PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   just got a free airvana (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138140)

kaoss_11 12-09-2010 02:25 AM

just got a free airvana

just giving guys a heads up, a few days ago i ordered a free airave which is the new airvana that supports data also. got it today and set it up and made a huge difference.
the sprint rep told me that they are now giving them away for free. hope on the band wagon while it last.

Ticklemepinks 12-09-2010 02:48 AM

Re: just got a free airvana

be careful no notification for call waiting... you'll probably just miss the call

boredandtattooed 12-09-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks (Post 2010269)
be careful no notification for call waiting... you'll probably just miss the call

though if you have poor signal and actually require an Airwave, youd probably be at risk of missing any call lol

so it still is beneficial to alot of people

tex5781 12-09-2010 01:42 PM

so where can you find these on the web?

boredandtattooed 12-09-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tex5781 (Post 2010482)
so where can you find these on the web?

AIRAVE

pretty sure you just call sprint and tell thmem you have bad coverage and they'll hook you up....

FYI - Airwave needs to be hooked up to your home internet to function.. if you dont have home internet as some dont(i dont) then you wont be able to use one..

lkillen 12-09-2010 02:55 PM

My daughter is in college and has terrible coverage in her dorm. This may be hte answer.

OMJ 12-09-2010 03:01 PM

thread moved to carrier discussion

gullzway 12-10-2010 02:55 AM

I have one, and it works great!
Question though, since it's using my internet connection does the data I use get charged to my data usage?

Sent from my Epic 3G on SERO.

kaoss_11 12-12-2010 03:21 AM

That's what I been wondering to, I know it uses the internet for calls and data but does it use my data from my sprint service or dsl carrier. Doesn't matter either way but its made a huge difference, well worth it

fishingmedic 12-17-2010 06:44 PM

I've got one of the older airaves, only phone and texting works on it, ordered a new airvana, they sent me two, lol. Set one up, was a pita to get working, kept having to update, would lose connectivity (have VOIP for phone and never a problem with internet service) Sprint kept having to adjust settings on it, finally got it to stay connected to the internet, then just kept losing calls while even right next to it. Tried the second one, all the same bs. Hooked up the old original airave, back to excellent service, just not a good data signal in my basement, so YMMV with them, but I believe I'm the only one who had issues.