PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Sprint to begin throttling data this Summer?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124781)

orangekid 06-11-2010 05:02 PM

Re: Sprint to begin throttling data this Summer??

Moved to Carrier Discussion

mlin 06-11-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1809458)
no it didn't sprint added it at one point and it only pertains to data cards and PAM....

That said right now your plan is unlimited..BUT throttling isn't limiting the amount you can dld, it just limits at the speed you can download it at..so even now you may have "truely unlimited" 1kb a sec unlimited is worth squat lol

Gotcha. I highly doubt they will throttle all data ll the time, and will hopefully only due it once customers go over a certain amount of data in any given month. Either way, I guess we will have to wait and see...

Mojary 06-11-2010 05:27 PM

so does that mean "there goes the 4G speed" (for those who has it)?

gTen 06-11-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojary (Post 1809522)
so does that mean "there goes the 4G speed" (for those who has it)?

There is little information yet..but its possible once you go over a certain amount of data a month your speeds could drop dramatically...

It is also possible this is for 3G only as if you think about it..the new data plan now allows for more bandwidth usage..this may be ok in 4g areas but 3g areas have receiving to upgrades to support this..so they could be taking precautions..other possibility is the CDMA iphone and them not wanting to deal with what happened to AT&T

WarChild 06-11-2010 05:59 PM

Merged Sprint to begin throttling data this Summer?? with Sprint to begin throttling data this Summer??

CW

Mojary 06-11-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1809550)
There is little information yet..but its possible once you go over a certain amount of data a month your speeds could drop dramatically...

It is also possible this is for 3G only as if you think about it..the new data plan now allows for more bandwidth usage..this may be ok in 4g areas but 3g areas have receiving to upgrades to support this..so they could be taking precautions..other possibility is the CDMA iphone and them not wanting to deal with what happened to AT&T

if this is going to be the case this summer....there goes me downloading all those 80-90 minute long dj mixes directly on my phone...lol.

kilmarac 06-11-2010 07:03 PM

I love the hysteria people create by giving little snippets of information.

grad20_09 06-18-2010 09:06 PM

I have to say, Sprint data speeds over 3g seems to decreased since right before the EVO came out??? I'm getting .2mbps down avg. what the hell is up with the network? And my upload is avg. .4mbps. Why the hell is the upload higher than the download? something isn't right...

Mswezey 06-18-2010 09:52 PM

Yeah it seemed that way for me too. But the past week or so it seemed to return to normal for me.

grad20_09 06-18-2010 11:07 PM

Not in Houston. FML. About to call Sprint, I'm highly dissatisfied with .2-.5mbps down speeds. trying to stream music straight from my home server and it skips ever 10 seconds... Did you get the EVO yet?