PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 08:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Take all the Android files off and try again. A hang at Haret is usually caused by booting Android when Winmo is overclocked.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro2
Carrier: sprintless

touch-this-pro is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

i am over-clocking, but after i read the last couple comments it seems that I shouldn't.
Ok i am over clocking with Msm7kCPUspeed and I went back to defaults 528 and 50 polling and it still gets stuck.

Do i have to uninstall Msm7kcpuspeed and the SetCpuseed-1.0 in order to get Haret to boot?
thanks
Old 12-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Almost a VIP

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

you have to kill mortscript if that is how setcpuspeed works. Try uninstalling setcpuspeed, reboot the phone, then boot haret and see what happens.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

aaah ok, i got it to work, but now the android is stuck on airplane mode.
thanks
Old 01-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch-this-pro View Post
aaah ok, i got it to work, but now the android is stuck on airplane mode.
thanks
force_cdma=?

Replace the ? with a 1 or 0, depending if you're GSM or CDMA.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Looks like the first post hasn't been updated since March. Is it still up to date? I'd rather not read all 194 pages to get caught up...

Can someone fill me in on the latest? I'd like to get Android running on my old Touch Pro 2 if I can. I don't plan on using the phone portion of it though just the Android Market, headphone jack, maybe the speaker, and WiFi.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
force_cdma=?

no, that was not it. After couple more android reboots, I got it to work. Not sure why, but the command force_cmda=1 was properly there.

So, finally i can boot on the Android!!!! I know now it was over-clocking the issue.

Now, when I go back to 528Hz in the Windows side, Haret still freezes while booting. why is that?
Old 01-01-2011, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
Looks like the first post hasn't been updated since March. Is it still up to date? I'd rather not read all 194 pages to get caught up...

Can someone fill me in on the latest? I'd like to get Android running on my old Touch Pro 2 if I can. I don't plan on using the phone portion of it though just the Android Market, headphone jack, maybe the speaker, and WiFi.
Go to the first page and download the single cab file (link in the first few sentences).

Make sure that you are not over-clocking on the windows side. Install in the Storage card and you should have android in your TP2. (choose Rhod400 for TP2 while booting android).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Almost a VIP

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch-this-pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
force_cdma=?

no, that was not it. After couple more android reboots, I got it to work. Not sure why, but the command force_cmda=1 was properly there.

So, finally i can boot on the Android!!!! I know now it was over-clocking the issue.

Now, when I go back to 528Hz in the Windows side, Haret still freezes while booting. why is that?
check your files and startup again. try deleting the data file and let android create a new one.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

check your files and startup again. try deleting the data file and let android create a new one.

which one is the data file? is it in the andboot folder simply called data? it is like 256 MB.
thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2