PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145756)

tkedch 07-17-2011 01:43 PM

Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2128998)
I rarely if ever use wifi. Are you stating with a fresh data.img, or every boot wifi initially fails then... doesn't? It just starts working after a certain amount of uptime?

If that's the case, then I'd say you're trying to use wifi too quickly. Let the phone settle after it's done booting - especially on a fresh data.img, lots of crap happening in the background. I was cursing stine that the new su app didn't work at all, because it wouldn't come up for any of the root apps I opened. The UI was snappy, I was able to load up apps... I thought all was well, and then the su allow prompt appeared... so truly patience is a virtue here.

Also, it seems certain BT headsets work and others don't. Don't tell people that BT headsets work, because not all do! :p Someone already filed a bug on the voice command BT issue, which makes me laugh since I said that BT audio routing won't work... Go figure. Lol I already said that, wth...

I guess i should state, my old POS BT headset works great with this build. BUT not all works so users be aware!!!!!! THe wifi issue is puzzling to me. So with a fresh data.img, wifi works after the initial bootup. After I reboot, wifi doesn't work no matter how long I wait. The reason why I want wifi to work is I do travel with this phone to overseas, and having wifi is a life saver. I should say that this was the same issue i had with FRX06 with the updated kernels. But it seems like no one is complaining about is...... wonder if it's because no one is using wifi or no one is reading my posts.......

EyeB 07-17-2011 02:40 PM

I had no problems using the wireless hotspot build into android unlike with frx06. I could turn it on/off without any problems. Seemed to work fine when I connected ipad to it. Speed seems fine too but I didn't load any heavy pages with images.

The only time I've notice it restart itself into WM is just a few times. Im not sure if android was unstable and causing the battery to heat up before crashing to WM or if battery got too hot and android restarted itself (AKA powered off) as a feature to protect phone from overheating.

edit: I did notice that the battery widgets/meters all seem to be slightly off. I mean while I'm using android, the battery levels would drift up/down so I could only get an estimate on it and not a real reading. Also when rebooting into WM I saw the battery level was about 5-10% different than what android read and I'm fairly sure the battery wouldn't drain so much just doing a reboot. I know you mentioned that android battery reading wasn't accurate in frx06 and doesn't look like frx07 is better.

Think I mentioned this but I left the phone "powered off" in android for about 6 hours and battery went down 10-15% (again battery reading isn't accurate). So this could be a full time phone if you don't use phone often. But actually using the phone, the battery drains about 30% per hour of constant use for me. This was constant use of surfing web/market and playing with gps and setting up apps and playing with them

edit again: @
tkedch Are you using sprint TP2? I'm not having problems with using Wifi and it turns off/on without problems

albumleaf 07-17-2011 02:47 PM

Is anyone else having issues with their signal disappearing frequently? I have to airplane mode>unairplane mode to get signal back.

fortunzfavor 07-17-2011 06:06 PM

Do you actually lose your signal, or does it just appear that it's gone? I have that happen often enough (usually after I hang up from another call), but if I dial the line from another, it still rings through and text messages show up to. I do have to use airplane and back to dial out, not because it's disconnected, it just thinks it is.

tkedch 07-17-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeb (Post 2129019)
I had no problems using the wireless hotspot build into android unlike with frx06. I could turn it on/off without any problems. Seemed to work fine when I connected ipad to it. Speed seems fine too but I didn't load any heavy pages with images.

The only time I've notice it restart itself into WM is just a few times. Im not sure if android was unstable and causing the battery to heat up before crashing to WM or if battery got too hot and android restarted itself (AKA powered off) as a feature to protect phone from overheating.

edit: I did notice that the battery widgets/meters all seem to be slightly off. I mean while I'm using android, the battery levels would drift up/down so I could only get an estimate on it and not a real reading. Also when rebooting into WM I saw the battery level was about 5-10% different than what android read and I'm fairly sure the battery wouldn't drain so much just doing a reboot. I know you mentioned that android battery reading wasn't accurate in frx06 and doesn't look like frx07 is better.

