PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android Tablets (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=302)
-   -   Who's got one? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143186)

WarChild 04-28-2011 08:15 PM

Who's got one?

Where did you get it from and what do you think about it?

Jocelyn84 05-03-2011 06:58 PM

I got mine from someone on xda who had 2 orders go through. Needless to say, its incredible! Programming via Eclipe is really thing I really use my Macbook Pro for now, though I'm hopeful that we can get Ubuntu on this thing. With the ability to run an IDE, along with the dock, I'd probably never use my laptop.

Sent from my Asus Decepticon using Tapatalk

WarChild 05-11-2011 03:01 PM

Re: Who's got one?

Pictures. review???

MrBigKid 05-28-2011 08:26 AM

Stayed on the Nowinstock site for a week before I was fast enough to snag a B1 thru NewEgg. Absolutely love it. I came from a Nook color which I loved as well but this is just so much better. So far none of the quality issues some have discussed but there ARE a few cons IMHO. However the pros are so vast it is easier to just list the cons.

Charging cord WAY to short. WTH was ASUS thinking to make a 3 foot cord????????

No USB port on tablet. Should have at least one on the tablet for those that can't or won't get the keybrd.

Short lifespan. Tegra3 rumored to be coming out in QTR4. If that happens the value of these will plummet terribly. So will the desire for one.

Speakers are nowhere near loud enough if you have ANY background noise.

No AD-HOC tethering. This is a BIG deal for me since I intend to use this with my TP2 on the road. I do not want to root the TF this early in development.

But overall I love it!

MBK

WarChild 05-31-2011 10:57 AM

3 foot cord, thats crazy. I use BT headset so no worries there. How is the keyboard (or do you have it) I heard it is kinda cheesy.

ja8t 05-31-2011 07:30 PM

Hi all,
I got mine from PC Richards, made a mistake and let it go ground... ARGHHH took a week but, finally got it and it is very nice no problems at all. Like MrBigKid I came from a Nook Color which I really enjoyed but this far better. Love the screen... oh, the only thing that doesn't seem to work right now is Netflix, no biggie there. So far i haven't felt the urge to root like I did with the NC. I did upgrade to 3.1 and that went very smooth. The only problem there was the sound... had to reboot to get it back but, it just doesn't seem as loud as before...

ja8t 06-01-2011 09:45 PM

Not sure where this belongs but, I just bought a Prime case from these guys,
PRIME - Custom Case for Asus Transformer [PRIME_TF] - $33.00 : electronicCrap, Accessories for Android Tablets and Phones

gullzway 06-02-2011 01:43 AM

I don't.

darren.wlsn1 06-02-2011 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBigKid (Post 2107972)
Stayed on the Nowinstock site for a week before I was fast enough to snag a B1 thru NewEgg. Absolutely love it. I came from a Nook color which I loved as well but this is just so much better. So far none of the quality issues some have discussed but there ARE a few cons IMHO. However the pros are so vast it is easier to just list the cons.

Charging cord WAY to short. WTH was ASUS thinking to make a 3 foot cord????????

No USB port on tablet. Should have at least one on the tablet for those that can't or won't get the keybrd.

Short lifespan. Tegra3 rumored to be coming out in QTR4. If that happens the value of these will plummet terribly. So will the desire for one.

Speakers are nowhere near loud enough if you have ANY background noise.

No AD-HOC tethering. This is a BIG deal for me since I intend to use this with my TP2 on the road. I do not want to root the TF this early in development.

But overall I love it!

MBK

my girl had one and it had 2 usb ports?

WarChild 06-05-2011 06:32 PM

I just got my dock in yezterday. Tablet comes in the middle of the week...:(
Dock has 2 usb ports tablet doesnt.