PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   im moving to t-mobile (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139416)

fixxxer2012 01-09-2011 05:12 PM

im moving to t-mobile

in a few months were leaving sprint for various reasons and going to t-mobile. it was going to be verizon but with their new high prices and outrageous policies ill pass. plus the fact t-mobile has a great line up of devices right now.

my question is how many of you use t-mobile and how do you like it?

im thinking about getting a g2 or nexus s. :mrgreen:

spiritcrusher33 01-09-2011 06:40 PM

Re: im moving to t-mobile

well If I had a signal out in the country where I live. I would still be with them. lol

currently with verizon.. and they are high.. but I have great coverage outside of a few spots in the house..

drewcam888 01-10-2011 09:45 AM

Rural coverage is pretty limited in many areas. Urban coverage is just all about where you live some areas are ok others are not good. Most people that I know that travel regularly have left T mobile. They don't know if they will have reliable coverage when they get to their destination.

gullzway 01-12-2011 08:59 AM

My Condolences!

orangekid 01-12-2011 12:38 PM

I used to be on Sprint but moved to T-Mobile about a year ago. Currently I like it more than any other network for a few reasons:

1) I get excellent coverage and always see an H in my taskbar and minimally see an E. I do live in a big urban city so that has something to do with it, but I seem to get reception in places that my boss with an Epic can't seem to get bars at all. Check the coverage map in your area.

2) GSM means you can use more phones and you don't have to flash things or go through a crazy process to update the PRL and blah blah just to use an ATT or international phone (although you do lose 3G).

3) The only network you can use a TMOUS HD2 (with 3G), which is currently my favorite phone ever.

4) Pricing. I pay $60 a month on a no-contract price for unlimited data, text, night/weekend minutes, and enough daytime mins to be happy. Plus my girl is on tmobile too (nexus one) so our calls to each other are always free. VZW charges like twice that much with capped data. I can tether all I want with no extra charge too.

The Nexus S looks like an amazing device, and it is the ONLY phone I would replace my HD2 with. NFC technology is awesome. 16gb inand might seem stupid because no sd card expansion, but you don't have to mess with a2sd and ext partitions on an sd card or any of that crap, everything on NAND seems like the best way to go for me, although since it's a samsung they may not be able to port sense (so far all tries on galaxy S have failed), if you're into sense. Currently I'm running a fully stable Gingerbread NAND rom on my HD2 and I love (CM7) and I love it much more than any sense build I've used. That screen-off animation itself is reason enough for me :)

I'd recommend the switch, just make sure to check your coverage on the map on the site to ensure you're not in some backwoods no-reception area.

austin420 01-12-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 2035232)
I'd recommend the switch, just make sure to check your coverage on the map on the site to ensure you're not in some backwoods no-reception area.

by back woods you must be refering to the 80 percent of the country with no 3g or the 95 percent without 4g on t-mo.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5009/...33c06716_z.jpg

orangekid 01-12-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2035272)
by back woods you must be refering to the 80 percent of the country with no 3g or the 95 percent without 4g on t-mo.

no, I meant like he should check to see the coverage in his area, because if he lives in a city with good coverage like I do, it's a pretty damn good choice.

fixxxer2012 01-12-2011 09:16 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Im in a big city. Well semi big, grand rapids, mi. Tmobile has some damn good prices compared to verizon or sprint.

PriYankee 01-12-2011 09:59 PM

I have t-mobile, had it for years now & i have never had any major issues with the service. I've traveled to california, florida & still haven't encountered any issues.
When i go to NYC the signal is good for the most part, there are ofcourse some areas that have signal issues, but thats expected in a city.

The price is good & i like having GSM because i like to change phones (i get bored easy) lol

the only time I have signal issues is when i'm like waaayy inside a big building.

Overall i love my service & customer service has always been friendly & helpful whenever i've called.

spiritcrusher33 01-14-2011 04:38 PM

ya t-mobile is nice if you covered..lol didnt work for me.. hell im bout to say screw verizon.. now.. prices are too damn high.. gonna just deal with a samsung intercept on virgin mobile. 27 bucks a month.. can beat that. plus sprint coverage rules out here..