PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Email from Sprint regarding 3rd party vendors.. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140162)

gator352 01-24-2011 07:12 PM

Email from Sprint regarding 3rd party vendors..

Notice: Florida Attorney General 3rd Party Settlement and Consumer Refund Program

This is an important notice regarding the ability of certain Sprint customers in Florida to obtain credits or refunds for unauthorized purchases of third-party mobile content subscriptions, such as subscriptions for ringtones, graphics and games. Sprint has entered into an agreement with the Florida Attorney General. As part of the agreement, and to cooperate with the Florida Attorney General, Sprint is offering to provide account holders with credits or refunds for unauthorized mobile content subscription purchases incurred after October 1, 2008. If Sprint has billed your account for the purchase of a third-party mobile content subscription that you did not authorize, you may receive a credit or refund of all unauthorized amounts paid. Customers may seek refunds even if they are no longer Sprint customers. Customers must affirm that they did not authorize the third-party mobile content subscription for which they seek a refund or credit, and the charge at issue was incurred and paid for after October 1, 2008. Please
click here or call 877-544-4076, option 5 for more information on the details of the Refund Program and how to make a claim.

I myself have had a few disputed charges from 3rd party vendors but dealt directly with them and received refunds. Just the other day out of the blue, I started receiving text msgs about "hottones". I got 5 before I texted back "stop" and I know there will be a charge for 9.99 on my next bill because this happened 3 months ago and I will deal directly with Sprint this time. This is getting out of hand if you ask me.

themuffinman 01-24-2011 08:30 PM

Re: Email from Sprint regarding 3rd party vendors..

Weird that you just posted this. About an hour or so ago my phone started getting spammed with random text message saying that I subscribed to whatever service they were talking about. This is just out of the blue, I wonder how in the hell these vendors manage to get shit charged to your account with no authorization at all.

DarkLord 01-24-2011 08:39 PM

I've had a block put on my phone for three months, 3 separate times, and Sprint still can't get it blocked. These spams are totally B.S. that come out of nowhere and I'm totally beside myself just how they keep getting through.

gator352 01-24-2011 08:48 PM

I agree guys. I NEVER ONCE authorized any purchase of anything. The only thing I can think of is that by txting "stop", to end the spam msgs, is admitting that you signed up for the service.

Sprint should send an email, to your account only, to authorize any 3rd party subscriptions. Not a purchase of an app as that is a one time charge and not a service...but these damn FREE RINGTONE/NEWS services that charge monthly for a service.

Also I should have mentioned that this a Florida only thing for now. I live in CFL so this actually pertains to me. Sorry if it confused anyone.

Karl 01-24-2011 08:54 PM

im gonna have to check my bill now
cuz i gotta spam txt and did the "stop"

themuffinman 01-24-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 2043684)
I agree guys. I NEVER ONCE authorized any purchase of anything. The only thing I can think of is that by txting "stop", to end the spam msgs, is admitting that you signed up for the service.

Sprint should send an email, to your account only, to authorize any 3rd party subscriptions. Not a purchase of an app as that is a one time charge and not a service...but these damn FREE RINGTONE/NEWS services that charge monthly for a service.

Also I should have mentioned that this a Florida only thing for now. I live in CFL so this actually pertains to me. Sorry if it confused anyone.

Bro, I was thinking the same damn thing. As the texts started rolling in, they all said to reply with stop and for a minute I started to wonder that if I actually replied with stop if that some how will sign me up. They are sneaky as hell, but I replied with stop anyway and it did.......for now. Guess I have to pay attention to my next bill.

gator352 01-25-2011 07:02 AM

I'm gonna watch my bill like a hawk. From now on though, I'm not gonna reply to ANY spam text but I'm going to keep them incase. I'm not blaming sprint for this in any way as they just charge sprint with your number, but I'm not gonna take the abuse...

Ever wondered why we have shelters for battered women but not for battered chicken? Or battered plants?

Dr.8820 01-25-2011 08:05 AM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

They do have shelters for battered chickens...KFC :D!

quick99si 01-25-2011 09:38 AM

Is it safe to assume that this pertains solely to FL residents?

gator352 01-25-2011 04:29 PM

Yeah it's safe to assume that. BUT I'm sure if a a 9.99 charge shows up for something you didn't purchase, they would take the charge off if you asked nicely....like..."I gonna take this SH*T! Take the dam* charge off and put it up your a$$ like good little poon stars! ....Please?"