PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   [ v1.2 ] Calkulin's Stripped ROMs for Android - DualBOOT - 6.5 & 6.1 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113402)

Calkulin 03-09-2010 10:44 AM

Re: [ ROM ] Calkulin's Stripped ROM for Android - 29MB :-)

I fixed the sound issue, while managing to reduce it to 28MB

agrenwa 03-09-2010 10:45 AM

Re: [ ROM ] Calkulin's Stripped ROM for Android - 29MB :-)

The download link is not working, can you upload it again, Thanks.

Calkulin 03-09-2010 11:44 AM

Re: [ ROM ] Calkulin's Stripped ROM for Android - 28MB :-)

v1.1 is up with the sound fixed and added back the links for activesync & messaging

00_MACKIE_00 03-09-2010 11:49 AM

Re: [ ROM ] Calkulin's Stripped ROM for Android - 28MB :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calkulin (Post 1617467)
v1.1 is up with the sound fixed and added back the links for activesync & messaging

SWEET nice work Calk. Appreciate your efforts.

cflynt 03-09-2010 12:31 PM

Re: [ ROM ][ v1.1 ] Calkulin's Stripped ROM for Android - 28MB :-)

Thanks Calkulin, especially for adding Activesync and Messaging back in, so that we can use the basics of the phone while charging! :)

elosogrande7076 03-09-2010 12:55 PM

Just to make sure I understand whats going and dont mess up my phone...lol....we just need to download this Rom and flash it like we would a normal Rom and we will have working TP2 and Android together? Or does this replace Winmo all together? Just want to make sure i understand...thanks all

Biggzz 03-09-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 (Post 1617609)
Just to make sure I understand whats going and dont mess up my phone...lol....we just need to download this Rom and flash it like we would a normal Rom and we will have working TP2 and Android together? Or does this replace Winmo all together? Just want to make sure i understand...thanks all

This is base ROM that you can use to run Android on. It is designed for speed and memory.

elosogrande7076 03-09-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggzz (Post 1617618)
This is base ROM that you can use to run Android on. It is designed for speed and memory.

But it wont replace windows will it? I guess i just wanted to make sure that if i flashed this then wanted to go back to my TP2 Rom if i had to reflash it or not...going to try it out...thanks

Calkulin 03-09-2010 01:11 PM

Yes it replaces your current ROM with mine, so if you want to use Windows, I would suggest you keep the ROM you have as mine is only meant to run Android

raidzero 03-09-2010 01:49 PM

Calk, do you mind sharing what you left in SYS that the phone has only what it absolutely requires??

edit: I just used my basic 23541 as a SYS, my xip and oem stuff, removed all my WM stuff, replaced with the android files, made app.dats for the file locations, copied the android files to the kitchen, used app.dats to position them all.. finally created a link to haret.exe and put in startup and it works. I have android files on my SD so I am not sure if they are required, pretty sure they are.. but it boots quickly! Will report if SD card with xdandroid files are needed in a bit. I am sure they are... it cant be this easy lol

alright, haret loads and everything but then immediately goes to "waiting for SD card" whether or not the files are in main memory..

wonder if there are any switches to haret to tell it where to find initrd.gz? maybe in startup config?

edit2: well it looks like we just cannot access the flash memory from android yet, so that is out the window. this is I would suppose as best as it can get at the moment :)