Think I mentioned this but I left the phone "powered off" in android for about 6 hours and battery went down 10-15% (again battery reading isn't accurate). So this could be a full time phone if you don't use phone often. But actually using the phone, the battery drains about 30% per hour of constant use for me. This was constant use of surfing web/market and playing with gps and setting up apps and playing with them

edit again: @
tkedch Are you using sprint TP2? I'm not having problems with using Wifi and it turns off/on without problems

Yes, I am using sprint's TP2. that's weird that no one is having the problem I'm having. Did you try wifi after rebooting? It did work for me initially.

aristowong 07-17-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortunzfavor (Post 2129064)
Do you actually lose your signal, or does it just appear that it's gone? I have that happen often enough (usually after I hang up from another call), but if I dial the line from another, it still rings through and text messages show up to. I do have to use airplane and back to dial out, not because it's disconnected, it just thinks it is.

yea it thinks it is, which is enough for it not to send texts out, lol.

EyeB 07-17-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkedch (Post 2129093)
Yes, I am using sprint's TP2. that's weird that no one is having the problem I'm having. Did you try wifi after rebooting? It did work for me initially.

I forgot if it was you who said that they recreated the data.img, but did you also delete the android folder that it created from FRX06 and let this newer one create one along with the data.img? I found that in old frx06 my phone was stuck in airplane mode and I just didn't bother fixing it. But I did notice that letting frx07 make a new data.img with old android folder, it was still stuck until I deleted the android folder as well. Not sure what settings are stored in the data folder but deleting it worked.

not sure if you are using old startup from frx06 also but you could try using a clean one from the startup folder. I played around with old startup file and may have changed settings in there so I went ahead with just using everything new out of the frx07 zip.

So far aside from bad battery, I haven't found much that doesnt work. sometimes android asks me to force close/wait but that's probably because the phone is lagging and not android being unstable because it works if I wait long enough. Can't test the bluetooth though since I don't got anything to pair it with, so I just know that it turns on and off on phone.

tkedch 07-17-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeb (Post 2129127)
I forgot if it was you who said that they recreated the data.img, but did you also delete the android folder that it created from FRX06 and let this newer one create one along with the data.img? I found that in old frx06 my phone was stuck in airplane mode and I just didn't bother fixing it. But I did notice that letting frx07 make a new data.img with old android folder, it was still stuck until I deleted the android folder as well. Not sure what settings are stored in the data folder but deleting it worked.

not sure if you are using old startup from frx06 also but you could try using a clean one from the startup folder. I played around with old startup file and may have changed settings in there so I went ahead with just using everything new out of the frx07 zip.

So far aside from bad battery, I haven't found much that doesnt work. sometimes android asks me to force close/wait but that's probably because the phone is lagging and not android being unstable because it works if I wait long enough. Can't test the bluetooth though since I don't got anything to pair it with, so I just know that it turns on and off on phone.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try with a new folder and new STARTUP file. trouble shooting is PITA sometimes...........:angry7: hahahaha

jerryyyyy 07-17-2011 11:47 PM

Hi, been fooling with this a bit today, camera and WiFi, titanium restore all worked fine. I note there is not yet a BT stack? Quadrant ran at 508... can we overclock as in FRX06? No idea how battery life will be but, will try it out.

Nice work. Thanks all.

jerryyyyy 07-17-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkedch (Post 2128986)
so I just want to put it out there, BT headsets do work. I tried it last night. But voice command is not accurate.... but everything else works. I do however want to see if anyone has problems with turning on wifi after the initial bootup. I've tried with my original and fresh data.img, and both times the I would see errors when i try to turn on wifi except after the initial bootup. I am not sure what the problem is. I haven't really install anything except for some google services. Any idea aaarrg?

Hi, How did you turn BT on? I could not get it to work through settings etc.

arrrghhh 07-17-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryyyyy (Post 2129132)
Hi, been fooling with this a bit today, camera and WiFi, titanium restore all worked fine. I note there is not yet a BT stack? Quadrant ran at 508... can we overclock as in FRX06? No idea how battery life will be but, will try it out.

Nice work. Thanks all.

