PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android Delays Releasing Honeycomb AOSP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142144)

Counterfeit 03-25-2011 10:12 PM

Android Delays Releasing Honeycomb AOSP

Google delays delivering Android Honeycomb for open source | Technology | Los Angeles Times

Meh :(

arrrghhh 03-25-2011 10:51 PM

Re: Android Delays Releasing Honeycomb AOSP

It's for tablets, I don't see why people want it on their phones :p.

Ice Cream is supposed to "merge" them, so look forward to that.

Considering our GB port isn't done lol I'd wait ;).

Counterfeit 03-26-2011 01:31 AM

Haven't heard much out of Ice Cream, I'll have to do some digging. This Honeycomb news disappoints me a bit for nook development but otherwise doesn't bother me too much. I never ran Honeycomb on my TP2.

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk

ndno 03-26-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Counterfeit (Post 2074085)
Haven't heard much out of Ice Cream, I'll have to do some digging. This Honeycomb news disappoints me a bit for nook development but otherwise doesn't bother me too much. I never ran Honeycomb on my TP2.

I believe Honeycomb is supposed to be compatible with "dual-core" tablet, like the Xoom. I just bought the Viewsonic G-tablet, which has the same processor as the Xoom; I'm going to flash it with VEGAn then wait for the Honeycomb port.

dkwatts 03-28-2011 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndno (Post 2074259)
I believe Honeycomb is supposed to be compatible with "dual-core" tablet, like the Xoom. I just bought the Viewsonic G-tablet, which has the same processor as the Xoom; I'm going to flash it with VEGAn then wait for the Honeycomb port.

Deciding between a Viewsonic G-tablet vs sprint nexus s 4g (+ $20/month extra on sero)? Is the Viewsonic G-tablet a no-brainer?

jae18708 03-28-2011 11:19 PM

Google its a love hate relationship. One day open source is so great for android , next day Google doesn't release the source for reasons that would actually benefit them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ndno 03-29-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkwatts (Post 2074925)
Deciding between a Viewsonic G-tablet vs sprint nexus s 4g (+ $20/month extra on sero)? Is the Viewsonic G-tablet a no-brainer?

I heard the screen is pretty bad and the stock software is pretty bad; however, everything else, hardware-wise, is awesome, equivalent to a xoom. I'm going flash mine with the VEGAn rom and it will blow an ipad to pieces. I bought mine new for $285 at woot.com; still haven't received it yet. Planning to tether it off my tp2.

Sent from my FRX05-ized TP2

Counterfeit 04-02-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndno (Post 2074259)

Meant to say Gingerbread :) Yes I saw that deal! Videos of it looked sweet. Wonder how it would be for eReading. Id like to get some sort of tablet for graduation and one requirement would be the ability to read books on. A rooted nook looks nice, and it has a good price point.