PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

biff6789 03-11-2010 09:29 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

So when major changes roll down the pipeline (like wifi, data, sounds, etc...) where do they come from? And by that I mean which part of the port? Are these usually from babijoee's XDAndroid thread (MrPippy's first instruction in the first post), or are they from the glemsom kernel builds (MrPippy's second instruction in the first post)?

00_MACKIE_00 03-11-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biff6789 (Post 1624015)
So when major changes roll down the pipeline (like wifi, data, sounds, etc...) where do they come from? And by that I mean which part of the port? Are these usually from babijoee's XDAndroid thread, or are they from the glemsom kernel builds?

post # 1 - thats it!

Eschelon 03-11-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1624020)
post # 1 - thats it!

I think he's asking which of those two parts actually contain the major enhancements to the build when they come out... In other words, when data got working, did that come from babijoee's full OS build over at XDA, or do they come from the daily kernel updates from phhusson et. al. over at glemsom

EGOvoruhk 03-11-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biff6789 (Post 1624015)
So when major changes roll down the pipeline (like wifi, data, sounds, etc...) where do they come from? And by that I mean which part of the port? Are these usually from babijoee's XDAndroid thread (MrPippy's first instruction in the first post), or are they from the glemsom kernel builds (MrPippy's second instruction in the first post)?

Most everyone is a collaborator here: http://gitorious.org/xdandroid-eclair including our very own MrPippy. Everything usually either comes from there, or is built specifically for stuff like when the first CDMA builds started happening, and then everything ended up back there. Sometime in the near future you'll no longer have to download the rootfs from the first page, you'll just be able to pick up an autobuild

gmfeny 03-11-2010 09:51 PM

I need help guys I'm trying to get this running but where do I put the files? And after I install how do I open it there isn't a shortcut in the programs menu?

Eschelon 03-11-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmfeny (Post 1624079)
I need help guys I'm trying to get this running but where do I put the files? And after I install how do I open it there isn't a shortcut in the programs menu?

Hardy har har

Seriously, though. If you hadn't posted in here before showing us that you already know what you're doing, the tension in this thread might have reached critical mass ;)

00_MACKIE_00 03-11-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmfeny (Post 1624079)

lol....How do we flash this ? Is this like a rom?

fr0st 03-11-2010 10:03 PM

Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/958; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

why isnt there any sound? I even tried to plug in my headphones!

gmfeny 03-11-2010 10:05 PM

lol I thought I would pull a fast one on ya... ha oh well thanx anyways for the help... And good job Eschelon with searching my old post everybody take notes lol.

rushco 03-11-2010 10:06 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

i would say we should take the 20 most asked questions and create a faq but that has already been done. :(