PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [TESTING] Rhod AGPS (XTRA) support (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149104)

detule 02-12-2012 12:21 PM

[TESTING] Rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Update ( 03/08 ) Seems gsm rhod users are using the lib without any problems (per reports on xda) - changing the name and updating this post to reflect this - no longer specializing in CDMA.
************************************************** ************************************************** ***

As the name suggests, this is a thread to test and develop aGPS support for RHOD.


This is a testing thread, so please, only for users that have a working proficiency with adb. Do NOT post in this thread reporting a bug, unless you provide complete GetLogs output capturing the issue. In addition, please provide logcat output of the boot sequence (as this is when xtra_set_data is called by default, and when the data injections happens.) All other posts will be ignored.

Q: What is XTRA?
A: A collection of instructions that allow userland (Android) to communicate with the GPS engine in our devices. In particular, they allow for Android to inject data packets that contain satellite information, which in turn drastically reduces the time to get GPS lock. In short, without it, a GPS lock takes a long, long time from a "cold start". If it's working, with a "cold start" you should be able to get a GPS lock in less than 30 seconds (provided you are outside with clear skies).

If you like to contribute to this thread, please do so only if you are using GBX0B since this is the build that I have and the only one that I can debug.

Installation and download instructions follow.

Please read the entire post carefully.

First thing is first: These libs are stock xdandroid libs with tytung's aGPS patches from Leo ported over. He is to be credited, along with all other xdandroid developers who have put in work in the xdandroid stock libs. If you would like to redistribute or modify this lib, please read the disclaimer in tytung's post. In compliance with his request, the full source code for this lib can be found here.

0. You need a working data (3G) connection (this could possibly work over WiFi, I just haven't had time to check).

1. Download gps.xdandroid.so from the downloads section. This lib needs to go in /system/lib/hw . In gbx0b, this means, either
a) Mount bind the lib in gingerbread.user.conf by adding the command
Code:

mount --bind <path_to_lib_on_sdcard>/gps.xdandroid.so /system/lib/hw/gps.xdandroid.so
or
b) Back up and replace the existing lib in system/lib/hw . Note first, you need to remount /system as rw.

(In either case, verify that you have the correct lib in place (by running md5sum) BEFORE reporting an issue.)

2. Make sure GPS is on in Settings. Turn off the device. Pull the battery and wait at least 10 minutes (to ensure all information is cleared from the gps engine).

3. Boot back in xdandroid - xtra.bin is inserted automatically shortly after bootanimation is over. If you have booted with GPS on and this lib, and you run logcat, you should hopefully see something like this in your logcat:

Code:

02-12 00:23:34.985 D/gps_rpc ( 1312): pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40b2b568, 400, 57, 100, 1)=1
02-12 00:23:34.985 D/gps_msm7k( 1312): gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 58/100, len = 400

4. Test: Either use google maps, or a gps testing app from the market. I like Gps Status.

Additional Information:

Currently, xtra.bin is downloaded every time you reboot into Android provided that GPS was checked as ON when you were booting the device. If you would like to inject it manually, you can use tytung's excellent aGPS Injector App (again, need to make sure GPS is checked ON in Settings when trying to inject xtra.bin manually).

Known issues:

1) I *think* currently accuracy is being computed incorrectly. Need to look into it a bit further, but yeah don't put too much stock in the accuracy information.

Download:
02-12 gps.xdandroid.so

arrrghhh 02-12-2012 12:52 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Thanks man, will try this now.

