PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [TESTING] Updated 5/14/11 New Kernel - Temp Test - SOD Fix! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138784)

kcwebmonkey 01-07-2011 07:48 PM

Re: [TESTING] New Kernel (Speakerphone/autobl)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger2wander (Post 2019178)
Great, I'm going to grab and test it soon :)

FYI, kernel 12.21.10 and 12.22.10 seen has same problem with panel reinit, I was must touch to screen to wake it up after sleep.

not sure if this is important, but i just noticed that you never have to touch the screen to wake it up if it is plugged in and charging.

arrrghhh 01-07-2011 09:24 PM

Re: [TESTING] New Kernel (Speakerphone/autobl)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey (Post 2032144)
not sure if this is important, but i just noticed that you never have to touch the screen to wake it up if it is plugged in and charging.

Because it's never sleeping ;)

da1stprince 01-08-2011 02:07 PM

Re: [TESTING] New Kernel (Speakerphone mic/keyboard bl!!!)

nice build.. only problem is that i ran angry birds and graphics are glitchy(color banding),but fast..

ooxteme 01-08-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da1stprince (Post 2032513)
nice build.. only problem is that i ran angry birds and graphics are glitchy(color banding),but fast..

Use this one!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...ally-well.html

arrrghhh 01-26-2011 12:22 PM

Ah, about time I bumped this thread... first post updated guys.

Here's what's new - fixed touch to wake, caps/FN lights. More panel deinit stuff - should get significantly better battery drain compared to 1253 (assuming both kernels are sleeping - LED=GREEN!)

Enjoy, let me know how it goes!

fishingmedic 01-26-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2045047)
Ah, about time I bumped this thread... first post updated guys.

Here's what's new - fixed touch to wake, caps/FN lights. More panel deinit stuff - should get significantly better battery drain compared to 1253 (assuming both kernels are sleeping - LED=GREEN!)

Enjoy, let me know how it goes!

Wooohooo!!! Thanks bud!!

arrrghhh 01-26-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingmedic (Post 2045051)
Wooohooo!!! Thanks bud!!

NP!

I did find an issue, at least on my RHOD400 - caps/FN LEDs are reversed, and the caps lock doesn't necessairly always show the correct state. I'll let WisTilt2 know... other than that, let me know what you guys find!

I'd also be curious if the buttons are reversed for all devices - or if it's just the 400. I'm betting the 300 will be flawless, I'm curious about the 100/210 guys.

Update - Seems the touch to wake issue is still present for me as well... again, I'd be curious to see if anyone else experiences this - when the phone is sleeping (green LED) you have to touch the panel where the lock swipe is to wake the phone.

manekineko 01-26-2011 12:52 PM

Just installed this, will be running it for a while to give it a spin and provide feedback.

Initial impressions, I can confirm that the rhod400 buttons are reversed.

Also, FN doesn't always show the correct state either. This can be seen by a simple test. Press FN repeatedly until Android disables FN again, observe that the light stays on. Same works for the Caps.

arrrghhh 01-26-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manekineko (Post 2045083)
Just installed this, will be running it for a while to give it a spin and provide feedback.

Initial impressions, I can confirm that the rhod400 buttons are reversed.

Also, FN doesn't always show the correct state either. This can be seen by a simple test. Press FN repeatedly until Android disables FN again, observe that the light stays on. Same works for the Caps.

Yup, sorry just noticed didn't mention FN has the same behavior as caps. First round, and unfortunately I didn't test this with WisTilt2 like I usually do... he posted it around midnight, and I was already in bed ;).

Enough excuses tho - I'll let him know this initial feedback, and hopefully he'll crank out another test kernel.

Thanks guys!

Update - seems I might have spoke too soon on the touch-to-wake issue... still needs some work, but if I'm patient the screen usually does come up - but sometimes it takes so long it just goes right back off... Yet another thing to put on the list of things to mention to WisTilt2 ;).

MassStash 01-26-2011 05:08 PM

Confirming results of ahhh. Also does not stay on for double press aka always on fn/cap.

Thank you ahhh (wiz prollly wont see this....)

Rhod400 FRX04 test 1253 kernel