So BT should work, pair... if it's a data device you should be able to transfer data... but headsets seem hit-or-miss. Some say the headset works, but voice command sucks. I was able to pair my headset, but it didn't route audio...

As for overclocking, that procedure is identical, thanks.

jerryyyyy 07-17-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2129135)
So BT should work, pair... if it's a data device you should be able to transfer data... but headsets seem hit-or-miss. Some say the headset works, but voice command sucks. I was able to pair my headset, but it didn't route audio...

As for overclocking, that procedure is identical, thanks.

Yes, Thx, I found the BT link over at XDA and will read up [I did and I think I will wait for this to be cooked in....]. I am going to copy in my startup from FRX06 to 07 with folder modification, and see if the overclocking works OK. [OC worked 500->580 on Quadrant].

BTW, any idea why my clock is 7 hours slow and will not reset? Maybe just has to sit 24h.

Nice work...

tkedch 07-18-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryyyyy (Post 2129133)
Hi, How did you turn BT on? I could not get it to work through settings etc.

I have tried both under settings or by using the power widget on the desktop. It just turns on w/o a hitch. It is one of those things like aarrrg was saying that works for some but not all. I do however advise starting with a new data.img to eliminate possible trouble shooting nightmares. For one thing, I can't get wifi to work past the first bootup. So....... go figure....... I have tried everything from brand new data.img to recreating the "andboot" folder. And it seems like i'm the only one having this problem because no one is reporting the same issue and I have confirmation of wifi working for others....

tkedch 07-18-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeb (Post 2129127)

So i tried with recreating the folder and copying everything over from FRX07 folder. WIFI still fails after the first bootup. the funny thing is it WORKS the first time it booted up.................

jerryyyyy 07-18-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkedch (Post 2129140)
I have tried both under settings or by using the power widget on the desktop. It just turns on w/o a hitch. It is one of those things like aarrrg was saying that works for some but not all. I do however advise starting with a new data.img to eliminate possible trouble shooting nightmares. For one thing, I can't get wifi to work past the first bootup. So....... go figure....... I have tried everything from brand new data.img to recreating the "andboot" folder. And it seems like i'm the only one having this problem because no one is reporting the same issue and I have confirmation of wifi working for others....

I made a clean install and the WiFi just worked fine.

ON BT, I'll look for the power widget. What is over at XDA for BT looks pretty complex and I do not have time to mess with it...

Thx

tkedch 07-18-2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryyyyy (Post 2129159)
I made a clean install and the WiFi just worked fine.

ON BT, I'll look for the power widget. What is over at XDA for BT looks pretty complex and I do not have time to mess with it...

Thx

the BT fix is pretty complicated all right. Have you tried your wifi after you restarted on android? Because I only have problems after the first bootup.

EyeB 07-18-2011 02:03 AM

tkedch I saw you mentioned an "andboot" folder... my copy of frx06 doesn't use that folder and I havent seen that folder since a couple versions of frx06 ago. So wondering if you got all the right files :S

I just remembered that arrgg said this about my old touch pro
Quote:

I also forget the old RAPH's are on the TI chipset. For whatever reason on this chipset there is a bug - if you enable wifi once and turn it off, you'll never be able to re-enable it until you reboot. Perhaps this is the issue you're running into...
maybe this sounds like what you are experiencing? I don't know why touch pro 2 would have this problem but it might help point in a direction for the developers :S

tkedch 07-18-2011 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeb (Post 2129176)
tkedch I saw you mentioned an "andboot" folder... my copy of frx06 doesn't use that folder and I havent seen that folder since a couple versions of frx06 ago. So wondering if you got all the right files :S

I just remembered that arrgg said this about my old touch pro
maybe this sounds like what you are experiencing? I don't know why touch pro 2 would have this problem but it might help point in a direction for the developers :S

the reason why I use "andboot" folder is because I have too many files in the root of my SD card. and I've double checked everything, all the files that should be there are there in the folder. I am not sure if there's that much difference between in a folder and in the SD directory. My problem is that I can turn on and off w/o a problem after the initial bootup. But I can't turn it back on after I restart the phone. I'm surprised no one is having this issue TBH. hahaha

elsitu 07-18-2011 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2128956)
Uh... can you describe a little more maybe? It's working but not? So you have 3g icons but you can't connect to the internet? Doesn't Metro have one of those stupid proxy's to get out to the internet...??

