PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   ~Home=endbutton||power only wake||endcall=backmute Update 02/10/2011: new ril commit~ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139678)

MassStash 01-14-2011 07:00 PM

~Home=endbutton||power only wake||endcall=backmute Update 02/10/2011: new ril commit~

power button = panel on-off/power options || end button = home/recent apps

Anyone WITHOUT the mute button the back of the rhodium, aka raph and gsm rhods i think, go to settings/accessibility/power button to end calls. If you are fortunate enough to have the mute on back of rhod button like myself, enjoy being able to turn screen on/off, use home key, and/or then end calls with the mute button. Pretty business in my opinion....

Also, this is the most current "Add new ril binary based on emwe's xdandroid-ril commit d7162101," if not obvious enough already

http://www.lantowcorporations.com/an...10-2cb7ec0.zip

manekineko 01-14-2011 08:02 PM

Re: anti buttons wake, rootfs

Good stuff!

I don't think I can give up F22's modified rootfs that makes the end key the home button, any chance you'd be interested in making a version that integrates that as well?

Here's F22's version I'm talking about:
xda-developers - View Single Post - Home, Power & End Buttons

MassStash 01-14-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manekineko (Post 2036904)
Good stuff!

I don't think I can give up F22's modified rootfs that makes the end key the home button, any chance you'd be interested in making a version that integrates that as well?

Here's F22's version I'm talking about:
xda-developers - View Single Post - Home, Power & End Buttons

it is

manekineko 01-16-2011 07:38 PM

Great stuff. I've got this running on mine and everything works perfectly as advertised.

Sliding open the keyboard on my Touch Pro 2 also wakes it, but I consider that a feature rather than a bug.

MassStash 01-17-2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manekineko (Post 2037885)
Great stuff. I've got this running on mine and everything works perfectly as advertised.

Sliding open the keyboard on my Touch Pro 2 also wakes it, but I consider that a feature rather than a bug.

werd, same here. thanks bro

MassStash 02-11-2011 01:07 AM

Re: ~Home=endbutton||power only wake||endcall=backmute Update 02/10/2011: new ril com

update

ndno 02-11-2011 01:34 AM

Re: ~Home=endbutton||power only wake||endcall=backmute Update 02/10/2011: new ril com

With this work with either Tiad8's build or FRX04? Thanks.

MassStash 02-11-2011 05:28 PM

yes.....? Believe so

docnas 02-21-2011 01:35 PM

I know im gonna look stupid but my end key wont hang up a call! now correct me if im wrong but shouldnt the end key end a call?? Personally i like using my end key to get to the home screen ( like winmo ) but i still like to use it to end my calls also.

Am i missing something is there anyway i can have my cake and eat it too? (ie end key to end calls, when calling, otherwise go to homescreen)

docnas 02-21-2011 01:42 PM

Ok my bad i went thru F22s thread on XDA and read this

"A long press of the home button will also pull up the recent apps list. NOTE: If you do this, you will lose the endcall button when you gain the Home button. You can still end a call by pressing Menu and then tapping end call. Alternately you can go into Settings->Accessibility and check the box that says: Power Button Ends Call. This will give the power button the additional ability to end calls during a call."

so thats what i did.