Sweet! This works on OMGB as well. Just be sure to rename gps.rhodium.so to gps.rhodium.bak or whatever, then take gps.xdandroid.so and rename it to gps.rhodium.so. I also chmodded it to 644, to match the other files.

detule 02-12-2012 12:54 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Reserving in case thread becomes insanely popular.

mbellot 02-12-2012 04:46 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by detule (Post 2168448)
3. Boot back in xdandroid - xtra.bin is inserted automatically shortly after bootanimation is over. Ensure you have GPS enabled in Settings->Location. If you have booted with GPS on and this lib, and you run logcat, you should hopefully see something like this in your logcat:

Code:

02-12 00:23:34.985 D/gps_rpc ( 1312): pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40b2b568, 400, 57, 100, 1)=1
02-12 00:23:34.985 D/gps_msm7k( 1312): gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 58/100, len = 400

4. Test: Either use google maps, or a gps testing app from the market. I like Gps Status.

Additional Information:

Currently, xtra.bin is downloaded every time you reboot into Android. If you would like to injetct it manually, you can use tytung's excellent aGPS Injector App.

Two quick questions.

1. Will XTRA data get injected automatically if you boot with GPS off and then turn it on? Your explanation above seems to say "no", but I wanted to be certain.

2. I rebooted with GPS on and the new lib, I am seeing the two lines you posted, but it is followed by what appears to be a failure message.

Code:

02-12 13:11:44.300 D/gps_rpc (  121): pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x407d84b0, 400, 94, 100, 1)=1

02-12 13:11:44.300 D/gps_msm7k(  121): gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 95/100, len = 400

02-12 13:11:44.300 D/gps_rpc (  121): xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x407d8640, 400, 95, 100

02-12 13:11:44.300 E/gps_rpc (  121): dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5

02-12 13:11:44.310 D/gps_rpc (  121): pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0

Is that expected (the unknown procid message), or is it failing on something?

I'm running OMGB on a RHOD400 with Boost service, I'll try getting a position lock next, but wanted to post about the possible log issue.

detule 02-12-2012 08:52 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbellot (Post 2168474)
Two quick questions.

1. Will XTRA data get injected automatically if you boot with GPS off and then turn it on? Your explanation above seems to say "no", but I wanted to be certain.

Downloading xtra.bin is currently not part of the gps init sequence (which is a mistake), rather, it is controlled as part of a frameworks call that is related to updating the network state. So to answer your question : "it depends" on the build you are using, and how it handles the HAL init/de-init sequence. The good news is, there is infrastructure for the gps library itself to ask Android to initiate download of the xtra binary and to pass it along for an injection. Later down the road we can implement this in the gps init sequence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbellot (Post 2168474)
2. I rebooted with GPS on and the new lib, I am seeing the two lines you posted, but it is followed by what appears to be a failure message.

The short story is, after each rpc call to the gps chip, it comes back to us with a message (dispatch). Currently, we (I) have no idea what it is, and I haven't had time to dump it. I am hoping it's a message saying "a-ok", and the fact that the injection is working on my device supports this conclusion. However, when Mokkun was trying to get this lib going on a gsm device, I saw an un-interrupted stream of these dispatches trailing the final data injection. This is likely an indication of failure, and whoever picks this up on the gsm side will have to dump those messages to figure out what's wrong.

I just took a look at your log and I see the same sequence of trailing dispatches after the injection is over, so I assume the gps lock never worked for you. Could you try manually asking for the injection by using tytung's aGPS Injector?

mbellot 02-13-2012 12:37 AM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by detule (Post 2168501)
Downloading xtra.bin is currently not part of the gps init sequence (which is a mistake), rather, it is controlled as part of a frameworks call that is related to updating the network state. So to answer your question : "it depends" on the build you are using, and how it handles the HAL init/de-init sequence. The good news is, there is infrastructure for the gps library itself to ask Android to initiate download of the xtra binary and to pass it along for an injection. Later down the road we can implement this in the gps init sequence.

Fair enough, we are in a testing thread. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by detule (Post 2168501)
I just took a look at your log and I see the same sequence of trailing dispatches after the injection is over, so I assume the gps lock never worked for you. Could you try manually asking for the injection by using tytung's aGPS Injector?

