PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Sprint Service: Hybrid Phones (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142108)

Good Coffee 03-25-2011 04:41 AM

Sprint Service: Hybrid Phones

Alright, since Sprint doesnt have a large variety of world phones available (CDMA/GSM Hybrid) does anyone here know if phones from another carrier, that are unlocked, can be used on the sprint network with a Sprint Sim card?

Mojary 03-25-2011 11:29 AM

Re: Sprint Service: Hybrid Phones

seeing from your location that you are overseas at the moment...if you had your sprint roaming sim activated before you left the country...that would be a yes. but why would you want to use sprint's international roaming? it's expensive since they discontinued the sprint international roaming add-on plan early last year.

Good Coffee 03-26-2011 01:12 AM

no its unlimited data int'l for 39.99 a month buddy... i dont use the actual "call" feature due to it being 5.99/min.... gtalk, email and texting is all unlimited though

Bigtyme34 03-26-2011 07:35 PM

No buddy that add on has been discontinued....it is only available if you had it before sprint stopped allowing this service!!

Good Coffee 03-27-2011 03:28 AM

okay sir :) i know what i have on my plan and just had it added on in December, so whatever you say \\:D/ BTW why the anger? LOL

austin420 03-27-2011 12:12 PM

lol. noob fight. quick, somebody get me some jujubees.

Good Coffee 03-28-2011 12:37 AM

wow :cwm10:

Mojary 03-29-2011 05:16 PM

OP, you should be able to use your sprint roaming sim card on a sim unlocked phone. have you tried it yet? any reason why you won't use your tp2?

and you're right...i was thinking of the int'l data roaming add-on...sorry for the wrong info. how were you able to get it added on to your plan when it was discontinued in april of last year? because i was trying to get that added on before i left for asia summer of last year and they wouldn't add it because the CS said they don't have that anymore.

AZTECHKA 03-29-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojary (Post 2075899)
OP, you should be able to use your sprint roaming sim card on a sim unlocked phone. have you tried it yet? any reason why you won't use your tp2?

and you're right...i was thinking of the int'l data roaming add-on...sorry for the wrong info. how were you able to get it added on to your plan when it was discontinued in april of last year? because i was trying to get that added on before i left for asia summer of last year and they wouldn't add it because the CS said they don't have that anymore.

That's right CHIEF!!! That's what you get for leaving.

Good Coffee 03-30-2011 03:58 AM

Mojary, i am not sure why? i had a BB with Simply everything + 39.99 add on....i then swapped to the TP2 and changed to unlimited data with 400 minutes talk time for 69.99 + the 39.99 add on after Christmas....

i have been a sprint customer for like 10 years, maybe that's why, i really don't know.

i had no idea they discontinued any plans as i really don't ever have an issue when i call sprint to get anything switched up/resolved. they are always pretty helpful, which is odd because i dont normally expect good customer service like that from such a large company.

edit: i dont like winmo is the main reason i want to switch phones... i really wish the evo slide was a world (gsm + cdma) but its not, so i need to look at other avenues. i like the touch screen/full qwerty, my preference, but there arent too many out there that meet that demand....