PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Carrier: Sprint

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Is there a way to change the background of the messaging screen to black like it was in some of the other builds?
Old 08-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti View Post
Is there a way to change the background of the messaging screen to black like it was in some of the other builds?
Easily? No.

The best solution would probably be an app that's more customizable out of the box - have you looked at Handscent?

Googled around to see how to do this on any app...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...in-android-app

Not sure how you'll be able to apply that to the stock Messaging app tho. Handscent is probably your best bet.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Easily? No.

The best solution would probably be an app that's more customizable out of the box - have you looked at Handscent?

Googled around to see how to do this on any app...

sdk - How to change background color in android app - Stack Overflow

Not sure how you'll be able to apply that to the stock Messaging app tho. Handscent is probably your best bet.
Thanks, I'll have to check it out.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Apache->Mogul->TP2-> EVO 3D

Slwitek is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Slwitek Send a message via Yahoo to Slwitek

Downloaded this the other day and I am very impressed. I have been waiting for a decent bundle to come out or sometime now. I have have had a few minor things go wrong like the speakerphone in a call one time and I lost data one time, but other than that it has been great so far. All apps I have downloaded have worked except for Angry Birds and Quick Boot Plus. I look forward to the next update to this and an even more stable OS Thanks guys! Thank goodness to finally have an OS that people are developing apps for!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

Acey is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slwitek View Post
Thank goodness to finally have an OS that people are developing apps for!
Agreed! This is the #1 reason I am so thrilled with Android on the TP2 - I can actually use modern apps. Big thanks to everyone working on this project.

I upgraded my radio to 2.37 and also updated to the latest rootfs and kernel and everything seems a little snappier now. Haven't seen any issues with phone calls yet so hopefully the new radio is helping. Had a random reboot when trying to load Pandora but it seems fine now.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

asianguy30 is a n00b

Does anybody successfully got either yahoo messenger video call or skype video call working?
Old 08-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianguy30 View Post
Does anybody successfully got either yahoo messenger video call or skype video call working?
How, without a front cam? Would you just use the back cam and have a confusing one-sided conversation? lol.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: s

slew is a n00b

For those of you who care and have RHODs. Starfox on xda-dev has a kernel which supports notifications. The patch was coded by detule. The patch ensures that you have a blinking green when you have a notification and so on and so forth.

Kernel is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1207167

The notifications also require a library which needs to be mounted.

mount --bind /sdcard/lights.msm7k.so /system/lib/hw/lights.msm7k.so

The above line needs to be added into your froyo.user.conf file in the custom section to successfuly mount your lib. The lib path is in the OP of the topic linked above.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

jlpatte2 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Maybe i should try turn wifi on in winmo then try out my wifi problem in android after that................ thanx for the inspiration.
Did this work? I see the exact same behavior on my device, It also seems to be tightly coupled with an issue where about 30% of the time if wifi is set to disable at screen off/sleep that when the device goes into sleep instead it reboots... I thought I'd fix this by manually disabling wifi and otherwise leaving it always on, which was working, but then turning wifi on and off started causing this issue, I am running a device which has the following history:
Newest Sprint Rom from sprint
Replaced with Might ROM whatever the last before he retired
Then using neopeek (based on frx07 I believe)
(with 'default' 714Mhz oc)
Relatively small default ext2 partitions per the cw directions.

This stuff is coming along great, till the wierd issues with wifi, I thought this was finally featured and stable enough to replace winmo with...

Thanks, Josh
Old 08-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpatte2 View Post
Did this work? I see the exact same behavior on my device, It also seems to be tightly coupled with an issue where about 30% of the time if wifi is set to disable at screen off/sleep that when the device goes into sleep instead it reboots... I thought I'd fix this by manually disabling wifi and otherwise leaving it always on, which was working, but then turning wifi on and off started causing this issue, I am running a device which has the following history:
Newest Sprint Rom from sprint
Replaced with Might ROM whatever the last before he retired
Then using neopeek (based on frx07 I believe)
(with 'default' 714Mhz oc)
Relatively small default ext2 partitions per the cw directions.

This stuff is coming along great, till the wierd issues with wifi, I thought this was finally featured and stable enough to replace winmo with...

Thanks, Josh
If you're running FRX07 feel free to post in this thread, I can help you.

If you're running another build, why are you posting in this thread? I can't help you if you're running something I didn't distribute. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development