PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
arrrrgggg I still cant figure out that market place thing where the old apps are showing. I'm looking for a newer market to download and try but no luck yet
3.1.6 Market apk.

Then apply it using these directions.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

arrrghhh thanks, I got new market, just dont like it as much, it loads slower becasue it now loads pictures lol

It still has the not installed apps in list though :S but its all at the bottom now so I'm a little happier with it.

I found out I could just overwrite the vending.apk file using file expert (or root explorer if preferred) and install it from there. Instead of using the terminal emulator
Old 10-10-2011, 10:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ZTE Warp
Carrier: Boost Mobile

lascott7 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to lascott7 Send a message via Yahoo to lascott7 Send a message via Skype™ to lascott7
Question Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Arrrggh this is great. I am downloading the newest package now. I have Titanium backup on my tp2 so far but the thing is do I have to download it from the Market again to backup my stuff and re install all of my apps? That's the problem. I have saved all of my stuff on there but can I just add the apps folders on there.
"with God all things are possible" ~ St. Matthew 19:26
Who am I really?
Old 10-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lascott7 View Post
Arrrggh this is great. I am downloading the newest package now. I have Titanium backup on my tp2 so far but the thing is do I have to download it from the Market again to backup my stuff and re install all of my apps? That's the problem. I have saved all of my stuff on there but can I just add the apps folders on there.
Titanium Backup can do batch backups as well as batch restores. The batch restore is a bit of a pain if you don't have the paid ("donate") version tho.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Just noticed that android doesnt charge battery too well. It seems to not know that I'm charging it until about half a minute has passed. While plugged in, the orange charge led comes on, I turn off screen and leave while it charges. I come back in a hour or so and green LED so thinking that it is done charging, I turn screen on again, and battery is not fully charged. This happens everytime too so it wasn't just a fluke. I can fully charge android but I have to baby sit it and turn on screen every once in a while to remind it that it is still charging :S

Well I use WM full time still and android to play so the charging issue isn't too much for me, just pointing it out incase you weren't aware of this, didn't see it in the FAQ
Old 10-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
Just noticed that android doesnt charge battery too well. It seems to not know that I'm charging it until about half a minute has passed. While plugged in, the orange charge led comes on, I turn off screen and leave while it charges. I come back in a hour or so and green LED so thinking that it is done charging, I turn screen on again, and battery is not fully charged. This happens everytime too so it wasn't just a fluke. I can fully charge android but I have to baby sit it and turn on screen every once in a while to remind it that it is still charging :S

Well I use WM full time still and android to play so the charging issue isn't too much for me, just pointing it out incase you weren't aware of this, didn't see it in the FAQ
It's not in the FAQ... there's a few kernels that support instant-plug notification but they usually cause SOD's. So the instant-plug noti was removed... in favor of stability. If you hit the power button with it plugged in, it'll recognize it and charge. An annoying step, which I guess should be in the FAQ. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

poopboypat is a n00b

First, WOW and thank you for this!!! Been running for a few weeks and it has become my main OS. But I have 2 questions that I have not been able to resolve.

1. Voicemail: When I get a voicemail and hiit the voicemail button, it goes to some random number any way to replace my number with this? (I Know i can just call my number to get the message, but thats not the point hehe)

2. Backlight: It doesnt work at all. This is a big problem for me since I cant type unless im in very good light.

Any tips on these 2 problems? Thanks!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro2

Flagmax is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.5.26571/26.984; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

1. Press Menu (Windows key), Call settings, Voicemail settings, Voicemail number.

2. Press Menu (Windows key), Display, Brightness.

Fyi, my Backlight seem to work fine.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

poopboypat is a n00b

Wow dumb of me on the VM... lol

2. That doesn't work. I'm talking about the Hardware Keyboard. The lights behind the Keyboard don't work.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopboypat View Post
Wow dumb of me on the VM... lol

2. That doesn't work. I'm talking about the Hardware Keyboard. The lights behind the Keyboard don't work.
make sure you don't have automatic brightness enabled . and make sure you have the correct startup.txt file for your device !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development