PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 05:19 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
[Update] Free Dell Mini 10, WITHOUT a broadband plan..

threads been modified..

Long story short..

Ordered a Dell mini 10 from Sprint for $100 with upgrade or new line... I upgraded a TP1 line and got the netbook for $100... i denied activation when prompted and never added a broadband plan... i just got confirmation of MIR

So a i got a Dell Mini 10.. for free.. WITHOUT a broadband plan.... and the kicker??? That TP1 line that i upgraded to get the netbook, still functions as a phone and is still on my account... i now have 5 phones( 2-TP1s, 1-TP2, Seek, and Optimus) AND the Dell Mini, all on a 5 device account...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Receipt SS.JPG (88.5 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 01-18-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: My lastest "Finagling" with Sprint....

Good luck!

BrennB
Old 11-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

Nice, hope they don't jack you...I have considered this new device as well
Old 11-19-2010, 01:28 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

very nice....I'm tempted to do the same (got an airave eligible for upgrade), though I've had a mini 10 for a yr now.....very nice netbook, I use it everyday. I bumped the memory to 2gb, it's kindofa pita.

here's a video.... Upgrading the RAM in the Dell Mini 10v (with videos and guide)

Last edited by OMJ; 11-19-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:42 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

yeah i didnt realize they were old... the ESN on it starts with REC, so its a Refurb... ah well.. so far runs great for her... plus it can run OSX, and Android 1.6.... all good enough sounding things to her to allow me to mod it out for her lol
Old 12-14-2010, 08:26 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Thumbs down Re: My lastest "Finagling" with Sprint....

Sprint isn't exactly the company I'd want to play these kinds of games with. Especially as your SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER/credit is tied to your account.

It'd be very easy for them to come back when they've figured out their ordering system glitch and charge you the full retail amount (to your account) for the netbook. They're bastards with normal customers -- never mind w/ this one!

Maybe I'm biased, but good find (and good luck) if you have the balls to take the chance! YMMV w/ this one...
Old 12-15-2010, 04:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT, DONT LAUGH TOO HARD

kaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i would agree with not wanting to play these games. I have heard/seen horror stories over at sprintusers.com, nice come up though
Old 12-15-2010, 06:15 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

LMAO,

So...............never order anything from Sprint ever again?? its funny how cell phone bills/contracts dont do positive things for your credit(yet credit check is done to get a Contract), but they'll sure send your outstanding, outdated debt to a collection agency ill bet lol

almost been a month, no hassle.. its paid off.. when i changed my plan to get an Optimus too(for gf also), i made sure the CS Agent kept my insurance on all my lines... got a Letter a few days later from Asurion saying I couldnt put insurance on the line ending in XXXX - the line the netbook is on... so everyone see's I have the netbook even...

I submitted the rebate even 2 days ago for shits and giggles - since the denial/"stall" process for rebates is all online anyways.. worse comes to worse on that, ill just call in to see whats up on it.. if its an activation issue, ill just say ok, ill go take care of that.. and Not do it lol... then ill just eat the $100, no biggie really... I expected to anyways kind of..

It'll be fine!

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 12-15-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: sprint

iredline5 is a n00b

This sounds interesteting. The netbook shows its tied to that account like any other phone/device that is bought from sprint.com. The phone/device will be shipped but not activated to the line purchased for but will be tied to that number untill released or activated to that line. This prevents the phone be stolen once shipped from them. Not sure if there is a time limit with sprint if the device is not activated or not. So I would be very cautious on doing this.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:28 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

Re: [Update] Free Dell Mini 10, WITHOUT a broadband plan..

updated.... and caution thrown to the wind...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion