PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113373)

johnpro112 03-08-2010 07:11 PM

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Hey guy's my market place is working somewhat but whenever i choose to download something it just stay stuck on saying "starting download..." does any know how to fix or any ideas? i have 3g on and wifi is on but the sim card is in the phone... I might try with the sim card out and see if that fixes anything

sjs01 03-08-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnpro112 (Post 1615999)
Hey guy's my market place is working somewhat but whenever i choose to download something it just stay stuck on saying "starting download..." does any know how to fix or any ideas? i have 3g on and wifi is on

I think I read that someone had the same problem and they rebooted the phone then booted android back up and it worked. I'm not sure, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Biggzz 03-08-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjclemd (Post 1615948)
Syny your phone with your computer while in windows mobile... then open your gmail account on the computer... click on contacts(left side of the screen)... Click on import(right side of the screen) then browse for the .csv file that outlook uses for your contacts... the .csv file should be in c://Users/"whoever"/contacts... This should store all your contacts into your gmail account :)

The next time you boot android, sync your phone with gmail and voila!!! you should have all your contacts.

Feel free to PM me with any questions and I will try to help :)

Thats great...I am trying to sync my calendar from Microsoft Exchange, any help there? All my contacts synced but not my appointments.

skuddy 03-08-2010 07:19 PM

okay ive attempted about 5 times to boot this. and waiting a minimum of 15 minutes for the boot sequence and have yet to get it to work. does anyone have a detailed guide on how to make it work. *sadface*

JustusIV 03-08-2010 07:20 PM

Is there a prebuilt 3-7-10? Directions seem easy enough, but if someone has put it into a nice package allready, yeah yeah i am lazy.

I appreciate civ and pips work, and i feel my first donation coming on :)

johnpro112 03-08-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjs01 (Post 1616005)
I think I read that someone had the same problem and they rebooted the phone then booted android back up and it worked. I'm not sure, but it doesn't hurt to try.

thanks
I rebooted without my sim card and it work but I had to cancel my downloads for them to start downloading. Idk if simcard was an issue or was it just a mishap that my market wasn't working with the sim card in.

sfxc13 03-08-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggzz (Post 1616016)
Thats great...I am trying to sync my calendar from Microsoft Exchange, any help there? All my contacts synced but not my appointments.

exchange appointments don't sync. If you want your exchange appts you will need to sync them with google

Quote:

Originally Posted by skuddy (Post 1616017)
okay ive attempted about 5 times to boot this. and waiting a minimum of 15 minutes for the boot sequence and have yet to get it to work. does anyone have a detailed guide on how to make it work. *sadface*

remove sim, make sure your sd card is big enough (I would say at least 2gbs). Also class 4 or higher is recommended but may not be necessary.

Start with a clean card and try again. Where is it freezing? Is the card partitioned?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustusIV (Post 1616019)
Is there a prebuilt 3-7-10? Directions seem easy enough, but if someone has put it into a nice package allready, yeah yeah i am lazy.

I appreciate civ and pips work, and i feel my first donation coming on :)

There is one somewhere in this thread ...

flyers2114 03-08-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1615774)

Flyers, thanks for the all in one zip, I can't find the actual post so post again so I can thank you :p

Good idea on the re-post...this is getting overloaded quick....I also am going to PM Mr. Pippy so that maube we can get up in the first post for everyone.....

For those that do not know this is an all in one zip....no need to do anything but unzip and drop alll the files in the root of the SDcard.....

Here is the original post by me.....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=69

skuddy 03-08-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfxc13 (Post 1616024)
remove sim, make sure your sd card is big enough (I would say at least 2gbs). Also class 4 or higher is recommended but may not be necessary.

okay, no sim card so check on that one. 4gb card, dont know about the class. trying the repost of the zip.

milkycoins 03-08-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skuddy (Post 1616017)

I had this same problem when I first tried and the boot screen kept looping over and over again. It turned out that i didnt have enough room on my storage card for the Android files. Try deleting a few of the larger files that may already be on there.

Also, did you extract the files to the root of your SD Card, or is your Sim in? Just checking