I was actually inside for that whole sequence. :oops:

I tried another test this evening (no logs, sorry). Pulled the battery around 4:30pm. Took the phone out with me tonight around 5pm while doing some grilling in the snow, popped the battery in and booted the phone (left GPS on before I did the battery pull). The phone booted, I loaded Maps and had a lock in something like 15-20 seconds. Maps claimed +/- 10 meters accuracy.

If a cold start set of logs while outside would be useful let me know and I'll do it up.

I'm going to beat on it a little tomorrow, using it for navigation to and from work.

wizardknight 02-13-2012 05:46 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Thank you so much for trying to get this working. It is one of the features I have missed sooooo much.Do you have to use gps.xdandroid.so , or can you just use the manual app Leo AGPS Injector?

detule 02-13-2012 06:50 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wizardknight (Post 2168623)
Do you have to use gps.xdandroid.so , or can you just use the manual app Leo AGPS Injector?

Read the first post carefully. You need gps.xdandroid.so The app is just so you can control when xtra.bin is injected.

mbellot 02-14-2012 10:42 AM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Missed yesterday, but ran navigation this morning and everything was flawless (minus the accuracy issues).

I had booted with GPS off, gave the system about a minute to try and lock with no luck so I rebooted with GPS on. It had lock within 10 seconds of rebooting and getting Maps loaded. I've downloaded the injector app so I don't have to do that any more.

Only problem (possibly unrelated) is shortly after stopping navigation the phone had a full blown SOD. /proc/last_kmsg will be in the OMGB thread since that's my base distro, but I looked and didn't see anything obvious.

detule 02-14-2012 04:57 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbellot (Post 2168710)
Missed yesterday, but ran navigation this morning and everything was flawless (minus the accuracy issues).

Glad it's working for you. I suspect the SOD has nothing to do with the gps lib - ACL seems to be on top of it.

mbellot 02-16-2012 12:54 AM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Just a quick update, but this has worked flawlessly several times now.

Even more impressive is that I haven't experienced a single lockup while using Maps/Navigation. The previous version of the lib would reliably (50/50 or so) lock up my phone with more than 20 minutes of usage.

And the injector works great for those times I forget to leave GPS on when rebooting.

detule 02-16-2012 09:07 AM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbellot (Post 2169016)
Just a quick update, but this has worked flawlessly several times now.
.....
And the injector works great for those times I forget to leave GPS on when rebooting.

Thanks for your continued feedback - glad no issues have cropped up. There are some other features that we can implement (like automatic xtra.bin download requests originating in the gps engine itself), but with tytung's aGPS Injector working so well, I am very unmotivated to do so.

arrrghhh 02-16-2012 09:39 AM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by detule (Post 2169051)
Thanks for your continued feedback - glad no issues have cropped up. There are some other features that we can implement (like automatic xtra.bin download requests originating in the gps engine itself), but with tytung's aGPS Injector working so well, I am very unmotivated to do so.

lol, you've done great work so far with it. I'm sure if you get bored you can enhance the lib :thumbright:

nickleby 02-16-2012 02:15 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Hi detule, thanks for sharing this!

I'm running GBX0B on my RHOD500, and I've replaced the file correctly but I think there's something wrong with my phone or something else because I cannot get a gps lock. I ran a logcat and I noticed this around all the log:

Code:

D/gps_msm7k( 1302): gps_state_init: done
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): gps_get_extension('gps-debug') is called
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): gps_get_extension('gps-xtra') is called
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): gps_xtra_init() is called
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): gps_get_extension('agps') is called
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): agps_init() is called
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): agps_set_server() is called
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): type=1, hostname=supl.google.com, port=7276
D/gps_msm7k( 1302): gps_get_extension('agps_ril') is called

And then, I noticed a lot of this:
Code:

D/gps_msm7k( 1302): gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 97/97, len = 90
D/gps_rpc ( 1302): xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x409373e0, 90, 97, 97
E/gps_rpc ( 1302): dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
D/gps_rpc ( 1302): pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
D/gps_rpc ( 1302): pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x409373e0, 90, 97, 97, 1)=1
E/gps_rpc ( 1302): dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
E/gps_rpc ( 1302): dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
E/gps_rpc ( 1302): dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
E/gps_rpc ( 1302): dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5

