PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Flash 11, Hulu, Puffin browser on SD XDAndroid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148366)

teradog 12-14-2011 08:18 PM

Flash 11, Hulu, Puffin browser on SD XDAndroid

Touch Pro 2 flash, on XDAndroid (micro SD card running Android)
Works fine on my Sprint TP2, overclocked of course... a tad choppy on hulu, but good on most sites.

How did I get it to work perfect?
Installed Flash 11, then Puffin. If it doesn't, reboot & try again.
Good luck.

PUFFIN Browser
Free for XDA members.. orig thread link coming... can't find now, deleted?? It was from the developers.. Since I can't find the original post (will keep looking) I can't post the DL, but I can tell you that I think the original thread linked the Media Fire link (#5) from, Google search: Tons of Google DL links
, #5
Just google "Puffin 1.6"
Puffin: This is a full working version, but... support the devs with market DL for Puffin real cheap if it works & you use it!!
Works like Skyfire, but much faster, better, less adverts & social media crap.

FLASH
I used a newer flash than is linked to in many flash threads, download below link.
Flash 11, full page(XDA
), Other older version & original thread here
Check with this site: whatismyflash.com (it'll tell you if flash is installed & what version), test with any browsers before & then after you install these links... you'll see. Then goto Disney.com for flash testing.

HULU
Looks like you have to use the 1.6.2862 version of Puffin discussed above!
Don't upgrade!? When upgrading Puffin to 1.6.2922 it would no longer play Hulu! Received this notice:
"Hello! We notice that you are trying to access Hulu from your Android. It's not available..."

NETFLIX:
DL
stock app 1.2.1: - Disabled Update Check. com.netflix.mediaclient-v1.2.1 from here
Seems 1.2.1 is suppose to work perfect on an 800 mhz chip, while the current version is choppy. I'm going to try & report back, as mine is running OC'd very close to that!
(Current market ver = 1.6.0 @ post time)
UPDATE 1: Works unreal on 800 mhz tablet, booting phone into droid for test now!
Update 2: Keeps kicking me back out while loading movie to main Netflix menu...(still) BUT, i'm not on all the latest incremental updates AND I'm getting "low on space" Android error messages... will test more later. Give it a try & see if you get it working.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
Stumbled upon this while messing with 3 tablets I just got, got it working, tried on phone & works great also! Modded the original flash player to make it compatible for ARMV6 devices?!

Other reading & links 1, 2, 3, 4, NINESKY browser also?
Even if HULU doesn't work good enough for you, the flash part is great... (if you like or need flash)

Please post with any successes... (Dec 22, 2011)

auburnham 12-20-2011 02:28 PM

Re: Flash 11, Hulu, Puffin browser on SD XDAndroid

Flash11+Puffin Seems to have worked for me. Video is a little jerky, but I wasn't expecting better. Ninesky does not work for me. Thanks for the tip!

teradog 12-22-2011 11:14 AM

Thanks for the feedback... Sometimes I'm messing with the phone so much, not sure which fix worked.. :>))

There are sooooooo many claims of flash working, think I tried 50 before finding this... there are some simple flash game sites to keep my kids from driving me nuts in the back seat... It's amazing hulu plays at all! On our 500 mhz 2.5 yr old phones, running Android from an SD card... ha!

*edit* also surprised Puffin hasn't run into the same issue that Skyfire did with Hulu yet...
*edit 2* updated post 1, looks like the movie police got to them, the new Puffin won't play Hulu... so, ummm just use the old one :>))

biggoldbear 02-07-2012 05:56 PM

Very newb question, just got my TP2 yesterday and installed FRX07.1 so far so good. Now how do I install the Flash11, Puffin, etc.?
Do I download these to the SD card, then open while running android?

matchstickredgti 02-07-2012 09:47 PM

They're all just APKs (think CAB files for WinMo). Download them to your SD, open your file explorer and navigate to the files. Click to install.

You might get an error regarding untrusted applications of something like that. If you do, go to settings, applications, and check the 'unknown sources' box and try again.

arrrghhh 02-07-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matchstickredgti (Post 2167611)
They're all just APKs (think CAB files for WinMo). Download them to your SD, open your file explorer and navigate to the files. Click to install.

You might get an error regarding untrusted applications of something like that. If you do, go to settings, applications, and check the 'unknown sources' box and try again.

Or put them in the AndroidApps folder per the FAQ :thumbright:

biggoldbear 02-08-2012 06:41 PM

Thanks, I skimmed through the FAQ but has skipped over the APK section since I hadn't come across that term yet. :oops:

matchstickredgti 02-08-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2167618)
Or put them in the AndroidApps folder per the FAQ :thumbright:

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Been a while since I played with an SD build :)

biggoldbear 02-09-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggoldbear (Post 2167561)
Very newb question, just got my TP2 yesterday and installed FRX07.1 so far so good. Now how do I install the Flash11, Puffin, etc.?
Do I download these to the SD card, then open while running android?

Thanks to some advice from the board, I figured out how to try and install Flash 11 and Puffin. I tried to do these both at the same time. When neither of them seemed to be working, I uninstalled both of them, then reinstalled Flash first , then Puffin. I still get the "Sorry! The application Puffin (process.com.cloudmosa.puffin) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Also I'm not sure if Flash is working properly, how do you start this/know it is working, I can find it under applications, but in trying whatismyflash.com using Opera mobile or Dolphin HD detects no flash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure there are instructions in some FAQ or thread that I'm missing, though I have tried to look.:dontknow:

EyeB 02-11-2012 12:05 AM

I'm fairly impressed that it can run hulu and flash as well lol

too bad the phone processor isn't quick enough to play games well but can't complain lol