PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   GEN.Y dual boot users... help? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141530)

domoarigato 03-06-2011 04:15 PM

GEN.Y dual boot users... help?

hey guys

im trying to dual boot android using caulkins dual boot rom.

i am currently using ndmo's android package "froyoxred."

i downloaded v1.0.5 of the dual boot rom, but i installed the v1.0.6 cab over it to let me change the boot directory.

i have it currently pointed to "\Storage Card\froyoxred\haret.exe" because thats where the file is located.

the app still says android is missing.

any ideas?

thanks

Counterfeit 03-06-2011 04:28 PM

Re: GEN.Y dual boot users... help?

Try just "froyoxred" instead.

demonlordoftheround 03-06-2011 04:45 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Yeah, that would be my guess also.

killerkhatiby009 03-08-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domoarigato (Post 2064995)
hey guys

im trying to dual boot android using caulkins dual boot rom.

i am currently using ndmo's android package "froyoxred."

i downloaded v1.0.5 of the dual boot rom, but i installed the v1.0.6 cab over it to let me change the boot directory.

i have it currently pointed to "\Storage Card\froyoxred\haret.exe" because thats where the file is located.

the app still says android is missing.

any ideas?

thanks

As I understand it, even the latest Gen. Y Dualboot version only lets you boot from either the root or the andboot folder on the SDcard, so just rename it to andboot and make sure you have changed the correct registry key so that it looks at the SD card under that folder.

arrrghhh 03-08-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 (Post 2065934)
As I understand it, even the latest Gen. Y Dualboot version only lets you boot from either the root or the andboot folder on the SDcard, so just rename it to andboot and make sure you have changed the correct registry key so that it looks at the SD card under that folder.

Not true. I have Android 2 folders deep, and it works just fine. Just need to follow the steps in the Gen.Y thread properly. That last part always gets people... :rolleyes:

poqeteer 03-09-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2065940)
Not true. I have Android 2 folders deep, and it works just fine. Just need to follow the steps in the Gen.Y thread properly. That last part always gets people... :rolleyes:

Now be nice... It's took me a while to figure, so let me try to explain- You have to edit the registry (I use Total Commander) to make the change to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gen.Y\DualBOOT\AndroidB ootFolder key value. You ONLY need to enter the path after 'Storage Card' to where you have the haret.exe. The full path to haret.exe for me would be:

\Storage Card\AndroidStartups\FRX05\haret.exe

So for me I entered:

AndroidStartups\FRX05

arrrghhh 03-09-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poqeteer (Post 2066245)
Now be nice... It's took me a while to figure, so let me try to explain- You have to edit the registry (I use Total Commander) to make the change to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gen.Y\DualBOOT\AndroidB ootFolder key value. You ONLY need to enter the path after 'Storage Card' to where you have the haret.exe. The full path to haret.exe for me would be:

\Storage Card\AndroidStartups\FRX05\haret.exe

So for me I entered:

AndroidStartups\FRX05

Yes, this is explained in the Gen.Y thread. Perhaps it's not described very well, but in the Gen.Y thread it is outlined how to do this...

poqeteer 03-09-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2066247)
Yes, this is explained in the Gen.Y thread. Perhaps it's not described very well, but in the Gen.Y thread it is outlined how to do this...

No I agree... That's why I tried offering my, hopefully, clearer explanation... ;)

BTW Thanks for all the great work!!!!

domoarigato 03-09-2011 05:21 PM

thanks for the replies all. sorry for not reading more in depth.

my error was including the \storage card\ in the boot path string.

however, i went to another rom because the GPS never really worked well with the GEN Y because it stripped the HTC QUICK GPS.

reeshmd23 03-11-2011 06:05 PM

when i try to open cab to edit with total commander it says file to big only 64k supported