I used GPS Status, GPS Test and Google Maps but no luck getting a gps lock, I even pulled the battery for about 30 minutes before test it again... I'll try tonight again and I'll try with tytung's aGPS injector app.

arrrghhh 02-16-2012 05:01 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickleby (Post 2169101)
I used GPS Status, GPS Test and Google Maps but no luck getting a gps lock, I even pulled the battery for about 30 minutes before test it again... I'll try tonight again and I'll try with tytung's aGPS injector app.

Post complete logs for detule... ;)

nickleby 02-17-2012 11:47 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2169163)
Post complete logs for detule... ;)

Yeah, sorry :D

Here's: Logcat

BTW, I've found those things on the log (is not related to this thread, but it will be good if someone can point me to what does it means) Sorry for the off topic detule :-P

Code:

D/RenderScript_jni( 1291): RenderScript JNI library not found!
E/Sensors ( 1327): Couldn't open /dev/lightsensor (No such file or directory)


detule 02-21-2012 04:31 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickleby (Post 2169465)
Yeah, sorry :D

Here's: Logcat

Sorry, can't figure out why it's not working for you. The GPS library is a ridiculous reverse engineering effort (by some xdandroid developers, not me) based on calls to the rpc router obtained from winmo dll-s. The rpc router itself is a black box to me, and the only thing I know how to interpret are messages like this one

Code:

D/gps_rpc ( 1302): pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
(and their counterparts in the dmesg output.)

clnt_stat=0 is what you want, meaning RPC_SUCCESS, i.e. we hailed the rpc router with a correctly formatted message and it returned success. So looking at your log it *should* be working.

I don't recognize your radio version and/or carrier. Is this a cdma operator? If so, I am not suggesting you do this, but perhaps the verizon radio (which I am using) makes a difference? Note I am not suggesting you do this, since I have no idea what kind of an effect flashing the verizon radio would have considering you are using the device abroad (could render it useless for all i know).

nickleby 02-21-2012 05:59 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by detule (Post 2169918)
Sorry, can't figure out why it's not working for you. The GPS library is a ridiculous reverse engineering effort (by some xdandroid developers, not me) based on calls to the rpc router obtained from winmo dll-s. The rpc router itself is a black box to me, and the only thing I know how to interpret are messages like this one

Code:

D/gps_rpc ( 1302): pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
(and their counterparts in the dmesg output.)

clnt_stat=0 is what you want, meaning RPC_SUCCESS, i.e. we hailed the rpc router with a correctly formatted message and it returned success. So looking at your log it *should* be working.

I don't recognize your radio version and/or carrier. Is this a cdma operator? If so, I am not suggesting you do this, but perhaps the verizon radio (which I am using) makes a difference? Note I am not suggesting you do this, since I have no idea what kind of an effect flashing the verizon radio would have considering you are using the device abroad (could render it useless for all i know).

Yeah, I'm in a CDMA carrier...Maybe it's what you're saying, the radio. My HTC RhodiumW is kind of weird, is a RHOD500 with the keyboard layout of a RHOD400. My device is still under waranty so I'm not gonna mess with the ROM/Radio... Now that I think about it, on Windows Phone 6.5 is very difficult to me to get a faster lock just using QuickGPS, I always had to use the "HTC GPS Tool" app with the "Cold Start" option to get a faster lock. I just wish to have an app like that for Android :lol:

arrrghhh 02-21-2012 06:10 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickleby (Post 2169932)
Yeah, I'm in a CDMA carrier...Maybe it's what you're saying, the radio. My HTC RhodiumW is kind of weird, is a RHOD500 with the keyboard layout of a RHOD400. My device is still under waranty so I'm not gonna mess with the ROM/Radio... Now that I think about it, on Windows Phone 6.5 is very difficult to me to get a faster lock just using QuickGPS, I always had to use the "HTC GPS Tool" app with the "Cold Start" option to get a faster lock. I just wish to have an app like that for Android :lol:

There is, GPS Status.

