PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Blackberry (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Sprint Plans with Blackberry (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99240)

jlc403 11-29-2009 07:24 PM

Sprint Plans with Blackberry

Need some advice regarding Sprint.

I have had PPC phones with them forever (two on my account)

Using touch pro 2 and diamond currently on a SERO plan and I want to keep the plans I have now...

The store reps are telling me I need a Blackberry Data plan for $30 a month....

Is this accurate?

If I can get a phone and swap ESN's online, will it work?

Thanks,
Josh

info[]box1 11-29-2009 07:50 PM

Re: Sprint Plans with Blackberry

Anything is worth a try, but I dont think it would work. Maybe a WiMo/Andriod/Pre but a blackberry has always require a certain data pak. I have 5 lines on simply unlimited everything (any mobile) family bah bah bah. Simply everything comes ready to go with whatever data pak that exist. I've heard people with SERO using a palm pre, but I havnt heard anything like with a Blackberry.

Be careful online esn changes they might change your plan... Blackberrys are tricky...Somebody correct if I'm wrong...

late,
info[]box1

Dr.8820 11-29-2009 07:53 PM

you're not wrong info. all blackberries must carry the data plan (b.e.s.)

eenieMINI 12-01-2009 06:23 PM

Well, yes and no... not a BES necessarily but for sure a BIS BES is Blackberry Enterprise Service that is necessary if your BB is being used a workplace server. For the everyday Non-workplace server BB user you want BIS Blackberry Internet Service which is the less expensive of the two packs..

What you need to ask for on the Sero plan is the$15 BIS pak or the free BIS addon... which may no longer be available but was at one time.

facemob 12-02-2009 12:03 PM

everything data includes BIS

Sporkman 12-03-2009 07:30 AM

yea my family plan ( simply everything ) includes the berry plan

eenieMINI 12-04-2009 02:20 PM

Yep, but the OP is talking about using his Sero plan with a Blackberry... thinking about that now I remember too there is a way to get the service books without the BIS but I'm not sure that gives the data etc for browsing and such.

zagguru 12-05-2009 11:53 PM

you can change ur sero into a Sero Voice Only plan, pay for text and pay for bb data. Thats the only option to keep the sero. I used to have a perk that would give u free text and free bb data with the sero voice, however im no longer in that buissness

YANKEEFAN01 12-12-2009 09:05 PM

Or you can sign on to the data plan for the first month and then cancel it, and then use the work around to still get the internet to work on the berry, but you wont have bbm and what not

uhupong 12-13-2009 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you have sero then just add BIS for $10. You can use anything with this. I have the tour and everything seem works flawlessly. I activated via chat rep.