back about the sprint "fraud fees" i just wanted to give everyone an update since it is STILL TRUE THAT YOU CAN ACTIVATE AND USE A SMART PHONE WITHOUT PAYING THE SPRINT FRAUD FEE AND FOR 4G YOU DO NOT USE!

(cough, cough... in a make believe hypothetical world where everything stated below is a fictional story... cough, cough)

currently (due to legal reasons, this fictional story below is only for educational purpose and none of it is true...) I still have 4 phones, all active, all using the ESN's (converted MEID's) from phones from about 2005-2007 i think. They are:

1 x Samsung S4
1 x HTC One M7
1 x HTC EVO Design 4G
1 x HTC Rhodium World

the reason i tried this is because years ago they tried to tell me that they could not even activate an android phone or any smart phone without the "sprint fraud fee" tacked on to the bill and without paying extra for 4G service. We just got 4G last year, so they wanted me to pay $35 a month for the last 5 years for a 4G service that did not even exist in my area? the contract i signed included totally unlimited data ON ANY PHONE, unlimited phone as modem ON ANY PHONE, and unlimited hotspot on ANY PHONE! IT SAID NOTHING ABOUT WHAT SPEED DATA, IN FACT EVDO rev 0 and rev A did not even exist yet when i signed the contract and they upgraded me to those speeds with no problems over the years every time i bought a new phone! (I ALWAYS BUY MY PHONES FROM MANUFACTURER, NEVER TAKE THE UPGRADE DEAL!) so according to the contract i figure i would be doing nothing wrong in putting sprint to the test by using old ESN's on new smart phones and destroying the old phones...

The system still thinks the phones are some old samsung and sanyo phones, but it adapts automatically! I do not get 4G, just EVDO REV A, which is average 275KB/sec when using phone as a hotspot and average 344KB/sec when downloading to phone.

total bill (minus any extra crap the kids buy).................

$92.00 per month!

Average data usage PER PHONE, PER DAY.... DOWNLOADING MOVIES AND TV ALL THE TIME AND DOING WHAT WE WANT...

3.5GB's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so if you do not need 4G and sprint wants to say THEY HAVE NO WAY OF ACTIVATING YOUR PHONE WITHOUT YOU PAYING THE SPRINT FRAUD FEES... THEY ARE FULL OF (the stuff that comes out of a horses rear)!

cheers,
disco

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
complaint, ffc, sprint