Tytung's app should work as well. However, there still are some things that are not implemented, so they might not work.

What radio version are you running? It's quite possible the radio version is the culprit, as that also has GPS stuffs in it.

nickleby 02-21-2012 06:39 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2169934)
There is, GPS Status.

Tytung's app should work as well. However, there still are some things that are not implemented, so they might not work.

What radio version are you running? It's quite possible the radio version is the culprit, as that also has GPS stuffs in it.

For some reason, my signature is not showing..My radio version is 2.21.00WV

I also have heard that my city have some kind of problem with GPS system :D I know, it sounds weird but some people of the same carrier with the same phone reports biggest success getting a GPS lock outside of my city just using QuickGPS and Google Maps under Windows Phone. Anyway, GPS is not something that I use everyday...I will try again this week on my university since it has a perfect unobstructed view to the sky, maybe I'll get better luck ;-)

arrrghhh 02-21-2012 06:42 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickleby (Post 2169937)
For some reason, my signature is not showing..My radio version is 2.21.00WV

I also have heard that my city have some kind of problem with GPS system :D I know, it sounds weird but some people of the same carrier with the same phone reports biggest success getting a GPS lock outside of my city just using QuickGPS and Google Maps under Windows Phone. Anyway, GPS is not something that I use everyday...I will try again this week on my university since it has a perfect unobstructed view to the sky, maybe I'll get better luck ;-)

Sounds strange indeed.

But you're already on a Verizon radio, so I would suggest upgrading to 2.37WV. Like I said, you're already on a WV radio.

highlandsun 02-21-2012 08:52 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
OK, no visible improvement on my rhod210. Testing indoors tho, I suppose I ought to step outside where there's a better chance of seeing a satellite?

walter79 03-06-2012 06:52 AM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Rhodium 100 log:

Code:

