PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 06:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot File Repository

in nand we dont need a start up text right?? i just want to make sure ...everything should be in tinboot?..cuz im not usin any and the phone works fine!!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

pts69666 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
in nand we dont need a start up text right?? i just want to make sure ...everything should be in tinboot?..cuz im not usin any and the phone works fine!!
the startup text is in tinboot. that is why you cannot change any boot options unless you recompile it. =P

Good Job Guys! Continue the great work. I should be able to test when I'm not as busy. Should be soon, I hope...
Old 09-30-2010, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
a good tester is worth 2 good programmers. So test on my good man, your feedback is like gold to us.
I'd figure you say something of the sort. WinMo has been backed up.

I still have my old MR2 RUU and I got the Custom RUU which I will probably use as well as my mighty rom version I am running now.

Provided flashing this 20 BILLION times doesn't brick it, I'll be good

Update:

Ran Task 29 just to be safe.

Flashed with Test 7: Single nbh file. Using 9-28 Kernel.

Boots and looks good so far. Text is smaller for Icons. Looks nicer IMHO. Everything is resized nicely.

Winmo is Officially Gone. Feels great too.... A newly liberated Windows Device.

Great Job!!

Works:
Data
GPS
SMS
Sound - Call and Normal
3d
Speakerphone - Sound and bottom mic

Not Working:
Wifi
Bluetooth as before
Screen not sleeping.
No LED status light
Anything else not working in other builds

I forget what else to check... lol

Last edited by coolsilver; 09-30-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsilver View Post
I'd figure you say something of the sort. WinMo has been backed up.

I still have my old MR2 RUU and I got the Custom RUU which I will probably use as well as my mighty rom version I am running now.

Provided flashing this 20 BILLION times doesn't brick it, I'll be good

Update:

Ran Task 29 just to be safe.

Flashed with Test 7: Single nbh file. Using 9-28 Kernel.

Boots and looks good so far. Text is smaller for Icons. Looks nicer IMHO. Everything is resized nicely.

Winmo is Officially Gone. Feels great too.... A newly liberated Windows Device.

Great Job!!

Works:
Data
GPS
SMS
Sound - Call and Normal
3d
Speakerphone - Sound and bottom mic

Not Working:
Wifi
Bluetooth as before
Screen not sleeping.
No LED status light
Anything else not working in other builds

I forget what else to check... lol
I'm taking a look into wifi right now. It should be working. After my work reading through what tinboot is doing, I noticed I'm missing compcache and ti from my modules. I'll be putting an updated NBH, zImage, and modules up on the first post within the hour. I just want to test them first
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b

So i have been keeping an eye on this and was going to switch when i thought nand booting was "Good enough" looking at the not working list i think it might be there.
Is this just as stable as when booting haret? and it seems the only addition thing broken is wifi which i NEVER use.
Screen not sleeping? does that mean its even more of a battery hog? how do that's work sleeping on its own or you cant turn it off.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Don't get me wrong but I am on NAND right now and what isn't working is 90% what isn't working in the HARET kernel.

Other than Wifi and handful of other Minor things as I see it. It is functional as a phone. It has Data. 3D is working which just got enabled for HARET.

Otherwise, android is fully in development mode. If you can't accept the broken things then wait.

I'll test out the new build when I charge tonight.

Sent from my HTC Touch Pro 2 on Android with Tapatalk Pro.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I don't know but might not be charging when powered off either. Or didn't shut down right.

I plugged it into the pc here to charge and vibrated twice like it was booting but nothing was displayed. But the orange light came on. I tried pulling the battery and usb and trying again. Same vibration after plugging it in.

We shall see if it keeps doing it.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
I don't know but might not be charging when powered off either. Or didn't shut down right.

I plugged it into the pc here to charge and vibrated twice like it was booting but nothing was displayed. But the orange light came on. I tried pulling the battery and usb and trying again. Same vibration after plugging it in.

We shall see if it keeps doing it.
I'll look into this issue. I know for some reason when we shutdown with usb on the phone, we get the crazy behavior. Im going to try to turn off usb before the shutdown. Its on my task list
Old 09-30-2010, 05:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Don't get me wrong but I am on NAND right now and what isn't working is 90% what isn't working in the HARET kernel.

Other than Wifi and handful of other Minor things as I see it. It is functional as a phone. It has Data. 3D is working which just got enabled for HARET.

Otherwise, android is fully in development mode. If you can't accept the broken things then wait.

I'll test out the new build when I charge tonight.

Not sure what you mean. Nand is actually ahead of haret in many ways. If wifi isnt working for you guys, we need to look into the modules that are being deployed. wifi has always worked..

natemcnutty: can you make sure the modules you are deploying match the kernel thati s being compiled.

ALso when you are trying to turn on wifi we need a logcat and dmesg. That will say why its not working.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I understand what you mean. Plus I know you and the others have code that hasn't been committed to the haret git branches like the battery meter code.

Anyway, I see he found some modules that wasn't built in the last time. I will take a look when I get home. Forgot my microsd adapter to put kernel on sd. Now without winmo I forgot usb mass storage isn't quite ready. I don't have a system with adb setup.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development