I don't really know how that carrier works, but you guys with 3rd tier carriers will need to sort out issues and post what the solution is - because the major carriers all work, because the major carriers don't require a proxy to connect to the 'net ;).

I also use metro and yes it uses a proxy. In the previous release, FRX06, Data used to work fine by adding an APN with the follofing info:

Name: Metro
APN: #777
Proxy:wap.metropcs.net
Port: 3128
Username: YourPhoneNumber@mymetropcs.com
Password: the esn # (6 numbers)

In this new release, FRX07, it just works for me the first 30 or 40 seconds and then there is no data. It shows the 1x icon and the arrows under it that turn white and grey as if it is receiving/sending data, but it doesn't work. I formatted my sd card with the HP usb disk program and did a fresh install and got the same results. My phone is a Sprint Touch Pro 2.

arrrghhh 07-18-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsitu (Post 2129212)
I also use metro and yes it uses a proxy. In the previous release, FRX06, Data used to work fine by adding an APN with the follofing info:

Name: Metro
APN: #777
Proxy:wap.metropcs.net
Port: 3128
Username: YourPhoneNumber@mymetropcs.com
Password: the esn # (6 numbers)

In this new release, FRX07, it just works for me the first 30 or 40 seconds and then there is no data. It shows the 1x icon and the arrows under it that turn white and grey as if it is receiving/sending data, but it doesn't work. I formatted my sd card with the HP usb disk program and did a fresh install and got the same results. My phone is a Sprint Touch Pro 2.

What about MCC/MNC?

elsitu 07-18-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2129275)
What about MCC/MNC?

No need to enter that info.

Holysmoke 07-18-2011 01:32 PM

starting to get random reboots into winmo

arrrghhh 07-18-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsitu (Post 2129326)
No need to enter that info.

You sure? lol.

jerryyyyy 07-18-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkedch (Post 2129161)
the BT fix is pretty complicated all right. Have you tried your wifi after you restarted on android? Because I only have problems after the first bootup.

I'll try it again tonight when I get home from work. was stable in the past on 06.

tkedch 07-18-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryyyyy (Post 2129361)
I'll try it again tonight when I get home from work. was stable in the past on 06.

Good luck on the BT fix. while you're at it, could you try to see if your wifi still works after you restart your phone? Thanks!

jerryyyyy 07-18-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holysmoke (Post 2129348)
starting to get random reboots into winmo

I am now getting reboots into WiMo on startup from Haret. I took out the overclocking and it took two reboots, but finally booted ok.... maybe need to turn down the speed.

I still cannot turn on BT from the Settings. Can someone tell me where the alternative "widget" is to turn it on????

Thx

elsitu 07-18-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2129350)
You sure? lol.

For FRX06 we didn't have to enter anything there, but may be for the new FRX07 we have to do it. :o

arrrghhh 07-18-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryyyyy (Post 2129378)
I am now getting reboots into WiMo on startup from Haret. I took out the overclocking and it took two reboots, but finally booted ok.... maybe need to turn down the speed.

I still cannot turn on BT from the Settings. Can someone tell me where the alternative "widget" is to turn it on????

Thx

I just do it thru the Settings -> Wireless & Networks menu... Power Control widget would do the same I assume...

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsitu (Post 2129380)
For FRX06 we didn't have to enter anything there, but may be for the new FRX07 we have to do it. :o

That's my point - quite a bit has changed with the new RIL.

jerryyyyy 07-18-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2129390)
I just do it thru the Settings -> Wireless & Networks menu... Power Control widget would do the same I assume...

That's my point - quite a bit has changed with the new RIL.

Settings do not work for me. If the "Power Control" widget (whatever that is?), works through the same settings, likely not to work either. Seems like, if I want BT to work I have to go through the steps outlines in XDA... a bit too much work...