11:37:46.966 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 80/100, len = 400
11:37:46.967 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40850a18, 400, 80, 100
11:37:46.967 Error gps_rpc 128  dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
11:37:46.967 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:46.967 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40850a18, 400, 80, 100, 1)=1
11:37:46.968 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 81/100, len = 400
11:37:46.968 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40850ba8, 400, 81, 100
11:37:46.968 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:46.968 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40850ba8, 400, 81, 100, 1)=1
11:37:46.969 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 82/100, len = 400
11:37:46.969 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40850d38, 400, 82, 100
11:37:46.969 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:46.969 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40850d38, 400, 82, 100, 1)=1
11:37:46.970 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 83/100, len = 400
11:37:46.970 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40850ec8, 400, 83, 100
11:37:46.970 Error gps_rpc 128  dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
11:37:46.970 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:46.971 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40850ec8, 400, 83, 100, 1)=1
11:37:46.971 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 84/100, len = 400
11:37:46.971 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40851058, 400, 84, 100
11:37:46.972 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:46.972 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40851058, 400, 84, 100, 1)=1
11:37:46.972 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 85/100, len = 400
11:37:46.972 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x408511e8, 400, 85, 100
11:37:46.973 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:46.973 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x408511e8, 400, 85, 100, 1)=1
11:37:46.973 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 86/100, len = 400
11:37:46.973 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40851378, 400, 86, 100
11:37:46.974 Error gps_rpc 128  dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
11:37:46.974 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:46.974 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40851378, 400, 86, 100, 1)=1
11:37:46.974 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 87/100, len = 400
11:37:46.974 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40851508, 400, 87, 100
11:37:46.975 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:46.975 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40851508, 400, 87, 100, 1)=1
11:37:46.975 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 88/100, len = 400
11:37:46.975 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40851698, 400, 88, 100
11:37:46.976 Error gps_rpc 128  dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
11:37:46.976 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:46.976 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40851698, 400, 88, 100, 1)=1
11:37:46.976 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 89/100, len = 400
11:37:46.976 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40851828, 400, 89, 100
11:37:46.977 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:46.977 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40851828, 400, 89, 100, 1)=1
11:37:46.977 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 90/100, len = 400
11:37:46.977 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x408519b8, 400, 90, 100
11:37:46.977 Error gps_rpc 128  dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
11:37:46.978 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:46.978 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x408519b8, 400, 90, 100, 1)=1
11:37:46.978 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 91/100, len = 400
11:37:46.978 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40851b48, 400, 91, 100
11:37:46.979 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:46.979 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40851b48, 400, 91, 100, 1)=1
11:37:46.979 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 92/100, len = 400
11:37:46.980 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40851cd8, 400, 92, 100
11:37:46.980 Error gps_rpc 128  dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
11:37:46.980 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:46.980 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40851cd8, 400, 92, 100, 1)=1
11:37:46.981 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 93/100, len = 400
11:37:46.981 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40851e68, 400, 93, 100
11:37:46.981 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:46.981 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40851e68, 400, 93, 100, 1)=1
11:37:46.981 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 94/100, len = 400
11:37:46.982 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40851ff8, 400, 94, 100
11:37:46.982 Error gps_rpc 128  dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
11:37:46.982 Debug gp gp gp
11:37:47.129  rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:47.130 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40851ff8, 400, 94, 100, 1)=1
11:37:47.130 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 95/100, len = 400
11:37:47.130 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40852188, 400, 95, 100
11:37:47.130 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:47.131 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40852188, 400, 95, 100, 1)=1
11:37:47.131 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 96/100, len = 400
11:37:47.131 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40852318, 400, 96, 100
11:37:47.131 Error gps_rpc 128  dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
11:37:47.131 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:47.132 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40852318, 400, 96, 100, 1)=1
11:37:47.132 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 97/100, len = 400
11:37:47.132 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x408524a8, 400, 97, 100
11:37:47.132 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:47.133 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x408524a8, 400, 97, 100, 1)=1
11:37:47.133 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 98/100, len = 400
11:37:47.133 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40852638, 400, 98, 100
11:37:47.133 Error gps_rpc 128  dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
11:37:47.134 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:47.134 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40852638, 400, 98, 100, 1)=1
11:37:47.134 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 99/100, len = 400
11:37:47.134 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x408527c8, 400, 99, 100
11:37:47.135 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:47.135 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x408527c8, 400, 99, 100, 1)=1
11:37:47.135 Debug gps_msm7k 128  gps_xtra_inject_xtra_data: inject part = 100/100, len = 136
11:37:47.135 Debug gps_rpc 128  xdr_xtra_data_args() is called: 0x40852958, 136, 100, 100
11:37:47.136 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data() is called: clnt_stat=0
11:37:47.136 Debug gps_rpc 128  pdsm_xtra_set_data(0, 1f40, 0, 0x40852958, 136, 100, 100, 1)=1
11:37:47.136 Error gps_rpc 128  dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
11:37:47.137 Error gps_rpc 128  dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5

NAND OMGB runing on my Rhodium 100.

Did work or not?

arrrghhh 03-06-2012 01:24 PM

Re: [TESTING] CDMA rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by walter79 (Post 2171821)
Rhodium 100 log:

NAND OMGB runing on my Rhodium 100.

Did work or not?

The thread title clearly says CDMA.... :rolleyes:

wizardknight 03-19-2012 12:59 AM

Re: [TESTING] Rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
1 Attachment(s)
I finaly got droid explorer working, and tried this patch. I don't think it is working though. I have attached my logcat file here. Can someone with more experience take a look and see what they think. I am seeing a lot of

gps_rpc ( 219): dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
Thoughts?

detule 03-19-2012 09:13 AM

Re: [TESTING] Rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wizardknight (Post 2173155)
I finaly got droid explorer working, and tried this patch. I don't think it is working though. I have attached my logcat file here. Can someone with more experience take a look and see what they think. I am seeing a lot of

gps_rpc ( 219): dispatch_pdsm() received unknown procid: 5
Thoughts?

