PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 08:07 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Re: Does Sprint want the iPhone? Their actions make it seem like so!

If Sprint is smart they will wait and get the iPhone 5 and let VZW and AT&T stick with the iPhone and all its problems. I dont think I would switch to an iPhone. I am considering switching to a Windows 7 or the next Palm device as a Bday gift to myself since its coming up. I like that "hackablity" of WebOS and Android. Loving Android after leaving the Palm Pre. Glad to have a memory card back. I'd rather pay $200-400 for a phone and get a bigger memory card then pay way more to get an iPhone with 32GB of storage. Apple and got to get on board with allowing memory cards. But they wont because they are forcing people to buy larger storage iPhones.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
If its a 4 I would get it for my wife. If its an iphone 5 I would compare it to one of the htc dual core phones that will be out soon and then make my decision. Only way I would definitely get it is if I am able to do wifi tethering without paying extra. Otherwise I will stick with an unlocked android phone. All I know is if the rumors are true, wp7 better step it up soon.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If I wanted an iPhone, I'd have one already. And if for some strange reason I didn't already have one on AT&T, I'd probably be getting the Verizon iPhone.

I am not into the iPhone at all. Now that Motorola Atrix, that's another story. If Sprint was getting that, I'd be on board for sure. Too bad AT&T has capped data for all new subscribers or I'd probably be dropping my Evo for it.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
LOL...
What are you going to do when they announce the HD7 Pro on 2/7?
Is this official yet? It doesn't sound like the impossible being possible to me nor does it seem like a first in the industry (as per their totally crappy flyer)
Old 01-25-2011, 10:33 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

hd7 pro would be an industry first. 4.x inch screen with a sliding keyboard and possibly 4g (were not talking about the 7 pro, the hd7 pro).

Old 01-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Say no to the Iphoney!

I love my macbook cause it just works and that's what I want. But when it comes to my phone, I want the freedom of choice to be in my hands, not in Mr. Jobs'.

I really hope Sprint gets a dual core 4G phone like the Atrix. I'd be all over that!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
Say no to the Iphoney!

But when it comes to my phone, I want the freedom of choice to be in my hands, not in Mr. Jobs'.
Doesn't the iPhone being offered by carrier sit nicely with your "more freedom to choose" initiative? You don't HAVE to get it...
Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
Doesn't the iPhone being offered by carrier sit nicely with your "more freedom to choose" initiative? You don't HAVE to get it...
He's also free to get it right now if he wants. Nobody HAS to wait for Sprint to get it if they want it.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
I was speaking about the difference between iOS and Android and having the freedom of choice. Maybe the network wouldn't be so impacted if the Iphone is offered on 3 different carriers. I don't have proof but I'm pretty sure AT&T's network suffered because of so many Iphone users.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:25 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
I was speaking about the difference between iOS and Android and having the freedom of choice. Maybe the network wouldn't be so impacted if the Iphone is offered on 3 different carriers. I don't have proof but I'm pretty sure AT&T's network suffered because of so many Iphone users.
Verizon moves more data on their network right now than AT&T does on theirs.

AT&T's network problems are a result of AT&T failing to upgrade their network. They are just barely starting to roll out hspa+. Sprint already has Wimax, Verizon and Metro PCS (!) have LTE, and T-Mobile is already rolling out the second generation hspa+. All before AT&T rolled out first gen hspa+, and was actually still rolling out 7.2 meg hspa in a lot of areas.

That is a prime example of AT&T's network issues. The issues are due to AT&T's execs pocketing every possible dime and refusing to upgrade the network.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion