PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Just use the Fancy Widget apk I've attached. Put it in the AndroidApps folder. Then just put the widget on your home screen - bam, clock & weather.

My contact pics on GMail pull thru... not sure how to get Facebook pics as user pics tho. I'm sure if you set their pic in your GMail contacts it'll work (this assumes you sync your contact list with your GMail account).
To get facebook pics for contacts download syncmypix from the market, works like a charm
Old 10-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis View Post
To get facebook pics for contacts download syncmypix from the market, works like a charm
Ha, I won't use this but thanks for the tip. I'm sure a lot of other people will
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: US Cellular

bnsd90 is a n00b

Hello Gents,
I have looked through, but am not sure which post has the most updated version, or if the original post in continuously updated? If someone could help me out, that would be great?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnsd90 View Post
Hello Gents,
I have looked through, but am not sure which post has the most updated version, or if the original post in continuously updated? If someone could help me out, that would be great?
First post is the most up to date - but not in this thread

Check out this thread - it's in the stickies!
Old 11-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2 iphone3gs
Carrier: t-mobile

termeli is a n00b

how long does it take to booting.
Haret searched with search and booted.
boats continued for 4.5 hours and 1 hour if the screen is the same, or so it seems
4.5 hours long you can not use mobile
Old 11-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by termeli View Post
how long does it take to booting.
Haret searched with search and booted.
boats continued for 4.5 hours and 1 hour if the screen is the same, or so it seems
4.5 hours long you can not use mobile
I uh... am not sure how to respond to this one. First, look at the sticky's - this thread is OLD.

Second, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to boot. If it does, you're in a bootloop. If you're running an up-to-date build this should not happen.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

paul2628 is a n00b

why does the sim card have to be out....?
Old 12-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2628
why does the sim card have to be out....?
Can't see who your carrier is but the SIM card does nothing for CDMA phones and Android will randomly find it even when the startup text reads force_cdma=1. When that happens your phone will show No Service.

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 12-28-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro2
Carrier: sprintless

touch-this-pro is just getting started

man, i can not get this Android to boot up for nothing.
It freezes right after i hit boot and the haret.exe bar swipes to the right completely. Then have to take battery out to restart.

I have re-installed 3 times, format my SD card once, made sure the force_cmda=1 is there.

Not sure what else I have to do. I am installing from the cab: Project Android 2.2BLAZN.0.92810.cab and yes i have downloaded a fresh copy.

Interestingly enough, when i hit update to the 11/24/10 version, it will update but still will not boot.

Also, I had installed android previously, about a month ago and it worked fine. But i had to re-flash for a bug. I installed mightyrom again, but no luck now with the android.

any help?
thanks
Old 12-31-2010, 01:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Are you overclocked?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2