Next time use GetLogs please, as it contains _much_more_ relevant information (per the instructions in the first post).

The injection seems to have gone fine, but there's nothing in your logs about you trying to use GPS to get a lock (look for gps_start/gps_stop).

nickleby 04-05-2012 09:52 PM

Re: [TESTING] Rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
I've updated my device radio to version 2.37, but doesn't seems to improve the GPS on my Rhod...I left the phone on the window for about 30m but no luck getting a lock...I'm not posting logs this time because they looks like my previous log where detule said that it should be working...The only thing I noticed this time is that the radio log shows those lines when I'm using any GPS app...Don't know if this is relevant (probably not, excuse my ignorance)
Code:

04-05 20:38:10.775 D/AT      ( 1284): AT< $HTC_PDSS: 1
04-05 20:38:12.787 D/AT      ( 1284): AT< $HTC_PDSS: 0
04-05 20:38:12.787 D/AT      ( 1284): AT< $HTC_PDSS: 0
04-05 20:38:12.887 D/AT      ( 1284): AT< $HTC_PDSS: 1
04-05 20:38:14.899 D/AT      ( 1284): AT< $HTC_PDSS: 0
04-05 20:38:14.899 D/AT      ( 1284): AT< $HTC_PDSS: 0
04-05 20:38:15.019 D/AT      ( 1284): AT< $HTC_PDSS: 1
04-05 20:38:17.011 D/AT      ( 1284): AT< $HTC_PDSS: 0
04-05 20:38:17.011 D/AT      ( 1284): AT< $HTC_PDSS: 0


arrrghhh 04-05-2012 11:10 PM

Re: [TESTING] Rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickleby (Post 2174898)
I've updated my device radio to version 2.37, but doesn't seems to improve the GPS on my Rhod...I left the phone on the window for about 30m but no luck getting a lock...I'm not posting logs this time because they looks like my previous log where detule said that it should be working...The only thing I noticed this time is that the radio log shows those lines when I'm using any GPS app...Don't know if this is relevant (probably not, excuse my ignorance)

Did you try the LeoInjector app...?

What are you using to test getting a lock with it? GPS Status is good.

Also, try it outside. Doesn't always work near a window (but should work better).

detule 04-06-2012 06:53 AM

Re: [TESTING] Rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickleby (Post 2174898)
[/CODE]

Does QuickGPS work for you in WinMo now that you've updated to the VZ radio?

Make sure to take out the battery when testing these things for 5-10mins after each GPS lock to ensure a cold start for the next testing run.

Please do include a full GetLogs output.

nickleby 04-13-2012 09:25 PM

Re: [TESTING] Rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by detule (Post 2174928)
Does QuickGPS work for you in WinMo now that you've updated to the VZ radio?

Make sure to take out the battery when testing these things for 5-10mins after each GPS lock to ensure a cold start for the next testing run.

Please do include a full GetLogs output.

Hi, I've changed my WinMo ROM and now I can make locks in about 15-30s with 10 satellites (using QuickGPS and either Google Maps or HTC GPS Tool). Using the stock ROM and VZ radio didn't work...I made sure to remove the battery for 10 minutes before attempting to get a GPS lock under Android and now it's working too! Don't know how the ROM was affecting the GPS :?::?: This was just my first test...I'll keep using the GPS to see its behavior or see if it was just luck :D

-----------------------17/04/2012
After testing the GPS for a few days, it definitely works for me now!

detule 05-28-2012 02:04 PM

Re: [TESTING] Rhod AGPS (XTRA) support
 
Testing is over -> this feature has been incorporated in GBX0C (or newer).

Mods please close this thread.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

rootlinux 05-28-2012 06:30 PM

Thread closed.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0