Cheers

arrrghhh 07-18-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryyyyy (Post 2129393)
Settings do not work for me. If the "Power Control" widget (whatever that is?), works through the same settings, likely not to work either. Seems like, if I want BT to work I have to go through the steps outlines in XDA... a bit too much work...

Cheers

Audio won't route correctly without doing that work... although some claim BT headsets work on a basic level, seems really hit-or-miss. I couldn't get my headset to pass audio, although it would pair.

Not quite there yet for BT... or audio routing in general for that matter ;).

dadaR6 07-18-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Cheers

In my case, I had to boot WinMo with BT OFF, then do NOT turn it on in WinMo, leave it OFF, then launch Haret. After that I am able to toggle BT ON/OFF in Android otherwise it would just fail to enable.

Hope it helps.

arrrghhh 07-18-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadaR6 (Post 2129398)
In my case, I had to boot WinMo with BT OFF, then do NOT turn it on in WinMo, leave it OFF, then launch Haret. After that I am able to toggle BT ON/OFF in Android otherwise it would just fail to enable.

Hope it helps.

I thought it just messed up sleep? If this is true I'll add it to the first post... such oddities all because of WinMo!

dadaR6 07-18-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2129402)
I thought it just messed up sleep? If this is true I'll add it to the first post... such oddities all because of WinMo!

Well, honestly I dont remember which one was it, but in one case I was getting no sleep or cannot start BT if BT was ON at some point in WinMo. I tried it so many times, that I forgot which one was causing what. lol. Now BT is always OFF in WinMo from beginning to end and I dont have any issues anymore (with BT at least...).

I am getting the same oddity as others regarding the service signal: receive a call then I hang up, then the no service icon appears but I can still receive calls!, I just cannot place any until I switch to Airplane Mode.

tkedch 07-18-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Cheers

on your homescreen, press and hold until you see a list of things you could add to your desktop. select widget then scroll down the near the bottom, you should see power. Though i don't think it would work since you can't turn it on under settings

tkedch 07-18-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadaR6 (Post 2129406)
Well, honestly I dont remember which one was it, but in one case I was getting no sleep or cannot start BT if BT was ON at some point in WinMo. I tried it so many times, that I forgot which one was causing what. lol. Now BT is always OFF in WinMo from beginning to end and I dont have any issues anymore (with BT at least...).

I am getting the same oddity as others regarding the service signal: receive a call then I hang up, then the no service icon appears but I can still receive calls!, I just cannot place any until I switch to Airplane Mode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2129402)

Maybe i should try turn wifi on in winmo then try out my wifi problem in android after that................ thanx for the inspiration.

jerryyyyy 07-18-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadaR6 (Post 2129398)

Hope it helps.

This was the key!

I was able to pair my TP2 with my Motorola S9 headset and also with my car BT!

janusman 07-18-2011 09:09 PM

well... new SD card..formatted with HPtool.

old calibration file. new startup file from startup folder with path added.

first time it never booted. Tried again and it booted up without any issues. For the first few minutes no coverage. got a little curious and then it showed up.

3G shows up - so far no SOD/hung ups/restarts.

Able to browse through browser - but not able to get into market -getting "u dont have network connection"... but browser works without any issue.

The default weather/news widget is still loading.

able to receive calls.. but not able to call anyone. it hangs and comes right back to home screen. after some repeated attempts - i got activity dialer not responding. force close?

any thing am missing???

janusman 07-18-2011 10:56 PM

update:

rebooted again. 3G is working. Am able to call and receive calls. Market is working fine.

Only issue is -while calling - it hangs up for sometime.. after a few tries - it works..

has overclocking worked for anyone so far??? I feel the phone s a little sluggish.

Volume on speaker while on call is too low..any tips??

ThrottleAbuse 07-19-2011 12:10 AM

Anyone get MMS to work on Verizon? I added and APN name: Verizon APN: internet MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms No luck. Just hangs on sending when I try and send one.

edit: Nevermind. I rebooted phone and now it sends them no problem.

solnt 07-19-2011 01:03 AM

Fresh data.img, first thing is install Titanium backup and then move the software to SD card --> message "failed to move application"
I had verified that i have enough stored space to move this apps,
This is a bug or something else pp?

sol